Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2008, 04:51 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
From listening to the news I have a feeling that my exercise today will be standing in line at the "polling place"

But standing in line can be fun if the folks around you are friendly folks that like to chat (as long as it is not about politics)

Hey wouldn't it be too funny if we got all those waiting in line to do exercises
We can do deep knee bends and squats and jumping jacks

Hey lol I think I just got an idea for one of the todays ?'s

So on this Election Day I elect to

Make a promise to all here to get back into my exercise routine
I have not been setting a very good example lately

So what are your plans for today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 04:59 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
Well I can't vote since I'm only a legal alien, but I did accompany the hubster to the polling station yesterday. Only took 10 minutes or so. I saw a lady on the news this morning doing her stretches while in line to vote ... talk about commitment!

Well, I'll be heading out for a long walk this morning. The hubster said he'd come with me. It'll be nice to have someone to chitchat with. I really need to get stuff done around here that I've been putting off ... then I can come back and say "woohoo ... done!"

Welcome NWV!

Old 11-04-2008, 05:46 AM

morning tet
it is easier to walk when you have someone to chat with

mr karla keeps saying he will start walking with me in the mornings because I can't get motivated to do it by myself
Still waiting for that to happen

so see lol my exercise in line idea isn't that wacky !!!

Old 11-04-2008, 06:45 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Welcome, NWV. WE'll take good care ofyou.

Well, I've exercised my right to vote and did my first PT homework of the day. Our polls opened at 7, so we got there at 10 minutes to 7. It took us exactly one hour from the time they opened the doors, which I didn't think was too bad. NN asked us the other day if we'd take her. I swear to gawd that woman brushed her teeth with garlic powder this morning. Oh, it was awful standing next to her all that time. Oh, well.

Have a great day, all.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:06 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
OMG Pattie! Garlic powder! ROFLMAO!

Shadow & I have taken the big walk this morning. You will all be happy to know that there are no mousies plaguing the farm this morning.

I am already tired and I have a full day of painting ahead of me. I am done priming the 3 rooms I have been working on and actually did the cut in work yesterday in the breakfast nook. Today I paint the nook and the kitchen. I picked the palest ever spearmint green and from what I can tell is going to make the room very bright.

I am supposed to have my internet hooked up today at the house, but I have not gotten the set up disk yet so who knows. Hopefully I will be able to post some pics here in the next few days (and be able to rep again!).

O.K., off to ruin another shirt......

Old 11-04-2008, 07:42 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Am sitting at work. Hoping to work out this evening.
Got sick this weekend and couldn't go play golf like I wanted to.
I think I'm anxious about the election!

Old 11-04-2008, 08:16 AM

Hey all
Back from voting I was surprised there was no line at all
they said between 7 & 9 it was really crowded though

evey I think you need to keep wearing the same shirt so it can "acquire" all the different colors you use not only will you have a interesting item to frame but you will have samples of the colors in the future should you need them

omg pattie ewwwwww I recently stood next to someone who smelled like they ate enough green onions to last a lifetime I actually had to leave and go stand further back in line

Ran into a sales person recently who ate god know what but it was painful

hope your feeling better stan

Old 11-04-2008, 11:48 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
Hi all,
I'm getting ready to go vote. I'm still wishing we could have an animal for president like smokey bear or like stan wants her dog.
If dogs ruled America, just think of what a laid back and peaceful place we would all live.
Hope you feel better Stan. I'm not much of a political person but the election has me anxious as well.
NWV, welcome. We will give you all the encouragement you need.
Karla, it is more fun walking with someone else.
Evey, you're working so hard.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:52 AM

9,724 posts, read 14,266,863 times
Hello, Everybody!

Well, I worked at the polls all morning, voted, then walked the messy nature trail in a slight drizzle. That's it for my exercise.

Appointments are set, and waiting, so I'm on the road again!
Have a great day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals