Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 05:05 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times

Advertisements

Morning all
Really rushing found out this morning that the power went out in the garage and the freezer completely defrosted

The steaks only felt cool so looks like everything is going to have to be tosses

I have to leave in 10 mins to meet our friends for breakfast so more when I get back I just wanted to make sure the thread got started
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 05:49 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Oh, no, Karla! What a mess. Sorry to hear that. DH keeps bugging me to get a freezer, but I have nightmares about that sort of thing.

He's on his way to B&N. I'm doing my usual Sunday thing - waterthe pots, throw in laundry (no hanging it out today, tho...the garage has too much stuff in the way - hubby's "cleaning" it out!), some housework. I'm adding ironing for my trip to the list and I have to go to a couple's house today to check out their refaced cabinets. I really don't want to, but they were so nice last night, insisting I come check them out. I'm 99% sure we're going for totally new ones. Would you believe I've never had new cupboards? Amazing. We figure we're living here the rest of our lives, why settle for 2nd best? I'm so overwhelmed right now with all the choices. And, of course, I want all the bells and whistles, but I'll have to cut back some on some of it. One thing I'm going to fight for, tho, is a cupboard that will have pullout drawers for my pans and covers.

No exercise today. It's a sauna out there.

Have a great day, all. Karla, maybe you could have a HUGE BBQ and invite all your CD friends over.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:52 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,240,440 times
Morning peeps!

Dang Karla, been there & done that! At least you found it before it got really stinky & gross like the last time I had a freezer go out.

I woke up this morning to my A/C blowing warm air. Can anyone tell me why these things never happen on a weekday? I had the unit repaired 10 days ago and it was working perfectly until sometime over night. At least it is only supposed to be 88 here today.

Shadow & I have been for a short walk this morning. I will get the grass cut before it gets any hotter, then plop on the couch to watch the race.

DH is heading to Michigan this morning to see his father. Then I think he is heading to FL tomorrow.......

Old 06-21-2009, 07:07 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,224,833 times
Dang Evey that man spends more time on the road than a big rig driver
Sorry for the loss Karla, does your insurance cover that........check into it, cuz that can/is expensive.
Been to the gym and Cassy and I just got back from our walk so I am good to go with cleaning and a little pool time today, toss in the laundry too.
Got my hummingbird feeder hung, but still need to water the plants. I am going to replace two plants I have in the planter, they are dying and look horrible. I think I need to put more potting soil in the planter, I ran out of it while fixing the planter.
Wishing all a wonderful day.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
Dang Evey that man spends more time on the road than a big rig driver
*snorts* And he will tell you that he hates to drive.....

Old 06-21-2009, 09:43 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,345,786 times
Happy Solstice everyone...

Karla, hope you didn't have alot in your freezer at the time.
Evey, so are you moving back to Fla.?

Exercise done with for today. Ramp it up seems to be improving for me this week so I'm happy and surprised at that.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Evey, so are you moving back to Fla.?
It looks that way. Not to the same area where we have always been, but it is only a 2 hour drive to his mother's house.

Fortunately I paid $20K for this house, so I know I can sell it pretty fast. If I am going to sell it needs to happen fast. I hate that "house on the market" lifestyle. Anything over $30K is profit. 2 houses here in my neighborhood just went under contract, one for $65K (smaller house with less bedrooms/bathrooms just 2 doors up from me) and $89K (larger house with more bedrooms/bathrooms). Agent comes Tuesday late afternoon to do CMA.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:28 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times
Hey all
well back from breakfast and the lawn is mowed/edged/ W/W

I am very very glowing right now the heat index is 103 yikes

lol when I went back over to chaos's house to feed him ( I let him out to go potty on our way to breakfast) I wrote a happy dad's day sign hung it on the fridge made him sit under it (lol that was interesting) took a picture on my cell and sent it to his dad as if if doesn't think I am crazy enough all ready !!!

pattie I agree with the new cabinets I bet there really isn't much of a difference and if you compare lowes to Home Depot one will beat the other !!

cassy I thought about the insurance but then remembered they had to give me almost $20k for the hail damage to the cars and house so lol I am not sure if I want to "push" my luck

song we figured there ia about $200 worth of meat lost

Hubby said he is going to have his electrician friend but in a separate dedicated outlet just for the freezer so this won't happen again . The outlet it is in is tied to a GFI to the outside outlets we think maybe when they were here pressure washing some of the water got into on outlet and it triggered it off for safety reasons

evey I bet with all the work you have done it wil sell real fast
lol instead of thinking your only 2 hours from your MIL remember your only 2 hours from me !!!!

ok let me go out and see how the screenroom shadecoth project is coming rofl I just bet hubby really really needs my shiny face popping out there

Old 06-21-2009, 10:42 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,536,965 times
He has sisters, right? Are lawn mowers too complicated for them? They too fat? Too frail and delicate? That sucks for you. Heck you have an apartment on the property, move her in. She must be some piece of work. Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
He has sisters, right? Are lawn mowers too complicated for them? They too fat? Too frail and delicate? That sucks for you. Heck you have an apartment on the property, move her in. She must be some piece of work. Sorry, had to get that off my chest.
LOL! He does have one sister who lives in Michigan. I love the thought of my MIL and all of the stuff in her 2800 sf house crammed into the 288 sf apartment!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals