Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 05:55 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Morning ladies
Yikes it is 31 with a windchill of 27
No wonder the heat has been kicking on and off since I got up which btw was only 30 mins ago
Hubby who has been up since 5 headed out to the garage lol he came back in to put on a long-sleeve top seems it is a tad chilly (50) in the garage
I guess the insulation project we did this summer worked or it would be even colder

OK I just looked down to slide my desk chair closer(ralphie) lays under there so I have to make sure I don't roll over him and found lola under there too

The only time she goes under there is if something scares her so I am going to go see if any of the smoke detector batteries are beeping

So I am typing while leaning to reach the desk

Not sure what we are doing today I do know hubby is going to put the tree in the attic lol I finally got it undecorated yesterday afternoon

I wish we were going to the boat show with Connie
How fun would it be to have a boat !!I bet even more fun than the chainsaw !!

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2012, 05:59 AM

p.s. I was wondering
Yesterday I kinda went off my diet and this morning I feel blah and my tummy feels sluggish
Has this happened to any of you ladies when you haven't had "junky food" in awhile and then you indulge?

Old 01-14-2012, 06:11 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Yeppers Karla it happened to me at Christmas with all of the rich cookies we had. It also happens when I feel the urge to have a donut, tummy has no idea what hit it! Watch out because with me it is sweets I crave, once I get myself to a point that I am off them it is easy but if I break my diet and have something sweet I go through the withdrawls all over again.

Well we did not have the storm of the century, or even the year but it did get quite icky out there. We have about 8 inches that we have gotten since Thursday night, it is still snowing out but the weather guys said it will stop today. Got quite icky Thursday night late and Bob said the driving on Friday was quite tricky, glad I made the decision to stay at Kim's.

If it quits snowing this morning I am going to venture out with my camera for a walk, everything is plowed here so I don't expect to have problems walking although the streets still are slippery so we will see if I can get around the little lake today without falling!

Pattie I saw you asking about Evey, she is posting on facebook (I think it was yesterday or Thursday). I think she is just busy with the horses, critters, and work

Connie have fun!

Old 01-14-2012, 07:24 AM

8" of snow !! Holy Moly

Old 01-14-2012, 07:58 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Lol Karla it is like a winter wonderland out there My walk was about 1/2 mile, it is too slippery to do much in the way of walking back here! I did get some nice pictures of the trees with beautiful snow on them, look nice today but give it a few days and dirt will be all over the place.

I put Macie outside this morning without putting her in her kennel and she was going to make a run for it to tease me, lol I wish you all could have seen her little face when she sunk in the snow, she jumped out and made a beeline for the corner where snow had not fallen. Macie = 0, Grandma = 1. BTW Macie weighs all of 7 lbs She can walk on snow if it is hard but this stuff is soft.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:09 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,548,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwaK View Post
Morning ladies
Yikes it is 31 with a windchill of 27
No wonder the heat has been kicking on and off since I got up which btw was only 30 mins ago
Hubby who has been up since 5 headed out to the garage lol he came back in to put on a long-sleeve top seems it is a tad chilly (50) in the garage
I guess the insulation project we did this summer worked or it would be even colder

OK I just looked down to slide my desk chair closer(ralphie) lays under there so I have to make sure I don't roll over him and found lola under there too

The only time she goes under there is if something scares her so I am going to go see if any of the smoke detector batteries are beeping

So I am typing while leaning to reach the desk

Not sure what we are doing today I do know hubby is going to put the tree in the attic lol I finally got it undecorated yesterday afternoon

I wish we were going to the boat show with Connie
How fun would it be to have a boat !!I bet even more fun than the chainsaw !!

What are you all up to today ?
I haven't planned out the whole day yet, but I have a couple "must do's" on my list. I don't generally plan ahead much, that's just who I am.

The must do's are:

1- Go to my Dad's house and drop off some cash that I got for him from his ATM a few days ago. (he's in a wheelchair with a caregiver and the lawn-man is supposed to come out today). When I go over there, I have to MAKE SURE to enter the withdrawal in his checkbook or I will have to hear big sister griping about it! And I have to sort his medications into his pill box for the week.

2- Go to the park and do some walking and exercise - I have only gone walking once this week and have only done Yoga once this month. I got a job on Monday, so I won't be able to go to my morning Yoga class anymore. I am going to have to figure out a new way to fit my exercise (and yog) into my new schedule.

3- Make my car payment online.

4- Do some laundry

ugh let me stop there before I tire myself out! Hopefully I can squeeze in some R&R later in the day.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:13 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Absolutely, Karla. Your tummy gets used to certain things and when you throw in something different, it lets you know!

Sandy, thanks for the Evey update.

looking4answers...congrats on the new job!

Being the weekend, no walk here. Len's leg is still bothering him, so even he didn't walk today. And it's cold here...cold for us, anyway. Mid 50's right now. I'm in trousers, a turtle neck and a cardigan and I'm frozen solid. In fact, I'm going to turn up the heat right now! A good day for pot roast.

Have a great day, all.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:07 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,548,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Absolutely, Karla. Your tummy gets used to certain things and when you throw in something different, it lets you know!

Sandy, thanks for the Evey update.

looking4answers...congrats on the new job!

Being the weekend, no walk here. Len's leg is still bothering him, so even he didn't walk today. And it's cold here...cold for us, anyway. Mid 50's right now. I'm in trousers, a turtle neck and a cardigan and I'm frozen solid. In fact, I'm going to turn up the heat right now! A good day for pot roast.

Have a great day, all.

Mid 50's cold for you? You must be another Florida girl?

Old 01-14-2012, 03:26 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Well, I started out as a NY girl (Northern NY, not NYC) but moved down here 4- 1/2 years ago. It didn't take me long to acclimate, let me tell you! You can always tell the year-rounders from the snowbirds by the way they're dressed on a day like today, can't you?

So...where are you in Florida? We're in N. Ft. Myers.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:30 PM

evening ladies

Congrats on the job looking4 !!

Hubby and I did some running around I found a cabinet base I like for the master bathroom I can add a solid surface top
We stopped at the grocery store and I got a shoulder roast
I am going to put it in the crockpot when I get up tomorrow morning
I got beef stock
So what else do I need(other than onions ) I read somewhere that if you add a tablespoon of tomato paste it adds richness I picked up a tube of the stuff
Do I cover the roast with the broth or halfway up ?
Relaxed this afternoon
But did do some baking
I made chocolate chip sugar cookies and brownies
I need to find a home for some of them

I can tell it is getting colder out because the heat keeps kicking on and my nose is cold

We are watching the game I think we will probably go to bed before it is over because it didn't start till 8 so going to go late
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals