Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 02:39 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times

Advertisements

I am reverse hibernating. There is no way I am going outside. Hubby and I got back from helping his daughter with some trim work. We do it for her...not her loser, oops did I say that, husband.

Sandy-So glad you had a nice time with your brother. Wishing him the best for his treatments.

I hear you about the huffing and puffing. I do a lot of stuff it;s just not on a regular basis. I did get my 30 minutes in on the treadmill.

[quote=nomoresnow;19964630]Also tomorrow, we have to go to the hairdresser for mom's cut. She wants me to go so the lady can see my cut and do hers the same way. Great...now nobody'll be able to tell us apart!

QUOTE]

They say we eventually turn onto our mothers JK

Karla- Sorry to hear about your shoulder problems. Can you get any type of exercises from the PT to do at home to help you?

Thank you for the link. I checked it but now I'm really confused. Brambles, canes, floricane years I might have to try you tube to "see" a real video. I trimmed the bushes back 2 springs ago and last summer I had no fruit. This year I have berries and I don;t want to mess it up..even though there is a lot of dead branches around it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Well, I fell off the wagon a little this weekend. Pulled an all-nighter drinking and dancing on Saturday. LOL slept til like 3 on Sunday. Drank FOUR glasses of wine, and I still have a headache.

I just posted how I hate DIY in the house forum, but I DIYed, and not like a top job, either. LOL anyway, I am HAPPY with the result, and will attempt to train the Keewee up it probably tonight.
Ouch...I can't do those kinds of weekends anymore, lol. You will get back on track. My biggest problem is underestimation what I eat. I need to start writing it all down

I'm glad you are happy with he results of your project.

My life is one big DIY project, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post

Had a fire last night outside of Timberon and the forest service is still trying to get it out. Thundering now. Hopefully, we'll get some rain out of that. Don't want any lightening. Apparently, that's the way the fire was started last night.
DId 30 minutes on the treadmill and some laundry. Also baked some banana bread.

Hoping the power doesn't go out and no more fire calls.
I hope they get the fire out soon. It has been so dry in many areas..so scary. Good luck and I hope you get some rain soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 04:42 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
lisa some of the articles can be confusing
Another idea you can try is to call your local extension office, many of them have Master Gardeners that man the phones to answer home owners gardening questions
I bet one of them will have the easy to understand answer

Cheryl I hope you get the rain needed to get this fire out
Lightening is what has been causing so many problems with the fires we have going on here the past couple months they will get an area under control and a storm will come through and 2 or 3 more will start up

Well Ortho Doc was interesting
He said the reason I have been having the burning in my elbow is I have todays version of "tennis elbow" They no longer call it that because if can be caused by computer use,constant lifting of heavy objects,repetitive motion of the wrist & forearm

The nerves and tendons are stretched where they connect
Gardening & weed pulling can lead to this

My shoulder is the same thing it was a couple years ago he said the grinding is still there but he doesn't think there are any tears
So since the cortisone pills didn't help he said (and I knew this was coming) we can look into a cortisone shots yeah not happening

So he gave me Celebrex - thats what your taking Pattie isnt it-
He also gave me this support band that goes right under the elbow to redirect the movement of the tendons & nerves
I have seen them on pro athletes and always wondered what they were lol I use to think they were just sweat bands

So we made a "deal" we are going to give PT & the Celebrex a chance and when I go back in 3 weeks if there is no improvement we will revisit & discuss the shots

I guess I will find out in PT which exact wrist & shoulder movements to avoid
I know it is something I do during the day because in the morning my shoulder feels ok it is the end of the day when it tightens up and hurts

Old 07-12-2011, 06:04 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Karla- I hope the Celebrex works for you. Are you supposed to get relief right away or does the medicine have to build up in your system?

Old 07-12-2011, 06:10 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
Good question Lisa
I don't know I will ask at PT and if they don't know I may call the pharmacy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals