Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 05:06 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

and I am in charge of bringing the shredded coconut

We are using a coconut as a hands on way to explain the seed process
Last year when we did this quite a few of the kids had never seen a real coconut. As entertaining as it would be to try and crack the thing in class I do have a BA hammer they will have to settle for the shredded stuff. Yup the teachers are gonna love us for getting the kids all wild on sugar then leaving

OMG speaking of coconut have any of you tried the new "coconut" M&M's !!!!

I will be home from school around noon then will get my exercise in before heading downtown for a 4:30 fundraising meeting
I will leave a little early so I can drop 4 bags of clothes off at the City Rescue Mission which is down the street from the extension office.

Oh I finally found fitv I am going to record some of the fun looking ones to try

So what stuff is on your list for today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 06:07 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Hi, guys.

OMG, I can barely type. DH and I took a LONG walk this a.m. Just got back. He's in the shower, I'm on my way soon. We did pretty close to 4 miles today. That's a lot for us, especially since we'd taken about 10 days off.

Going into town today. I really really really need a haircut. Here's the good one. You're all going to laugh at this. We pre-paid our funerals and bought a "niche" in which to inter our ashes for when The Big Day comes. Well, Ft. Myers Memorial Gardens called yesterday. The plaque for our niche is installed. They want us to come by and look at it. Hmmmm. Not sure if I really am ready to see my name on a niche yet. We may go, we may not. We'll see.

I'm sure there are some other places we want to go - Hubster will more than likely want to stop into Costco.

I'll check in later. Karla.....as far as I'm concerned, you can have my share of coconut M&M's. Hey, what are friends for, huH?

Old 01-19-2010, 08:25 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Morning peeps!

Shadow & I have been for a nice long walk this morning. Later we will hit the dog park. After that I know once little black dog who is getting a bath!

Got some laundry going. I am getting ready to go to the grocery store. On my way I will stop at the place we had dinner the other night to see if the found DH's glasses. He was afraid to tell me he couldn't find them. Grrrrr! $500 for a pair of glasses and you lose them?

Old 01-19-2010, 01:20 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Wow Evey! Put a reward out for them glasses!
No Karla I have not seen the coconut M&M's I will have to look. Sounds good although I am sure my doctor would say that I do not need to partake in such items:~(
Patti if I were you I would skip on the viewing of the place, leave it to your imagination (or forget it entirely!). The later would be my preference.
I walked for 30 minutes at lunch so I think the exercise room will be missing me tonight. There was no one to have lunch with today so I figured I would walk and then eat. Worked out good.
Hope all have a great day:~)

Old 01-19-2010, 01:47 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
I did the 6 round slimdown today, it's a good one!

I haven't seen coconut m&ms either, but that's something I could buy and not worry about dh wolfing down. He hates coconut.

I hope someone found the glasses, Evey. I cringe when it's time for dh to get new ones.

Pattie, I would go, just to make sure your name is spelled right. Don't wanna be like Elvis!

Old 01-19-2010, 04:33 PM

Evey, I hope those glasses turn up. I don't blame him for being afraid!

Sandy and Fuzzy, I think that's why they want us to check out the plaque to make sure everything's ok. I do spell my name in a fairly unusual manner and I wanted Pattie on there, NOT Patricia (I'm definitely not that stuffy!), so we will check it out, probably tomorrow.

Not much went right today. We took off, headed down Rt. 41 towards Ft. Myers. To get there, you have to cross the Caloosahatchie River (forgive me if I misspelled that). Well, we got almost to the bridge itself and saw that traffic was backed up all the way across the stupid bridge. Of course, by then, we were past the last turn-around so we were committed no matter what. It took us 20 min. to cross vs. the usual 5. OK. And, of course, you get the idiots who see the "left lane closed" signs and still race past you, only to try to get into the line. I hate that. DH had just said that one tire felt a little soft, but he wanted to wait till we got to the other side where we know a convenience store that has an air pump. We finally get over there, DH gets out to put air in the tire and checks the tire. Our neighbor just replaced his roof last week. Yep, we found a roofing nail in the tire. Meanwhile, a young man pulled up behind us while DH was looking for the nail and proceeded to hog the air pump. Then, he asks DH if we had something he could borrow to pull the hubcap off his tire. DH gave him the thing and asked for the air hose, which the fellow relinquished. Meanwhile, the tire's going flatter and flatter....

So, instead of going right to the hair cutter place, we do not pass go, we go directly to the dealership. Long story short, we were there over 3 hours. We now have two new tires (not really a big deal, we were going to buy 4 new ones anyhow, but it turned out the front ones are ok), a new battery, an oil change (which we got for free because they have a buy 10, get one free deal), and a tire balancing job. so much for the hair cut.

We did run a few more errands, but we still have to go back out tomorrow to do most of what we set out to do today. GGGRRRRRRR. However, we did find a decent AYCE Chinese Buffet.

So how was everybody else's day???

Old 01-19-2010, 04:39 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
Hey all well finally done with my today
School was so much fun the kids really had a good time

Pattie hmm I am not sure I would want to go looking at my final resting place or if you want to really cause a source of conversation you could always go and take a picture and frame it and tuck it somewhere in the house and see if any of your visitors comment lol yeah I do have a slightly odd side

Evey I hope you find the glasses. why is it the cheap ones you can't ever lose but thegood ones are almost a get lost get scratched magnet

Sandy they are good not too much of a coconut flavor and well don't Dr's say chocolate is good for you

fuzzy my hubby is allergic to coconut so I never have to worry about my coconut treats disappearing
lol I had to chuckle about the check you name spelling knowing my luck mine would be spelled Carla

Ladies I need a make over I feel so frumpy, I need some cute go to meeting outfits and a new do and maybe it is time to actually break out the makeup. A girl I know through C/D is very trendy I am thinking about taking some of our tax refund and asking her to help me with a make over

Old 01-19-2010, 04:49 PM

Karla, I'd love to do something like a makeover for myself.

We had to drop off something for our friends Marty and Dick and when we told them about visiting our niche, they said we should probably take a picture and show it around; I told them I'd snap one with my cell phone and send it to them! We are very sick people.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:53 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
lol, okay you two enough!!!
Pattie I am sorry I have been spelling your name wrong all of this time I'll get it right from now on!
Does anyone have an Americas Best eye glass place? We got hubby his glasses there and it was cheap. Of course if you want to buy designer glasses you will pay dearly for it but that is true anywhere. The exam is free and then you just pay for the glasses. His was $100. for bifocals. I think I am going to try them out this spring.
Have a good one all:~)

Old 01-19-2010, 08:47 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
, they said we should probably take a picture and show it around; I told them I'd snap one with my cell phone and send it to them! We are very sick people.
Take a picture with you standing next to it like this:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals