Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 10:53 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Nifty View Post
Bell Helicopter, Vought, and Lockheed.
Bell Helicopter - Home
Vought - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lockheed Martin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please, tell me, how is it not a good argument that more aircraft have been built in the Dallas-Fort Worth area than any other place on earth? Lots of airplanes were built during World War 2, lots were built during the cold war, and lots are being built now. I should have said "assembled."
Nevertheless, the area has a major aerospace industry.
All you did was list companies that build planes in DFW. No where in any of those links does it say DFW builds the most aircrafts in the United States. You're making things up again. I'd bet Wichita or Chicago build more than DFW. Maybe even Seattle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 11:04 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,951,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
This thread has become yet another Dallas Vs. Houston pissing match.

Lets settle it in the General US-City Vs. City forum shall we & find out what non Dallasites/North Texans really think.

Is Dallas a regional, national, or global center of fashion?
Yes it has, and you are the one that started it from your first post on this thread. This obsession that you have with hating on Dallas is really something you should get checked out. My opinion is that you are simply jealous for some reason and the only way that you can respond to any thread about something good for Dallas is to bash.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:11 AM

912 posts, read 1,888,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
^ Also, Air Force Plant 4.
Of course, so that they could take off afterwards, these aircraft facilities were based next to airports with Vought based next to the Dallas Naval Air Station.
Bell Helicopter has never had this problem.
There is an airport out in Greenville with a lot of spookie stuff going on. I think it is owned by L-3 Communications. Seems a lot of jets are sitting on the runway stripped down to be refitted.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:15 AM

912 posts, read 1,888,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
All you did was list companies that build planes in DFW. No where in any of those links does it say DFW builds the most aircrafts in the United States. You're making things up again. I'd bet Wichita or Chicago build more than DFW. Maybe even Seattle.
When I said "aircraft," the conclusion would include helicopters as well. I made the argument to back up DFW having a major aerospace industry. Right now, having a major aerospace industry isn't a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas