Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2011, 03:10 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times

Advertisements

Morning all! Could not fall back asleep after the alarm went off for hubby so I am up and waiting till 6ish for my walk, coffee is hot and strong!

We are finishing up the fall festival this weekend in Rockford, it is the third weekend and I have yet to make it up there so today Kim, Jesse, Natalie, Austin, and I are going to have some fun. They have Zelda, she is a strange cross between a zebra and a horse, real funny looking, and all sorts of fun stuff for the children to do today. Kids are going to bring their costumes and trick or treat for a bit, I think that is about 2 hours long. Should be fun, not sure if Grandpa will want to come but I bet if little Miss Natalie bats her eyes just right he will.

Pattie when is Karla coming back?

Have a good day all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 05:14 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Good morning! Off to the coffee social in a few. DH is taking his walk.

Sandy, your day sounds cool. Isn't it funny how GD's can just wrap their grampas right around those tiny little fingers??? It's a good thing. I still miss mine and he's been gone since '68.

I have no idea when Karla returns. I know the cruise was for a week, so I'm thinking maybe tomorrow??? It'll be good to have her back.

Old 10-08-2011, 05:21 AM

Lol, these kids know what to do ALL 4 of them. Austin just has to smile and the girls just have to look. He is mush

Walk done I only went for a mile this morning, I dressed a little too warm and was getting hot Supposed to be in the 80's today and nice all next week too, we are going to suffer this winter for this extended summer type weather!

Old 10-08-2011, 08:32 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Morning peeps!

Harvest Fest sounds like fun! This weekend is our Mississeniwa 1812 festival. It is a re-enactment of a key battle fought during the war of 1812. It is pretty interesting to see. All of the participants are in character the entire time, so the soldiers sleep in tents and the Indians live in teepees and everyone cooks over an open fire. They even set up a mock village and you can see them make furniture by hand, tan hides & make leather goods, and all manner of other things. I wanted to go, but it is Ball State's Homecoming today and everyone has headed down to Muncie to tailgate. They will all be too hung over tomorrow.....

Shadow, Mickey, Buzz, TT and I have been for a nice walk along the soybeans this morning. We ran into the landlord out in the back, with a couple of his cronies. They are building a new cover for the well pump. They really are cute little old men.

On my list for today: finally setting up the guest room. If you recall, this house was full of stuff when I moved in. Most of the stuff is out of the room I want to use, and I volunteered to finish cleaning that room out. My nice memory foam mattress has been in the garage all this time. So, that will be my fun for the day.

I am hoping to ride my horse at some point.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:28 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Sounds like a great day, Evey. Enjoy!

Old 10-08-2011, 03:48 PM

Well girls I am plum tuckered out! We walked and walked and got more and more candy. Then once we were done with the circle block we got the kids out of costume (too hot for those things on today), went to visit with Zelda, she sure is a beauty and good natured Face painting, Corner Bar (best chili dogs ever there) and then made a scarecrow for Kim and Jesse's yard. Big scarecrow with all the fixings for a 7.00 donation to the Rotary Club. It was an excellent deal and if I do say so myself we had quite the scary guy when we left (Natalie found a Christmas blouse that he had to have)!

Evey I would love to see that type of thing as you are having this weekend, sounds like fun. Our Rockford High is homecoming weekend also, when we left the Corner Bar we saw all sorts of kids walking around the area in dress clothes, either eating out or having pictures taken at the park by the river.

Bob worked more overtime today, they have a job that has to go out on Monday, and he has to work tomorrow. Whew by the time he was done today he had 64 hours in! I could not deal with that, needless to say he did not even give Natalie the time to bat an eye at him he went to bed and is still there! I am quite sure he will be overdue for PT on Monday.

Have a good night!

Old 10-08-2011, 03:57 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Sounds like fun times for all of you

Hubby took me to the yard sales today. I got a pair of Levi's and 2 books for $2.00. After that we stopped to pick up more electric fence equipment...then we came home and did the second section of fencing. It's done.

Talked with the cow people for a couple of hours and now it;s time for dinner. Lasagna for hubby and an omelet for me. Have a great night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals