Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 09:30 AM

333 posts, read 639,186 times

Advertisements

I take the DART from Richardson (spring valley) to downtown (akard) everyday. MetroMatt is an idiot and the trains are packed daily. It saves me at least 30 minutes in my commute rather than driving plus there's usually hot girls on board. DON'T MOVE TO PLANO OR FRISCO THOUGH. MOVE TO DALLAS CORE IF YOU WORK IN DALLAS CORE. I will be moving as soon as my lease is up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 10:08 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
Geek - looks like coming from Richardson early is not that bad. I was going up there around 8-8:30 AM and the back-up was horrible north of Richardson - I know from my own experience going to and from Lake Texoma that I do not want to get stuck on that road so I totally avoid anything near rush hour. However, that's when they thwart me by working on the road or some idiot is going too fast and causes a wreck.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:22 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,998,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacemm View Post
I take the DART from Richardson (spring valley) to downtown (akard) everyday. MetroMatt is an idiot and the trains are packed daily. It saves me at least 30 minutes in my commute rather than driving plus there's usually hot girls on board. DON'T MOVE TO PLANO OR FRISCO THOUGH. MOVE TO DALLAS CORE IF YOU WORK IN DALLAS CORE. I will be moving as soon as my lease is up.
Why does your location say Dallas if you don't even live there?

I thought the whole purpose of DART was to link the far reached burbs to Dallas' CBD so why would you say not to move to Plano when there is a station in East Plano?

It is in fact useless to use DART rail service if you already live inside the city's core.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:38 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspkash1 View Post
Thanks all for the useful information... So it sounds like living in friso and driving to downtown after 9 AM wont be too bad. Doest make much sense to go from frisco to plano to take the dart..

We liked the houses (for rent) in frisco/plano areas (newer, bigger and closer to shopping)... If we wanted to rent homes further south, the houses for rent arent that great... well.. decisions, decisions.. !
And then the drive home would be at what time? Or is this a one way trip? You are going to be spending less time w/ family and more time w/ all of the cars on the road every day. Have fun.
And NO! You would NOT drive from Frisco to EAST Plano to get on DART to head downtown. Anyone that does that needs to be committed. You could drive to the Carrollton station but then again......... WHY!?!?!?

Why are they not "that great"? Because they are not brand new?
Oh, and there is a LOT of shopping IN Dallas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOAPRESIDENT View Post
Really? Did you read this thread?
I don't believe they did.

Quote:

The parking lots at the DART rail stations are always full. A lot of people utilize DART.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post

I thought the whole purpose of DART was to link the far reached burbs to Dallas' CBD so why would you say not to move to Plano when there is a station in East Plano?

It is in fact useless to use DART rail service if you already live inside the city's core.
SERIOUSLY!
You are an idiot.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:39 AM

333 posts, read 639,186 times
Quote:

I do live in Dallas. Like Houston, Dallas is large and spread out. I live in North Dallas because I used to work in Plano. I say move to inner Dallas because I want the area to get dense...
and how the **** is it useless to use DART rail if you live in the core of the city? Dallas core does not mean the inner downtown loop.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
I do live in Dallas. Like Houston, Dallas is large and spread out. I live in North Dallas because I used to work in Plano. I say move to inner Dallas because I want the area to get dense...
and how the **** is it useless to use DART rail if you live in the core of the city? Dallas core does not mean the inner downtown loop.
Dallas' urban core is confined to Loop 12.

Anything outside of that gets rather suburban looking, especially outside of 635.

I used to live in North Dallas myself off of Frankford & worked in Plano.

I'm not quite sure how Houston became apart of the topic, but since you went there I'll be more than happy to let you know its urban core boundaries are defined by the 610 Loop.

Last edited by Metro Matt; 02-22-2011 at 11:38 AM..

Old 02-22-2011, 12:49 PM

419 posts, read 998,288 times
Quote:
Dallas' urban core is confined to Loop 12.

Anything outside of that gets rather suburban looking, especially outside of 635.

I used to live in North Dallas myself off of Frankford & worked in Plano.

I'm not quite sure how Houston became apart of the topic, but since you went there I'll be more than happy to let you know its urban core boundaries are defined by the 610 Loop.
Man, I sure am glad you are around. You "know" more about Dallas than the people who actually live here. You lived in Far North Dallas and commuted to Plano -- therefore you understand the urban core of Dallas better than the people who live in the urban core of Dallas?

Dude -- you lived in Collin County. All of Frankford Road (the portion that is in Dallas proper anyway) is in Collin County. That's hardly a badge of honor that you understand what it is like to live in urban Dallas. You've never even lived in Dallas County. Frankford road is farther north than all of Carrollton, Addison and most of Richardson! Basically living in a suburb and commuting to a suburb doesn't make you an expert on urban living in Dallas. It makes you a citizen of Collin County, the king of suburban sprawl. So of course your opinion of "Dallas" is that it is suburban sprawl. You chose to live in Collin County.

Check it out for yourself:
Collin County Interactive Map

Old 02-22-2011, 01:19 PM

1,518 posts, read 5,270,398 times
Quote:
I lived in Dallas County dick.

I was in the DISD school district of North Dallas.

I could literally throw a stone from the balcony of my second story apartment & hit the tollway.
The Collin County and Dallas County maps says otherwise. All of Frankford Road is in Collin County and some of it is even in Denton County. But nice try -- CoCo.

http://www.dallascounty.org/department/comcrt/media/DC_map.pdf (broken link)

Collin County Interactive Map

Old 02-22-2011, 01:34 PM

1,518 posts, read 5,270,398 times
Quote:
Suck it

Here was my zip code which clearly says DALLAS, TX. in DALLAS COUNTY

http://www.city-data.com/zips/75287.html
Zip codes can span counties. It's not the same as a county line. You're fighting a losing battle.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:45 PM

Moderator cut: orphaned quote ]

4343 At the Parkway Apartments - 4343 Rosemeade Pkwy Dallas, Texas

The 4343 At the Parkway apartments are located on 4343 Rosemeade Pkwy in the beautiful city of Far North Dallas, TX. Far North Dallas, TX is located 21 miles from the city of Dallas and resides in Dallas county.

Now go back to doing your wifely household duties.

Thanks

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 02-22-2011 at 03:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas