Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 05:17 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,152,634 times

Advertisements

test

ok that was weird I tried to post todays thread and got this really weird message

Now it seems to be working lol good thing I did the old copy paste
Yay hurry up weekend I can't wait
I am tempted to turn the phone off and have a relaxing nothing planned come what may weekend !!!

Today is bank day with a stop at Lowes to buy some dirt then to Costoc to return the container of peeled & sliced Mango. lol I don't think it is suppose to be so stringy that you need a session with dental floss

I need to stop(lol after I find it) at the lawn mower place to see if they have mulching blades for my mower they are 2 blades on top of each other and wil reduce the cutting to really tiny pieces
Woo hoo it may mean no more bagging of the cuttings

Home for some exercise then not sure what else will happen
Hopefully no CD house or work drama

Are you norther ladies still having the heat wave ?
I think Cheryl is the only one with cool weather

lol Cheryl do you have room for all of us at your house
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 05:51 AM

Sandy I just took a look at the Greenhouse nursery link you mentioned
OMG !!!! I was drooling

I would love to be able to grow some of those plants

hmm maybe I do need to move backup north

Here is the link for those without FB

Wall Photos | Facebook

Old 05-13-2011, 06:07 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,231,211 times
Thanks for bringing the link over here Karla! I think I may have found my "gardening store". It is huge and out in the country, horses and cows out there and still some farmers (in Michigan a lot of the farmers sold out their farms in that area because it is becoming so attractive for suburbs).

I kinda figured that you had an "interesting" talk with management being as we did not hear from you again yesterday! Yey for you on calling them out on their work, are these guys contracts or actual employees? I'm not really understanding how they can surprise you with a contract.

Bob still has more bark to put around the house and he has placed in the flower gardens, under the deck (the deck is raised about a foot from the ground with no shrubs or landscaping around it) and even made a portion of the side of the house into a little landscape area. The company Tricia ordered from is one of her bosses companies and they give her services for cost to them, she also has some big rocks coming next week. Anyway this guy told Bob, when I found out this was for Tricia I threw some extra in the load, she ordered 2 yards and he brought 3! We are fighting to find places to put it! Anyway it looks real nice and is a simulated color of chocolate and it looks so rich. I'm going to take pictures today and then download them on the computer this weekend so I can share, I just wish I had before pictures!

We are going to Kims for steak dinner tonight and Tricia is coming too. Should be a fun evening with the kids to entertain us and the weather is just so beautiful!

Gotta get, don't know what I am doing for exercise today, I will stop back in after I figure it out!

Old 05-13-2011, 06:10 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,370,680 times
Karla, sounds like you kicked butt my dear! Good for you!!

Sandy, you sound so much happier!!!

I want that garden center near me!!! But... I really need to take you ladies to England and show you the garden center of my dreams just outside of my home town. It started small and just grew from there. It's not even in a big city!

Bents Garden Centre, Furniture & Restaurant | More than just a garden centre

Got two of the nine shrubs I bought in the ground yesterday before the storm hit. I don't need to water for a while!!! After my morning walk I'll be getting down and dirty again. I'd have it all done by now (with the exception of edging rock), but I'm waiting on the hubby to get the tires on the trailer fixed! I need it to haul all the sod out and bring all the mulch in. We decided yesterday that the veggie area can wait until next year to be finished. That's ok. I'm happy with what has been accomplished this year already! Looking for another bird bath now or fountain.

Anyhoo, already done the elyptical and strength this morning. Walk later...

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!

Nice to 'see' you again MM and with a lovely little addition to the family as well! CONGRATS!

Old 05-13-2011, 06:21 AM

Wow Sue
Ok you guys are "killing me" now I want to move up north and to England !!

lol If I had access to either of those places I would be "banned" by hubby in a heartbeat

Old 05-13-2011, 06:31 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,370,680 times
Well I used to live in the North of England!!!! Double wammy!!!!

Old 05-13-2011, 06:46 AM

Okay Sue I want to go to England really, really bad and now after looking at that link.........well lets just say my bucket list just got a little bigger. Some of my friends from Nowzad are in UK and it is beautiful looking at their picture of gardens, the beautiful older houses. Big sigh and now I looked at the menu to your garden center and lets say my taste buds are watering!

Old 05-13-2011, 07:11 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,263,920 times
Morning peeps!

You guys are making me feel bad for not being into plants.

I slept like a rock last night for the first time in about a month. It was amazing!

Shadow, TT and I have been out hunting. In a few minutes Shadow & I will go visit the cookie ladies and later we will head to the barn to hunt mousies and ride.

Rain is in the forecast for this afternoon, then some cooler temps. Way too early to be as hot as it has been the last couple of days. It has been so hot that the crack sealer that the city of Indianapolis used on the roads has melted, leaving drivers with tar all over their cars.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:38 AM

I guess better to find out now that they used a low grade sealer than in the heat of the summer. I'm guessing the city of Indy is going to have some claims against it! We were about 83 yesterday which is hot for this early in the season, but it was still nice and refreshing being as I was in pants and sweatshirts last week!
Bob's Dad had to be transported (via family) to the Detroit area early this week. Poor guy has a bulging disk and is going to be seen at Uof M next week sometime. Don't understand why they just did not go to Jacksonville in FL (that is where they live half the year, Palm Coast) and have the surgery there, but heck I don't know the whole story, like usual.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:53 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,395,526 times
Good afternon ladies.

Wow, tet, that garden center is amazing. Haven't seen anything like it at all.

But Evey I can understand you. I'm glad we have only a very small property so I don't have to do much garden work. DH moved the wee bit of lawn we have and he put in a herb bed a few weeks ago. Chive, parsley, rosemary, thyme, basil and a bit of arugula are all I can keep growing

I did a few exercises for my upper legs and my tummy. The weekend is here and the walking stopped I just don't have the time or the desire to go for a walk when DH and my parents are at home. So much else to do then.
Anyhow, DH will take me to the mall today. Maybe I can get a new dress or two for the spring and afterwards it's movie time. Haven't been to the movies in about 3 months and I'm looking forward to it. My parents are keeping Miguel and Anni and we'll take Anni home (right next door) when we get back.

Okay, gotta go. Wish you all a nice and relaxing weekend with lots of time in your gardens!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals