Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2024, 08:40 PM

5,957 posts, read 3,706,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latunafish View Post
A college student being up at 2:30 is nefarious? No, this is not uncommon behavior and to blame Caleb at this point in the disappearance is disgusting to me.
I take it that reading comprehension is not your strong suit. I said nothing about "being up" at 2:30 AM. My comment was about "getting up" at 2:30 AM to take your dog for a walk.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2024, 09:00 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I totally understand. This is a fluid situation now and there are things tossed out there even by professional reporters that don't always turn out to be accurate.

But it certainly would make sense that a young college guy had ordered Uber Eats. This does not feel like a wandered off and jumped into a river scenario to me. Something happened to that kid.

I also believe that the meal was in his apartment. Which means.. He got the food from the Uber Eats driver.. Either it was brought to his door or he went to meet him at the gate. That subdivision is gated, but all images.. The gate was always open.. But.. Maybe it closed at night. I don't know.

So, one way or another, he was fine after meeting the Uber Eats driver. Either he met him at the apartment or brought it back.

So he THEN left the apartment. Why? This is.. Another of those times, that we see the same thing and interpret differently. I think we pretty much do that on everything.. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

But.. I think he had to ELECT to leave the apartment after the Uber Eats driver.

So, for this to be something nefarious.. The only real way I see that.. As I mentioned before.. Maybe he was the campus drug dealer. Or was selling term papers.. Or whatever. Those people showed up, called to get him out (though.. no record of him getting a call, so..).. OR.. This was a total crime of opportunity. Which means, he likely wouldn't know the people who took him. He wasn't targeted. And.. If it was a crime of opportunity.. Why take him? I could see it being a random killing.. But.. Kidnapping him to kill him elsewhere? To me, a crime of opportunity.. He wouldn't be missing. He'd have been shot/stabbed dead where he stood.

So.. I think this is not nefarious. I think.. For whatever reason, he left the apartment, went walking, and.. My guess is that he fell into water. Maybe he left the apartment to smoke.. weed or just a cigarette. Maybe that apartment was no smoking, so, he had to go out to do it. Walked down to that creek or whatever that's there.. Slipped, hit his head and fell in. Or.. Remember Andrew Koenig? (Boner on Growing Pains and Chekov's son).. He hung himself in a park in the middle of Vancouver and they didn't find him for NINE days.. Not saying he was suicidal, but.. Weirder things have happened. |

Anyway.. That's why I look at this as something.. If he's dead, which I have to believe.. I think it was accidental. If he's alive.. He 'disappeared' himself.. Which I find highly unlikely.. But, that'd be on him.. Not accidental, but, not something done by others, either. Sure as hell would be nefarious tho. On his part. People would tear him apart more than that woman in Alabama.

Old 03-15-2024, 11:54 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
There is a hope!
A missing 24-year-old Alison Tackett also from Corpus Christi was found safe last Wednesday.
She was missing for 3 weeks.
No details were provided.

https://www.kiiitv.com/article/news/...0-1c0f64336661

Old 03-16-2024, 02:35 AM

1,212 posts, read 501,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
There is a hope!
A missing 24-year-old Alison Tackett also from Corpus Christi was found safe last Wednesday.
She was missing for 3 weeks.
No details were provided.

https://www.kiiitv.com/article/news/...0-1c0f64336661
Local police found here around 3pm, no details, no arrests. Sounds like she was off on a drug fueled bender.

Old 03-16-2024, 05:34 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Maybe related, maybe not, but interesting:

https://www.newsweek.com/who-smiley-...stions-1780257
I remember this. Did not know it was revived last year.

Old 03-16-2024, 08:40 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I also believe that the meal was in his apartment. Which means.. He got the food from the Uber Eats driver.. Either it was brought to his door or he went to meet him at the gate. That subdivision is gated, but all images.. The gate was always open.. But.. Maybe it closed at night. I don't know.

So, one way or another, he was fine after meeting the Uber Eats driver. Either he met him at the apartment or brought it back.

So he THEN left the apartment. Why? This is.. Another of those times, that we see the same thing and interpret differently. I think we pretty much do that on everything.. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

But.. I think he had to ELECT to leave the apartment after the Uber Eats driver.

So, for this to be something nefarious.. The only real way I see that.. As I mentioned before.. Maybe he was the campus drug dealer. Or was selling term papers.. Or whatever. Those people showed up, called to get him out (though.. no record of him getting a call, so..).. OR.. This was a total crime of opportunity. Which means, he likely wouldn't know the people who took him. He wasn't targeted. And.. If it was a crime of opportunity.. Why take him? I could see it being a random killing.. But.. Kidnapping him to kill him elsewhere? To me, a crime of opportunity.. He wouldn't be missing. He'd have been shot/stabbed dead where he stood.

So.. I think this is not nefarious. I think.. For whatever reason, he left the apartment, went walking, and.. My guess is that he fell into water. Maybe he left the apartment to smoke.. weed or just a cigarette. Maybe that apartment was no smoking, so, he had to go out to do it. Walked down to that creek or whatever that's there.. Slipped, hit his head and fell in. Or.. Remember Andrew Koenig? (Boner on Growing Pains and Chekov's son).. He hung himself in a park in the middle of Vancouver and they didn't find him for NINE days.. Not saying he was suicidal, but.. Weirder things have happened. |

Anyway.. That's why I look at this as something.. If he's dead, which I have to believe.. I think it was accidental. If he's alive.. He 'disappeared' himself.. Which I find highly unlikely.. But, that'd be on him.. Not accidental, but, not something done by others, either. Sure as hell would be nefarious tho. On his part. People would tear him apart more than that woman in Alabama.
Caleb is a young, handsome guy. I think they need to look into his dating history and whether or not he had recently rejected anyone.

People don't think of men becoming victims of stalkers and such but look at what Jodi Arias did to Travis Alexander. It happens.

Old 03-16-2024, 09:48 AM

3,934 posts, read 2,184,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
He took his dog for a walk at 2:45 AM, brought the dog back in and stepped back out of the apartment possibly to pick up Uber Eats or one of those type of things to pick up food for Tuesday at school. His phone was off by 3am and has never come back on.
He left behind his keys, wallet, and vehicle, police said. He did have his phone but it has since turned off, they said.
There's just nothing there that would cause anyone to believe he was in any trouble, danger or leaving.

Search for missing A&M-CC student Caleb Harris continues and expands as CCPD brings in Dive and Recovery Team.
Police also deployed cadaver dogs in the area and drones are used to search nearby wetlands and a dive team to search canals in the area.
Corpus Christi Police Academy cadets were helping to canvas fields and ditches. Parents, friends and fellow students are also helping with the search.

After a week, there aren't still any clues or evidence.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/author...y?id=107862820

https://www.kiiitv.com/article/news/...c-0654fca08037
The first link in your post says “that dog returned home” but not Caleb.

Unfortunately, the journalism these days are very inaccurate, confusing in their rush to just post the information asap, with a lot of speculations already in.

Doesn’t look good though if his phone was off at 3 a.m that night

Old 03-16-2024, 10:40 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
It seems like an eerie coincidence that Jason Landry and Caleb Harris look similar. Same age at disappearance, similar height and weight.

Old 03-16-2024, 07:41 PM

I didn't see this statement before:
"Sometime between 2 and 3 in the morning, he just vanished, and his Uber Eats was still at the door," Becky (his mother) said.
So, he never went to pickup his order since the order was delivered to his door.
Where did he go?

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/corp...-still-missing

Caleb had even ordered Uber Eats and went outside to wait. When the driver arrived, he left the food and Caleb was gone.

"They did investigate the driver of that Uber Eats and so far, what they've determined is that she was not involved," said Randy. (his father)

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/loc...ction-pleading

Old 03-16-2024, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
The first link in your post says “that dog returned home” but not Caleb.

Unfortunately, the journalism these days are very inaccurate, confusing in their rush to just post the information asap, with a lot of speculations already in.

Doesn’t look good though if his phone was off at 3 a.m that night
I guess every journalist has to work with the info they gather at the moment.
Not sure what's so confusing about his dog "returning home". The fact was established and confirmed by all news sources.
It was a new dog (seems to be a dachshund) he and his roommate got just that evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events