Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2024, 09:28 PM

4,991 posts, read 5,283,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Do people really get up at 2:30 AM to take their dog for a walk? Or was that just something to do to APPEAR to be doing something legitimate while he actually was up to something fishy or illegal?

My guess is that he was up at that hour for some nefarious reason, and whomever he was meeting with (or someone they knew) is responsible for his disappearance. Check with his friends, girlfriend, classmates, and acquaintances to learn his habits and whom he associated with. That will provide the clues to find out what happened and possibly who was involved in his disappearance.

He's a college student. They stay up that late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2024, 09:32 PM

17,352 posts, read 16,492,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
He's a college student. They stay up that late.
Yep. I was going to say the same thing.

Old 03-15-2024, 12:04 AM

61,656 posts, read 87,023,434 times
Nowhere was said that he got up. Perhaps he was studying or writing a paper till that time, then after he finished, he decided to walk the dog and get the food before going to bed.
But why he didn't go with his dog to pick up the food? Or why he was walking barefoot and without a wallet ?
Was his food already prepaid?

I hate to even suggest that, but..
Perhaps he was buying something else and the deal went wrong...

Old 03-15-2024, 06:59 AM

This happened to me when I was in college:

A guy I had broken up with after dating for a short time stopped by my dorm while I was in the community t.v. room watching a show with friends. I saw him and quickly got up to see what he wanted, not wanting to make a scene. He wanted to talk to me in privacy and I didn't want to take him to my dorm room so we stepped outside. I was barefoot, had no jacket on, I had my dorm key but nothing else with me. It was chilly outside and there were people walking by so the guy suggested that we sit in his car to have some privacy. We got into his car and the next thing you know he started that car up and without my permission took me out for a long car ride in the country while we had a talk.

My friends back at the dorm had grown concerned. All they knew was I was there watching t.v. with them one second and gone the next and of course there were no cellphones back then. He wound up dropping me back off at my dorm as my friends were debating whether or not to call the campus police.

Maybe something similar happened here - a "friend" coaxed him into a car to talk and then just drove off with him.

Old 03-15-2024, 08:13 AM

17,568 posts, read 15,232,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Nowhere was said that he got up. Perhaps he was studying or writing a paper till that time, then after he finished, he decided to walk the dog and get the food before going to bed.
But why he didn't go with his dog to pick up the food? Or why he was walking barefoot and without a wallet ?
Was his food already prepaid?

I hate to even suggest that, but..
Perhaps he was buying something else and the deal went wrong...

It was an Uber Eats delivery from what i've read.

The place is a gated community.. Perhaps he had to go to the gate to pick up the food? Otherwise, I would figure the Uber Eats driver would have brought it to his door.

Old 03-15-2024, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
It was an Uber Eats delivery from what i've read.

The place is a gated community.. Perhaps he had to go to the gate to pick up the food? Otherwise, I would figure the Uber Eats driver would have brought it to his door.
Did the Uber Eats driver actually see him or just drop off the food for him somewhere? One would think that a gated community would have security cameras. And a lot of the delivery people have dashcams.

Old 03-15-2024, 01:54 PM

17,568 posts, read 15,232,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Did the Uber Eats driver actually see him or just drop off the food for him somewhere? One would think that a gated community would have security cameras. And a lot of the delivery people have dashcams.

My understanding, and.. Don't put full faith in this.. The last sighting of him WAS the Uber Eats driver.

That's the impression i've gotten from reading on it. But, I haven't seen that expressly said anywhere. So.. I always tell people I take many things with a grain of salt.. Do the same on this, because I won't say that is confirmed.

Old 03-15-2024, 03:21 PM

2,465 posts, read 2,760,712 times
Quote:
Do people really get up at 2:30 AM to take their dog for a walk? Or was that just something to do to APPEAR to be doing something legitimate while he actually was up to something fishy or illegal?

I often walk my 4 dogs in the middle of the night. Sometimes, someone has to go "right now" but most often it's because I have to get up in the middle of the night to get myself ready for work. Once I'm up so are they and everyone now needs a walk

Old 03-15-2024, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
My understanding, and.. Don't put full faith in this.. The last sighting of him WAS the Uber Eats driver.

That's the impression i've gotten from reading on it. But, I haven't seen that expressly said anywhere. So.. I always tell people I take many things with a grain of salt.. Do the same on this, because I won't say that is confirmed.
I totally understand. This is a fluid situation now and there are things tossed out there even by professional reporters that don't always turn out to be accurate.

But it certainly would make sense that a young college guy had ordered Uber Eats. This does not feel like a wandered off and jumped into a river scenario to me. Something happened to that kid.

Old 03-15-2024, 06:32 PM

1,392 posts, read 1,399,233 times
Quote:

My guess is that he was up at that hour for some nefarious reason, and whomever he was meeting with (or someone they knew) is responsible for his disappearance. Check with his friends, girlfriend, classmates, and acquaintances to learn his habits and whom he associated with. That will provide the clues to find out what happened and possibly who was involved in his disappearance.

A college student being up at 2:30 is nefarious? No, this is not uncommon behavior and to blame Caleb at this point in the disappearance is disgusting to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events