Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 03:45 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

Whew the wind is a blowing they say 25 mph and it is 69 degrees lol the wind has the tree branches blowing so much they are triggering the new motions light system. I keep thinking someone is out in the backyard

There is a storm to the west of us and it looks like the red & orange nasty part should arrive just as I am going over to let chaos out on my way to school.

lol yay we get to play "try to get aunt Karla's umbrella" he finds them very interesting

For some strange reason I am very sore this morning I am not sure if it is from dragging things all over the yard or the mega play session with chaos
I feel as if I had a major session at the gym.

This afternoons activities will depend on if the weather has cleared up by the time I get home from school .

So what are your plans for the day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 07:24 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
DH and I are a bit stiff too...me from the weights, him from his planting and stuff. So we skipped the gym, but we did about 3 miles in 45 minutes around the community. It's amazing what you can see when you're walking.

It's official. There's now a for sale sign on NN's house! The saleslady came by yesterday and told the guy who's her next door neighbor on the other side that he had to clean the house! Would you believe this woman left food in the refrigerator?? Unbelievable. When Doug told her what the saleslady said, she was actually offended! I guess there are beer cans all over the place from the son's visits and, oh yeh....her dog had fleas, so now her house does too!

Have a great day. Gotta run. the wash machine just "sang" to me!

Old 02-19-2009, 08:03 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Morning peeps!

Add me to the list of stiff people. I rode my horse Tuesday for the first time since right before Thanksgiving. I could barely walk yesterday and am still having some trouble today. I am hoping to show in the spring so I need to ride, but yikes am I out of shape for riding.

It was warm yesterday, but I got up to 10 degrees, stiff winds, and some snow on the ground this morning. Shadow of course is absolutely wild and wanted to see every house in the neighborhood from both the front & the back.

I need to get back to the wall paper stripping. The stuff is coming off in 1/4 inch strips and is taking forever. Grrrrrrr! I hate projects like that.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:14 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,673 times
Another stiff one here, bar tender! I pulled my shoulder shovelling yesterday, and this morning it was really sore. Still went to the gym but only did the lower part of the body.

I hope our CD friends in AL and GA are ok. Some of those storms were pretty brutal.

Glad to hear Smon is doing ok, Evey.

Pattie, it doesn't surprise me one bit that your NN left the house in a mess. Some people just don't care. I know somewhere along the line I missed why your NN moved ... care to do a short recap?

Old 02-19-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post

Simon thanks you for the support! He is now off of all meds and is getting a full flake of hay every 4 hours.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Another stiff one here, bar tender! I pulled my shoulder shovelling yesterday, and this morning it was really sore. Still went to the gym but only did the lower part of the body.

I hope our CD friends in AL and GA are ok. Some of those storms were pretty brutal.

Pattie, it doesn't surprise me one bit that your NN left the house in a mess. Some people just don't care. I know somewhere along the line I missed why your NN moved ... care to do a short recap?
Sure, no problem.

She's in her late 70's, has very bad macular degeneration and can hardly see, plus I think she's showing signs of alzheimers. Her son had been talking to her for years to get her to move to W. Palm Beach where he is so he wouldn't have to drive over her on his days off to pay her bills, etc. Finally, he and I had a long talk a few months ago, and he decided she couldn't stay this far away by herself any more. We were talking to her neighbor on the other side a few minutes ago. She never put in a change of address form (she says her son did a month ago), so the postal carrier asked my hubby and the neighbor what was going on. When the neighbor told her that the realtor said she needed to clean the house, she didn't understand why, thought it was fine. The woman is a real piece of work, I'll tell you.

I hope your shoulder feels better. Please, don't damage your rotator cuff. I do NOT recommend it!

Old 02-19-2009, 01:08 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
My snowbird neighbor hurt her rotator cuff too, and they want to operate, but she wants to try to stick with therapy.

Today my son called me and we 'talked' for about 20 minutes-not a really good conneciton by any means, but that's okay, I got to hear his voice and tell him I love him! This was My Good News Day news!

Then, I did a cardio interval workout and an arms workout, which was totally anti-climactic.

Oh, and add my dH to the list of people who overslept yesterday-how odd is that?

Old 02-19-2009, 01:47 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Hey all I not only walked a mile at lunch, but tonight it just may be nice enough to walk Cassy too! As mentioned, we did not have a walking night last night but it sure was warm!
Interview is all over here at work, there are two open positions and they have been interviewing since 9am, sigh we will see.
Have a good night all!

Old 02-19-2009, 03:34 PM

Best of luck, Cassy.

fuzzy, glad to hear you were able to talk to DS. That must have been so special.

Karla, you won't believe it. I should have called you from Lowe's this afternoon. Another $100 spent on more plants for the front yard. This morning, he ripped out all the Ixora - well, most of them - and the old rose bush that really had seen better days. He put in the 2nd rose bush where the 1st one had been after fighting all sorts of rocks and stuff. I don't know where he's going to put all this stuff, I tell ya. You really should come down and check this out. We can barely fit the cart in the garage for all the topsoil and mulch bags! Oh, and it's a good thing we got the "certified" mulch. The neighbor came by with his beagle and she just chewed and chewed and chewed on that mulch. Must be good stuff!

Old 02-19-2009, 03:44 PM

LOL Pattie! I am not allowed in the garden department without a responsible adult.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals