Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2008, 03:02 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,622,031 times

Advertisements

A little early yes, but I just woke up and could not fall back to sleep. Going to get an early start today with my work-out and really try to have a healthy food day, yesterday was a disaster. By the way, when I told one of my favorite neonatologists yesterday that I gave up coffee and I'm drinking tea, he told me that drinking coffee was on top of the list of ways to live to be 100, along with a mediterranean diet, etc...go figure. Just might go back to drinking it. Tea with sugar in the raw and soymilk...have a great tuesday! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 04:26 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times
morning jeannie
we have a special message for you in the exercise thread today

so far diet pepsi with caffeine
I have to go to the beach to the place we have breakfast every sunday to pick up my case "O big cups the owner orders them for me
hmmmm lol I may just have to have breakfast as long as I am there

Old 03-11-2008, 07:45 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
Jeannie, I think it is coffee in moderation. I didn't want to bore you with the details, but my triglycerides were a little high, so I googled that to see how to get them down and one thing that caused them to be too high was drinking too much coffee. I had had barbecued pork the weekend before the test, so I am hoping that was the reason for the elevated score. I am trying to cut down on the amount of coffee by making my coffee weaker and only drinking it for meals.

Coffee and milk
banana
2 apple eggos

Good morning, Everybody
I like the mediterranean diet idea. I will be going to the library to pick up some recipe books on that and the South beach diet today. My doctor told my husband and me that his goal is to get all of his patients to at least 90. It is nice to have a doctor that cares so much. I have been going to him since 1987.

Last edited by NCN; 03-11-2008 at 07:55 AM..

Old 03-11-2008, 08:38 AM

72,418 posts, read 18,204,513 times
Good morning chirpy ones!
NCN,what is an apple eggos? cute name!

Mixing grapes,apples and cranberry juice in a blender,it is good!

Old 03-11-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Jeannie, I think it is coffee in moderation. I didn't want to bore you with the details, but my triglycerides were a little high, so I googled that to see how to get them down and one thing that caused them to be too high was drinking too much coffee. I had had barbecued pork the weekend before the test, so I am hoping that was the reason for the elevated score. I am trying to cut down on the amount of coffee by making my coffee weaker and only drinking it for meals.

Coffee and milk
banana
2 apple eggos

Good morning, Everybody
I like the mediterranean diet idea. I will be going to the library to pick up some recipe books on that and the South beach diet today. My doctor told my husband and me that his goal is to get all of his patients to at least 90. It is nice to have a doctor that cares so much. I have been going to him since 1987.
my husband seems to think as you do. He doesn't think I should go back to it and just stay with the benefits of tea. We'll see...

oatmeal with fresh blueberries
water with lemons
supplements

Old 03-11-2008, 03:05 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,388,477 times
Jeannie, I hope you feel better. Time will bring a solution for your selling! Hopefully this time comes very soon!

Hubby started his classes at this training center yesterday, see, since yesterday morning DS sleeps in. Isn't that great. Yesterday he woke at 7:35 and today at 8:05. That means he's sleeping better with Daddy being out of the house hubby isn't pleased at all b/c he thinks we're all lazy and lying around the whole day

Went for a short walk with my mom and DS this morning. Went to the kindergarten where I want to bring DS from May 5th on. I already signed him up last May shortly after he was born b/c they only have limited places and the women I talked said that wouldn't be a problem b/c I have work to get back to.
So today I had to call her b/c her office moved in a different city and she told me there's no place for DS before June and I might bring him in the kindergarten in the next city for about 4-6 weeks.

I thought I needed to choke her and I was glad we were on the phone. She's absolutely incapable!

So I went to the kindergarten directly and talked to the director. She told me I need to make more pressure because the lady in the office doesn't know a thing and must be persuaded and told how she needs to work
Now I need to wait till next week to call her again. Hopefully she will understand or I have to visit her boss.

Tomorrow I want to go to work and visit my colleagues, I already wonder what they will say to that...

Okay, no breakfast today, after that shock I wasn't in the mood to even taste a bit of chocolate tarte
Lunch was a plate of Swedesh turnip soup.
Dinner was a sandwich (dark bread, salami, cheese, two leaves of lettuce) and one leftover piece of that chocolate tarte

Now off to bed, I'm really tiered after our book keeping classes

Old 03-11-2008, 07:26 PM

good evening all....

carrot sticks
red grapes
chicken and broccoli

Old 03-11-2008, 09:29 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
Izzy, an eggo is a waffle and it is flavored apple and that c spice word I can't spell. They are frozen and I just put them in the toaster to thaw and toast. I really like the strawberry ones, but you know how we have to make sure we are eating the best one.
Peanut butter with 2 slices of whitewheat toasted--I am really into toast today.
Coffee and milk
Lemon danish
Russian tea--on the patio, the birds were having a good time chasing each other
shredded cabbage and barbecued leftover chicken on a hoagie roll
2 peppermint patties
coffee and milk
chex mix
Didn't go to the library, played with my cat and brushed her instead as well as cleaning off the patio. It was just perfect weather today. It started getting a little cloudy at about 4:30 so I came in and did some laundry.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:27 AM

My kids love those Eggo waffles for breakfast. I try and get them to eat the blueberry nutri grain ones, but they also love the hot wheels and animal pancake ones also.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:22 AM

72,418 posts, read 18,204,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Izzy, an eggo is a waffle and it is flavored apple and that c spice word I can't spell. They are frozen and I just put them in the toaster to thaw and toast. I really like the strawberry ones, but you know how we have to make sure we are eating the best one.
Peanut butter with 2 slices of whitewheat toasted--I am really into toast today.
Coffee and milk
Lemon danish
Russian tea--on the patio, the birds were having a good time chasing each other
shredded cabbage and barbecued leftover chicken on a hoagie roll
2 peppermint patties
coffee and milk
chex mix
Didn't go to the library, played with my cat and brushed her instead as well as cleaning off the patio. It was just perfect weather today. It started getting a little cloudy at about 4:30 so I came in and did some laundry.
Oh! yes! of course,it just sounded funny,I see them all the time in the frozen section.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals