Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 04:46 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Morning ladies

Well yay I am almost done with catch up
I got all the deposits for work entered
I still have invoices to enter and oops I forgot my DL expired while I was away and they have this new ID rule here in FL so I have to go in person after PT with my passport SS card and 2 things to prove my address (i'm taking my mortgage statement & the ele bill)

lol I am hoping I don't have to take the eye test and of course because a new picture will be taken I have to do the hair & make-up thing

Not sure what other exciting thing are on the books for today

What are you all up to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 05:12 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Morning!

I'm done with my walk and Max just got up! Lol he stood in front of the closet that has his leash in it and hung his head when I told him I had already gone!

That is quite a lot to have to do on your second day home Karla! Laundry alone takes me two days and I did not go on a cruise. You reminded me that I still have to get my MI license, heck my NC one is still valid until 2012

We have a job fair here in downtown GR so I guess my mid morning and early afternoon will be spent there. 120 employeers, hummm wonder how many jobs they all have tho.

Have a good day all. BBL.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:03 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Good morning ladies!! It is a rainy dreary day here. I guess I will be stuck inside

Karla- Uh oh....what's the new FL ID deal? I am still a resident of FL since we have a house there for the winter.

How was pt yesterday? Are you improving?

Well at least one good thing came from your pain..the weight loss. I know it stinks but at least you got that. Of course no snacking always helps.

Sandy-Good morning.

Connie-Thanks for thinking of me. My GS is going to be 14 this year and I found a $5.00 off coupon

We had a really good time with AJ last night. He suggested we go to one of the Italian restaurants for pizza which turned out to be closed on Mondays. So, as planned, we went to Chili's. The waiter was great and the food was better than I expected. The boys had burgers and I had vegetarian soft tacos with black beans and rice. It was really good...and I have lunch for two days Then we gave him two games and some money. He was really excited because I got the games from his "Christmas" list and not his "Birthday" list. I guess his x-mas list had better stuff on it, lol.

Looks like I will be taking a slow day and organizing after I do the treadmill. That's about all that's on the list. Thankfully I have some good books to ready. Anyone ever read Susan Mallery? She is one of my "light" readers when I need a break form the psychotic serial killer books

Old 10-11-2011, 06:09 AM

Never heard of her Lisa, what type of story does she write. My next book is a Coulter "Savich" book, Point Blank.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:16 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
GOod morning!

No walk this a.m. - it's been raining.

Trying to get DH up to fix that mailbox.

Karla, sorry to hear your arm's been bothering you. It's amazing what even just a little "time off" will do to reverse your progress, isn't it?

Oh, Lisa, the new rules for getting your license renewed are nuts! If I'm not mistaken, the next time I go, I'll need to bring: my birth certificate, proof of my first marriage/name change, proof of 2nd marriage/name change, proof of address. Gawd only knows what else. Mine doesn't expire for a bit yet.

Thanks for the book tip, too. We have some Susan Mallery, I'll have to give her a try. Sounds like you and I could feed each other books. I get into the serial killer true crime things too. DH worries about his safety sometimes!

Have fun at the job fair, Sandy.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
Never heard of her Lisa, what type of story does she write. My next book is a Coulter "Savich" book, Point Blank.
The Susan Mallery books are romance but the characters are usually pretty funny. The first series I read was about a big close family. One of the grandmother's was Italian and one Irish. They were quite entertaining. Anyway, they are meant for light fun reading.

Amazon.com: susan mallery, Paperback Romance Books

The Buchanon series is about food and restaurant owners

Enjoy your Savich book. I love those...too bad I can't remember the details of them anymore, lol.

Pattie-Ugh!! the new rules sound like a nightmare. Really it sounds like they are fishing and filing more info then they need. Prior marriages and name changes? No way...they don't need that for anything.

Ha, ha...my hubby doesn't worry about his safety as much as he worries about my mind, lol.

Here are some authors that I like:
Allison Brennan
Beverly Barton
Lisa Jackson
Lisa Gardner
Sandra Brown
Catherine Coulter
Suzanne Brockman

You get the drift

Old 10-11-2011, 07:02 AM

Lisa try Dorthia (sp) Benton Frank, she is funny too. I first read her books when we moved to NC, I would float around in the pool and laugh, I think the neighbors thought I was "touched".

Pattie makes one question how much "homeland security" has to do with DMV. My daughter never changed her name on SS when she got married, and when her license was up she had a he## of a time with renewing it. They made her go from SS to doctor's office (to have them document she was indeed who she is), would not take a birth certificate and proof of mailing address.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:19 AM

Sandy-I cried the other night while reading a book, lol. Hubby teases me...books can make me laugh or cry.

Ooh...don't get me started on Homeland Security and job creation...they are stock piling too much info on us

Old 10-11-2011, 02:33 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
I didn't see Janet Evanovich on any lists, she's a great writer in my opinion. Funny, and she tells a good story every time.

Today I did this dang jillian michaels workout, Level 2--and it kicked my behind big time! Wow.

Just finished, time to go hop in the shower.

Found out the roofers are coming a day early--he called and asked if it was okay because of the forecast. I said, yeah but try to keep the noise level down, I don't get up early...well, I thought it anyway!

Have a good day all.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:28 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
Connie I love reading Janet Evanovich !!

Lisa here is a link that tells you what ID you need

Florida Drivers License Identification Requirements

I took my passport because with that you don't need the marriage license to prove name change

I was glad they didn't open the ele bill or mortgage statement I don't like my business known

I passed the eye test without my glasses but whew it was close I read the first 2 sets of 4 letters on the left with no problem lol then she said there are 2 sets on the right
had to do a bit of squinting but finally read them
I wear my glasses while driving but I don't want the "L" on my license

Shoulder was really tight during PT a couple of the stretches she did brought tears to my eyes
then yesterday afternoon we had to stake up the 2 cassia bushes/trees so I am sure that didn't help and was probably why I had a lot of pain last night
But as she keeps saying 2 more months and the pain should start ending
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals