Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 12:44 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,851,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Are you serious? DFW tricked Houston? That's where I stopped reading.
Sneaky bastards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 11:55 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,053,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Dallas has had the stoplights at entrance ramps to the highway. Central Expwy had them a LONG time ago. When it was expanded and redesigned they got rid of them as they were no longer needed.

And what highways in Houston have them anyway? When I've been there and that is often I have not experienced any to get ON the highways at all. I also do not see the Houston freeways more "modern & sophisticated" at all. They are pretty similiar to Dallas freeways and many other cities across the country. Except often times in Houston one gets to sit and enjoy the view while on the highways, lol.
I-45 has them. The Southwest Freeway has them too as I recall.

Houston has elevated HOV lanes in the middle of its freeways. Dallas' painted road stripe with plastic pylons are so cheap looking. It also annoys me when ever I'm in Dallas & that DART thing is moving those concrete blocks as you're approaching downtown near Fair Park. I always feel like I'm going to slam right into it the lanes are so cramped on that stretch of road all while dodging potholes.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:51 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,989,330 times
You should see the crappy HOV on 35E south. The lane is so narrow, you think you're about to crash into one of the barriers. These freeways need major expansion. It seems Dallas leaders instead want a bridge built, and are only worried about fixing some DT freeways. Instead of building that new bridge, or trying to find funds for a tollway in the Trinity Floodplain, they needed to direct these funds to rebuilding 35E and 67 South...pronto.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:25 AM

12,498 posts, read 27,053,668 times
I-35 is very outdated & only 6 lanes wide from 635 all the way to Denton. I use those crappy HOV lanes all the time & it still doesn't make my trip any faster.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:06 PM

687 posts, read 1,581,127 times
Quote:
You should see the crappy HOV on 35E south. The lane is so narrow, you think you're about to crash into one of the barriers. These freeways need major expansion. It seems Dallas leaders instead want a bridge built, and are only worried about fixing some DT freeways. Instead of building that new bridge, or trying to find funds for a tollway in the Trinity Floodplain, they needed to direct these funds to rebuilding 35E and 67 South...pronto.
Didn't they just redo 35E South a few years back around the same time they were doing the High Five interchange? I don't travel down that way too often, but I recall there being a lot of construction down there for several years.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstorm214 View Post
Didn't they just redo 35E South a few years back around the same time they were doing the High Five interchange? I don't travel down that way too often, but I recall there being a lot of construction down there for several years.
Nope, it is in the same old configuration. Only 30 west was redone (a small segment through West Dallas). It looks nice though. 30 through Arlington looks the best though.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:21 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,778,039 times
Quote:
How are they going to expand I-35E and 67?? They have houses and businesses along the freeway.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:25 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,778,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
I-45 has them. The Southwest Freeway has them too as I recall.

Houston has elevated HOV lanes in the middle of its freeways. Dallas' painted road stripe with plastic pylons are so cheap looking. It also annoys me when ever I'm in Dallas & that DART thing is moving those concrete blocks as you're approaching downtown near Fair Park. I always feel like I'm going to slam right into it the lanes are so cramped on that stretch of road all while dodging potholes.
Yeah, I see that all the time.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:24 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,960,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter2010 View Post
If you live in Houston, you will find tons of greens, within the city limit and outside the city in some suburbs such as The Woodlands, Sugar Land, Spring, Kingwoods, etc. Lots of trees.

Why isn't it the same with Dallas? All you need is soil and water.
Duh? Dallas doesn't get 50 gazillion inches of rain a year like Houston.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
How are they going to expand I-35E and 67?? They have houses and businesses along the freeway.
You think houses and businesses will stop them from expanding it? TxDOT will just buy them out and use eminent domain. They actually have some plans where they say they will do this (TxDOT website), but it's a long way off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas