Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 04:45 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times

Advertisements

yikes I got up and the house felt chilly so I looked at the thermostat and it is only 67 in here

I checked the outside temp and no wonder it is only 48 out there

yup lol grabbed the fuzzy robe
Considering it hit 90 om Monday thats quite a temp change

Today is school I am taking something interesting to show the kids
a green egg !! My Japanese neighbor has a friend with chickens that lay green eggs so I know the kids are going to love seeing it

Exercise will have to wait til I get home from school I am thinking I may do one of the spin DVDs today for a change

What are you all doing this fine chilly morning ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 05:50 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
LOL....bring some ham, then you can show them Green Eggs and Ham!

59 here right now. My walk seemed chilly when I started off, but I warmed up quickly. Only did 2 miles today. Got a lot of housework to catch up on - our Sunday coffee friends are coming to dinner tomorrow so while DH is taking his turn Driving Mr. Jim, I'll be cleaning. First load of laundry is already in.

Tomorrow, we're going to do a turkey breast on the rotisserie, twice baked sweet potatoes, a tomato salad and probably green beans for a veggie. Dessert will be.......cookies, of course! Oh, and I'm going to make some of that boule bread I think.

Tonight, I think I'm going to have DH grill some chicken kabobs and I'll do some rice. Sounds good to me.

Have a great day, all.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:02 AM

rofl Pattie I should do that I even have a green eggs & ham T-shirt
When my friend was over the other night I was explaining the green eggs & ham story

I love twice baked taters but never tried them with sweet potato's are they made the same way ?

Old 04-06-2011, 07:16 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,520 times
Highly motivated today... laundry on the go, dishes loaded, and workout done! Should be heading out for a walk in a couple of hours when hubby gets up.

Karla, do you have a Dr. Suess hat?

Pattie I too love twice baked spuds. Love them with strong Irish cheese, chives, and a little sour cream on the side... drool...

Hope everyone has a wonderful 'hump' day!

Old 04-06-2011, 07:58 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,225,338 times
Morning all! I'm having a slow start to the day, got up sick in the middle of the night. Poor Bob was following me around going what can I do. Now I am feeling better but still week.

Bob will be going to orientation today, yep he got a job not one that he will keep forever but it will keep the wolf away from our door.

Karla can't say as I have ever seen a green egg, is it a certain breed of chicken who lays it?

Pattie dinner sounds yummy and Sue so do your twice baked spuds

Gotta get and see if I can finally log into the benefit/HR page at work. I was finally able to punch in yesterday!

Old 04-06-2011, 07:58 AM

These have cream cheese in them, cinnamon, I think brown sugar, some other stuff, and pecans on the top. Soooo yummy.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:47 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
Morning peeps!

Dang Pattie, if you swap the sweet potato for a banana I would love it!

Congrats to Bob!

I also got a late start today. I was up for hours in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. I hate that!

Shadow & I have been out hunting this morning. In a little while we will go visit the cookie ladies. Not sure what else is on the list for today.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:56 AM

Ooo, Sandy, I missed Bob's announcement. Good for you guys. Hey, it beats hanging around feeling sorry for yourself. BTDT. And it shows he's willing to work - good vibes to prospective employers.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:48 AM

woo hoo congrats to Bob !!!! Sandy

Pattie I may have to give those taters a try

Sue I am glad to see you are having nice weather again

The kids loved love the green eggs They thought I dyed them and when I said this is how they come from the chicken I got lots of ooos & ahhhhs

I should of taken a picture of the eggs

rofl one was a beigey green and the science lab teacher asked if she could have it so she could have Lowes match the color for paint
ok then lol

She is going to blow out the remaining eggs so each teacher can have the shell for their class

When I got them this morning my neighbor asked me if I would drive her to the Navy base this afternoon
I said sure ok now don't laugh but her husband was a retired commander and they have the blue base sticker on the car
So when we enter the base in her car the guards salute us !! how cool is that

lol its the simple things make me happy

ok off my my next adventure

Old 04-06-2011, 09:55 AM

I'll send you the recipe, Karla. Oh, and, IMO...you deserve to be saluted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals