Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 05:09 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times

Advertisements

To get the final stuff done for the fundraiser tomorrow night
Heading out around 9 (lol dragging my friend along)to go down to the extension office to get the tables set in place - this will count for upper body work out and the table cloths on them then stopping to pick up the last few donations. One is some certificates for massages so I figured as long as I was there I might as well treat myself to a massage
As of last night we were at about 130 things and we have about 160 tickets sold !!!!

I hope everyone that has been under the weather is feeling better
It is going to be 81 here today so I will send some of our warm sunny weather to help you feel better

whats going to have you "running today"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 05:24 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,046,835 times
I'm "running" over to our neurophysiology research center today and Monday for MRI, EEG and other studies of my brain!

OK - nobody panic. I am a volunteer in a "healthy volunteer pool", a control group for studies in areas like Schizoprenia, Alzheimers, Dementia, etc. They do studies with patients and healthy volunteers and compare the results, hopefully to design treatment protocals and pharmaceuticals for those with the diseases above. Each time I go in for these studies, I get paid for the day, in cash, and also get lunch. If an EEG is involved, I have to wear a special cap with 168 electrodes and lots of gel and goop to make the electrodes work, so on those days, I get my hair washed and shampooed also! Not a bad deal for a few hours of "work".

Karla, you've worked so hard to make this event a success. I hope it exceeds your expectation in every way!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Charley

Old 03-28-2008, 05:26 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,618 times
Good morning!
Am I the only person that has never had a massage??
One more day Karla... I hope everything goes well and it is a huge success!
*sighs* It is snowing here and will be for most of the day... I am boycotting snow and refusing to go anywhere until it stops... so no running around for me today.
If it stops by this afternoon I will go to the gym later for the usual.
Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 03-28-2008, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb71 View Post
Good morning! Am I the only person that has never had a massage?? One more day Karla... I hope everything goes well and it is a huge success! *sighs* It is snowing here and will be for most of the day... I am boycotting snow and refusing to go anywhere until it stops... so no running around for me today. If it stops by this afternoon I will go to the gym later for the usual. Hope everyone has a great day!
Aside from any back massages from my wife, I've never "paid for" a massage. I wonder if Elliot Spitzer could say that.

I support your boycott. NO MORE SNOW! The first Met game is on Monday. That makes it spring! Winter has ended.

Charley

Old 03-28-2008, 05:33 AM

tlb
I drug out the big fan to send some of our 80 degrees up to you

Old 03-28-2008, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
I'm "running" over to our neurophysiology research center today and Monday for MRI, EEG and other studies of my brain!

OK - nobody panic. I am a volunteer in a "healthy volunteer pool", a control group for studies in areas like Schizoprenia, Alzheimers, Dementia, etc. They do studies with patients and healthy volunteers and compare the results, hopefully to design treatment protocals and pharmaceuticals for those with the diseases above. Each time I go in for these studies, I get paid for the day, in cash, and also get lunch. If an EEG is involved, I have to wear a special cap with 168 electrodes and lots of gel and goop to make the electrodes work, so on those days, I get my hair washed and shampooed also! Not a bad deal for a few hours of "work".
well now that sounds kinda cool, i would do that but hmmm wonder which group they would put me in

Last edited by FLPL75; 03-28-2008 at 06:17 AM..

Old 03-28-2008, 05:37 AM

thank you both for the encouragement that the event is going to go well.

tlb the best massages are when you get them to come to your house because you are sooooo relaxed it is nice not to have to be able to collapse on the sofa and not have to drive home

with the stress your under this maybe the best present you can give yourself

Old 03-28-2008, 06:05 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,618 times
LOL @ the fan... do you think I could borrow it to blow the snow out to sea?
Charley, do you get to keep the results for your own medical records? Maybe if we get enough people to boycott Mother Nature will give in. We were supposed to have a showing today, but they rescheduled because of the weather... hopefully they will keep Monday's appt. and buy this house already!
About the massages... I'm pretty modest, so I think I would have a hard time having a stranger touching me... I know it is silly and I am positive I could use one... just have been reluctant to get one.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb71 View Post
Charley, do you get to keep the results for your own medical records?
No, because it isn't about me. The only impact for me would be that if they saw something troubling, they would advise me to seek medical assistance.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
well now that sound kinda cool, i would do that but hmmm wonder which group they would put me in
If they ever start studying CD addiction, we'd ALL end up in the subject group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals