Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 10:07 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,299,151 times

Advertisements

(((big sigh))) No walk this a.m. I got right into my a.m. chores so we could do the windows on the lanai. I just sat down for the first time since 6:30. Boy, am I hungry, tired, sore, and stinky!

But the lanai looks so much better. We'd better start saving our nickels dimes and quarters because these windows aren't cleaning up as well as they used to. I don't know when she put these in, but they're showing their age. I've been wanting to replace them since we moved here, so that may just happen within the next year. Finally. Real windows!

Karla...I would think one of those rolling A/C units would work for ya.

I'll go check out the garden links later...I really need/want a shower. CYL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 10:25 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,236,135 times
Walk done with Max and family room steam cleaned, now I have to get cleaned up for the day. It is bright and sunshinny out and I am loving it. PS Sue I am really happy, I'm too close to my kids to be that far away from them

Pattie, my in-laws had those slatted roll out windows when they purchased their FL home, built in the 80's I think, and one year about 5 years ago a hurricane blew in and they had water all over the lanai from where the windows leaked, did not take them long to replace the old ones after that happening!

Old 05-13-2011, 11:53 AM

These leak, too, depending on which way the wind/rain are coming from. That's one reason we replaced the carpeting w/tile.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:52 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,172,773 times
Hi everyone
Back form my wandering and it was just what I needed to shake the "drama funk"
I came home to a great email the lender is accepting the POA !!! lol ya gotta love how quoting codes & laws can work
so now we just have to get the paperwork back from the VA and we are golden for closing on or near the 23rd
That is one big weight off my shoulders

I am going to chat with hubby tonight about the rolling AC

If the garage is cooler he can spend more time out there making neat things !!!

Old 05-13-2011, 02:05 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,562,392 times
Maybe I'll tell my husband about those ACs too, so he can spend more time in his garage, although boat season will soon be here.

Just did a 20 minute upper body workout, yikes are my arms tired! I put the 2.5 pounders back on, so they're probably close to 9 give or take.

It's pretty hot here too, but since I didn't open anything up, it's fairly cool in here. Now I just have to find my shorts from last year, but dang, I can't even remember what ones I used to wear for around the house--by which I mean my ratty ones! I can't believe how expensive shorts are anymore. It's ridiculous.

Have a good evening everyone.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:12 PM

fuzzy, I can't believe how expensive everything's gotten.

Karla, when we closed on our house up north to move here, we had DH's sister's office do it (she worked for a lawyer). Well, his sister knows everything and used to work in a realty office, whereas her current boss was more family law. I told her I'd be in Florida when the house closed, so I needed to give hubster my POA to close by himself. Oh, you can't do that. Yep. She knows everything...and this was supposed to be her expertise! And to top it off, when everything got signed for the POA, she asked if I wanted a copy for my protection. GMAB. My hubby (her brother) is the honest, most generous person I've ever known. I told her if I didn't trust him, it was time to look for a divorce lawyer.

Well, guess what. We got about an hour and a half of rain - almost 2 inches, according to my handy dandy rain gauge. Finally. DH and I are taking credit for it because we washed the lanai windows. Yep. We brought it on.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:18 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,172,773 times
lol ok I will even go to the extent of washing my windows if it will bring us rain !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals