Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 04:40 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,138,200 times

Advertisements

lol famous last words

The only thing on the schedule is I am taking my Sunday breakfast friend to "ortho doc" for her apt.
We use the same guy (she recommended him to us years ago)
Her hubby is golfing today and I knew she didn't want to go alone so I offered
Especially since they moved into the new offices and since I have been there 3 times I know where they are

I think we are going to have lunch afterwards

lol that is all I have planned
But one never knows

I do have to go out to find some big button down the front shirts for after surgery since I won't be able to get over the head ones on

Does anyone know if you can still buy tube tops anywhere ?

I don't see how I will be able to get a bra on and I don't want to let the girls go free

Whats going on in your neck of the woods today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 04:47 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,276,162 times
Good morning. I'm ticked. I got all dressed and ready to go on my walk and there's a big ol' cloud, throwing all sorts of lightning around. I will not go when it's lightning out there. I did go out and get the paper, put a card in the mailbox, and I saw some neat bolts off in the distance.

Karla, have fun today. Ooo....how about those "bubble" tops you see everywhere? I don't know how much support they'd give tho.

Loved your Hiroko story.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:52 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,138,200 times
Bubble tops ?

Yeah walking with lightening might be more of a aerobic work out that your looking for

Old 08-17-2011, 05:00 AM

Good one, Karla. Yeh, they're kind of like tube tops, only they're gathered up in these bubble-looking things. They're at all the flea markets and sometimes you find them in kiosks in the mall.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:33 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,415,796 times
No I don't think they make tube tops anymore, lol. Wow..now there's a blast from the past. Karla-How did you plan on getting a tube top on? Pull it up from your feet? If so....maybe you could look at the packages of Hanes exercise tops. The straps are thin and I'm pretty sure you could pull the whole thing up.

Pattie-Do you have a bubble top? I have seen those for years at the FL flea markets. They kind of remind me of the fake Flamingos. Same type of thing

Holy cow it was a crazy day yesterday. Hubby and I started out by cleaning out the Jeep and washing it. I think we finally got most of the cow poo off of it. It was gross. There is just no way to avoid the cow poo on our driveway. Those darned cows cross the drive while going and continue to walk I did 3 loads of laundry including blankets and hung it out. I did my hour on the treadmill and mowed the back yard. Then hubby and I painted both sides of the house. Lastly I gave the dog a bath and cleaned the house. And lastly I dyed my hair. Yeah it was a full day. And to top it off I couldn't sleep

Today it's off the the Farm Supply to pick up the driveway sealer I think we need about fifteen 5 gallon buckets to do the first part of the driveway I am not looking forward to that job.

Hey Karla want to switch. You brush the curbs for me and I'll do your demo

Have a great day.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:21 AM

Are you kidding me???? Of course I have a bubble top!
Spoiler
(But it's the one mother nature gave me!)

Well, I took a chance and walked. Only did 2 miles, but at least I got that much done. I think we're finally going to get those errands run this morning.

CYL

Old 08-17-2011, 01:11 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,227,693 times
Guess I am in left field, what in the world is a bubble top? I can't figure out anything that looks like a halter top and bubbles on top????

Hey all! Got up early and did some back to school shopping for the girls. Morgan got three jeans and 3 tops and Maddie two jeans and three tops. Next week it is shoes.......believe me it is much easier at this age than when they get in high school! I remember buying Nick shoes over 100.00 when he was a junior!

I walked with Max and that is as far as I have gotten today. I have the canning equipment and tomatoes, onions and peppers and am making salsa to can tomorrow. I think I have a good basic recipe and then I am also adding corn and black beans to another batch. Should be good.

Gotta get. Waiting on a phone call, a doctors office called, I had sent them a resume and I missed the first call so we are playing phone tag right now.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:41 PM

I have chips...did someone say salsa???

Sandy, those tops you see at the flea markets and sometimes at the mall that are tiny, tiny little things that look like bubblewrap made out of fabric and stretch out to fit "any" size. They're quite fugly.

Old 08-17-2011, 02:09 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,543,110 times
Karla, what about a strapless bra? You could fasten it up frontways, then turn it around the right way, and you'd be all set.

Today I did a ~25 minute cardio/strength training workout, the one I've been doing lately, but before that I got a phone call. Well first it rang and it was one of those unknown numbers, didn't see the phone with caller i.d. on it, and figured it was those stupid 'lowering your credit card rates' calls that I've been getting all the time-even tho they keep saying "this is your final call." Anyway, the machine came on, the recording went and I hear 'this is Billy, guess I'll try back later' and I flew out there and grabbed the phone but he was hanging up and didn't hear me.

I took a chance and sent an email saying CALL BACK and he did! So we talked for a while, it was just what I needed.

Now, it's time to find something to eat and all that fun stuff.

Karla, as far as like regifting those vases, the only people I give presents to are her and Billy. Of course, she is almost 87, so...it might work!

Old 08-17-2011, 02:32 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,250,956 times
Hey peeps!

Of course they still make tube tops. You can get them at Wal Mart (where else?).

I have just gotten up from my post work nap. Getting ready to head out with Shadow to hunt moles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals