Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 05:04 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,111,194 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

I went to bed around 9:30 and didn't move until 6 !!!

I guess I was more worn out than I thought
As much fun as the FR was I am glad it is over rofl though not as glad as hubby
I am sure he is glad we can now go places and he won't have to worry that the first thought I get is" hmmm I wonder if they have something interesting that would make a good donation

As much as I would love to veg today I really need to do some cleaning especially since a friend of hubby is stopping by the evening
Its the friend I mentioned a while back that wanted to "move in" when he left his wife
Hmm I wonder what drama he has now

What a shame I won't be able to "visit" but I really have to get my Christmas cards done tonight

So I will debate with myself on what to do today
I will have some one on one with the treadmill at one point today

So what exciting things do you have planned ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 05:33 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,258,704 times
Well, it's just not my day, that's for sure.

It hasn't rained here in 3 months and, while I'm normally happy to see a nice, soft, steady rain like this, I'm not happy today. Today's the day my neighbor and I go ring the bell for the Salvation Army. DH says he has a theme song for us. Instead of Singin' in the Rain, it's "Ringin' in the Rain". He's all heart, that one!

And I needed to get something out to our insurance lady and so we scanned it 2 different ways for her. Neither one would print, so I had to copy them and mail them. Do ya think the copier would cooperate??? Nnnnoooooo... I kept pushing the far right button to copy but that just turns the machine on and off. So, instead of copying, I went and turned the ^*&(()^*()(*^%*&^*'in thing off not once but twice! GGGRRRR...

Gotta run....Have to go spread holiday cheer. Now....where's my Grinch hat???

Old 12-09-2010, 05:34 AM

PS - Karla....glad to hear the fundraiser was a success. Did you get enough help?

Old 12-09-2010, 06:08 AM

oh Pattie I have always wanted to be a bell ringer !!! There was one a few years ago at Publix that I will always remember
He was an older gentleman who serenaded everyone with Christmas Carols he had a wonderful voice.

As far as the help
I did get 2 of the girls from the office to help they were great
Get this the Secretary of the office made a weird comment when I asked about help she said "well I am not going to ask any of the MG to help because this is their holiday luncheon & I want them to relax and enjoy"
Ummm I am also a MG

Old 12-09-2010, 06:19 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,360,863 times
Oh Pattie you just cracked me up with the "ringing in the rain!" Shame on me I know. I went bell ringing a few years back with the Cub Scouts. Froze my hiney off, but it was worth it.

Congrats on the FR Karla. It sounds like you all did a great job.

Well, I have to do a run to the store this morning to buy booze and soda for our Christmas party. Then I have to head over to the other side of town to drop off books for our deployed Marines. I need to get it all done before the first substantial snowfall starts blowing through. Can you guess what I'll be doing later? Yup, watching my son shovel snow! I'll make him hot chocolate with marsmallows, plus he's getting paid to do it.

I'm going to try a few minutes on the elyptical later on today. Fingers crossed I get further than last time!

Old 12-09-2010, 06:23 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,113 times
Oh well Karla it is over for another year and knowing you, you will forget the drama by then. I have to admit the secretary was very rude tho.......
Morning all!
Today I am waiting on UPS and picking up the house. Depending on when UPS gets here I will go down to local UC office and see what I have to do to sign up for Unemployment. Thanks for the advice yesterday Pattie, sometimes I forget that I have to look out for number one!
Evey make sure that you call if you need anything at all!!! We will miss you so get back online asap!
Gotta get and work out with the exercise channel today. Change it up a little, just hope I can find something I can keep up with
Have a great day all!
Oh I forgot, this morning the sunrise was sooooo beautiful. When Cassy and I were walking the sky is blue the sunrise clouds are pink and it was quite the sight in the early hours with the snow and the trees in the background.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:14 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,229,188 times
Morning peeps!

The rain has passed here. Good thing, we have quit a bit of loading to get done today. It took me half of the day yesterday to get my desk disassembled and I am now behind schedule. I am at that point in the packing that the entire house is full of scattered stuff and it is making me crazy!

At some point this afternoon I will take down the computer. I will have to take the modem to Bright House and they are not open until 10:00 at night, KWIM?

Shadow & I have been for a quick walk. Not sure if we will make it to the dog park today or not.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:58 AM

Evey hurry up and get back online Have a safe trip !!!

Old 12-09-2010, 08:35 AM

OK, I'm back home, one big ol' frozen popsicle. I was ok till the last 1/2 hour and I swear my big toe lost all feeling. That's ok; it's for a good cause. The first thing I did when I got home was to start up the coffee pot, then I washed dishes in nice, HOT water!

Evey, be safe, dear lady. We'll miss you and look forward to hearing from you when you're in your new digs.

Question: What's KWIM???

Tet, that hot cocoa sounds good and so does the booze for the party. If you need a taster, I'm available.

Good luck, Sandy. I hope they have good news for you at the Unenjoyment office!

Old 12-09-2010, 11:01 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,529,797 times
KWIM= know what I mean Have a safe trip Evey--I don't envy you rounding up the kitties for the trip. Last time we took Mystic to the groomer, about 2 weeks ago, she peed and peed, and got there and peed some more, and b*tched loudly the whole way there. (it's funny, except for that getting peed on part.)

I'll be back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals