Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 04:26 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,112,598 times

Advertisements

lol can't wait to see what "adventures" it holds

As I mentioned in yesterdays thread my MIL is coming over around 9
I am going to save my exercising for this afternoon when she goes home.
Because lol I need to run the vacuum and do a little dusting before she gets here

They are saying we have 3 chances for rain this week(rofl yeah right) with temps in the high 80's Wednesday it is suppose to be 93
Summer is upon us

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 06:12 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,369 times
Morning all!

Well I have my walk out of the way, easy to walk here everyone else is out for a morning walk or run This afternoon I will do some waist trimming exercise and see where that gets me.

Jesse got our computer up and running yesterday, he made it wireless (I thought it was too old for him to do that), now all I have to do is hook up the printer and the speakers. So I will spend a good portion of the morning looking for jobs and sending out resumes. I plan on steam cleaning Tricia's living room and dinning room today (never got to it last week). So I am thinking that is a full day and about all I can handle.

We got nice weather yesterday but overcast and feels like rain this morning, typical MI spring weather.

Have a great day all!

Old 04-25-2011, 06:37 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,259,466 times
Hi, gang.

Not much is going on here today. I started with one of my stabbing type headaches yesterday and, just recently, it morphed into a migraine, so I'm taking it easy, even tho I am doing some laundry. That's no biggy. Consequently, I'll not be on much today.

Take care, all. Have a great day.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:00 AM

1,160 posts, read 4,244,790 times
KwaK,
I have been noticing this thread whenever I come to the general forums at city-data, and was intrigued since it is exercise-related, but I also avoided it because I do not want to exercise. Well, today I checked in and I guess I thought this thread would give us an "exercise for the day," unless that is the yard and house work that you all do. Could you please consider giving us a set of exercises that might help improve our physical fitness (and lose weight) for each time you post? I had actually thought "Easter Exercise" would give me a group of muscle training ideas to follow for the day.

I suppose when I FINALLY get it together to start exercising again, I USED to get on my stationary bike and really tear into that thing and get some miles on the speedometer, always did it after breakfast before work, back when I worked. Well, now, my body won't sit on that seat no more after I got disabled (old car wreck messed up my back as I aged), so I know I gotta have (a) an indoor exercise and (b) an outdoor yard exercise. Husband and I KNOW we've got to put a garden, but are both wore slam out. I've tried a few TV things, but wind up injurying myself. I used to do an Asian type self-defense group of movements, but I have forgotten how now. So, would be nice if you could tell us what bunch of muscles we're gonna stretch today, or a high-burning home-cleaning regime, or "let's get under that kitchen sink and clean it up," stuff like that.

As for walking, I would like to tell you doggie folks, that we have two larger dogs 14 years old, hanging in. One is having lots of problems, but we'll see. Other one looks like he's got a couple more years. So, whilst dealing with thoughts of them leaving us (I cry), I thought about the next dog we might get. Our fav dog of all time was a German Shepherd Dog, and we'd like another, but we are in such lousy shape, we've about convinced ourselves we couldn't give him the daily workout he would need. But then I had an idea.

We live on a half-acre, and a quarter of it is all field that goes down to a creek, completely fenced. So, I thought of making a walking path along the fenceline, going in a rough square, walk it over and over until I get a flat dirt spot to follow around and around, since GSDs like to walk fences. I thought if I could walk that way flat out, since it's uneven, I could consider myself in good enough shape to walk the dog almost daily, to give him his exercise (plus it would help me). But I cannot seem to get my motivation going to do it, which is understandable since it's hard for me to do things in general on account of my old back injury.

So, anyhow, those are my thoughts and ideas about types of exercise. I just thought, EwaK, that you could take the lead for us in creating some daily exercise things that an older disabled person like me could do in my house and on my property. Just would be nice if someone was cheering me by example, and I could follow. I'm in the midst of chemo for breast cancer, my legs hurt a WHOLE lot, that doesn't end until begin of July, so probably would have to begin with inside stretches or whatever you can think of, and then pick up with the walks in July in that field for future dog. And eventually when I get in good shape, so too will husband, and we can do a garden. A lawn man mows our grass. Ignore me if this is silly or not the plan here.
GG

Old 04-25-2011, 07:46 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,369 times
Welcome Gigmatic! We all have different exercises we do, some use equipment and others walk, run, and have gyms we visit. We like to encourage ourselves I myself have just implemented a waist exercise into my group of walks, videos, etc. Is this something you might like or be able to do?

Bob has a second interview for Vertis! Yes, please send up prayers, good thoughts, etc. The power of the exercise group

Old 04-25-2011, 07:47 AM

Welcome, gigimac. You've come to the right place. Cheryl (aka songinthewind7) is also a breast cancer survivor. We don't really have any specific programs - I usually walk in the mornings, but my headache stopped me from doing it today - but we'll be more than happy to help you out with suggestions and encouragement. None of us is a major exercise gym rat - we just do what works for us.

Anybody got any ideas???

Old 04-25-2011, 07:49 AM

Sandy, that's wonderful news about Bob's interview. Best of luck to you both.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:20 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,339,102 times
Hi everyone,

Did 30 minutes on the treadmill today. I'm also trying to get motivated to do another 30 in the afternoon.

Yay for Bob's interview. Hope he gets the job.

Welcome Gigimac - As nomoresnow mentioned, I am a breast cancer survivor. I went through surgery and chemo last year. As far as exercises you may feel like doing now??? I can tell you I didn't feel like doing anything most of the time but I tried walking very short distances outside and I have a walking dvd that I would do but I didn't do all of it and I didn't do all the moves. I did what I could. On days you feel half decent, just get up and move a little more. I know it's hard. Don't think about losing weight now. This is not the time to lose weight and I'm sure you've already been told that. Take it day by day and do very small things. Even when you get off chemo, take it slow. I've been off chemo for 8 months and still don't have the energy I would like. Didn't mean to write a 'book' but let us help you anyway we can.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:00 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,112,598 times
Welcome gigimac
As the other said we all do different kinds of exercise
I have a treadmill because it is too hot here in Florida duming the summer to walk outside

We are a fun bunch and you are so welcome to join us
I have never met such an inspiring bunch than the terrific women here
We have become a family over the past few years

Song who has fought the battle of cancer as you are gave some great advise

The best way to get started is to get moving no matter how much or how little little steps build to longer ones

Sending you good thoughts as you go through the chemo

Sandy fingers crossed for Bobs 2nd interview

Pattie I hope you are feeling better this afternoon I have a couple friends who have migraines not pleasant

Well MIL just left
omg my brain is worn out
of course while going over her stuff I get a call from my manager that there is a problem with the internet & report system
So had to work on that lol my MIL now understands a bit as to what my job is

I am thinking a nice cold beer will be showing up

Hubby has a 4 pm conference call so I can watch Celebrity Apprentice
that I recorded last night
Not that it matters since MIL told me who was "fired" right after I said " I only watched the beginning before I went to bed"
GRRRRR what part of "the beginning" was not understood

Old 04-25-2011, 02:11 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,530,896 times
Well, Billy is on his way back, the flight has a very off-course flight line so it's avoiding all the storms. It's going to be late getting to Dallas. Hopefully he won't miss his next one. It's a very dismal day here, we have had a ton of rain so far and it's still coming down.

Had a pretty nice visit except not nearly long enough, as usual. Got our newer b-ball backboard up and shot some Easter basketball yesterday, played putt-putt on Saturday and it was REALLY windy, made it interesting.

Visited MIL/grama, found out she's probably going to move into assisted living because it is too BORING where she lives! She's 87 and she's lonely living in the apt. where she's at now; a lot of her friends moved into this place that she's looking at, so that will be good.

Have a good rest of the day everyone. Oh-I did the big day bootcamp workout, my arms are a little sore from shooting baskets too, but not a great deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals