Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 04:22 PM

1,172 posts, read 2,638,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I pay attention but motorcyclists need to do their part too. Weaving in and out of cars and riding in someone's blind spot aren't the smartest things to do either. I see motorcyclists doing both on a daily basis both to and from work.
Driving a motorcycle is just dumb. They are a 10th of the size of a normal vehicle. I've seen plenty of accidents where it's the motorcyclists fault from driving like they are crazy and I have also seen plenty of times where it was the other driver not paying attention or didn't see them.

I love the idea of riding a motorcycle but I have never attempted to do so because in the end it's just way too dangerous. It's not worth my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 04:40 PM

14,860 posts, read 42,985,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I pay attention but motorcyclists need to do their part too. Weaving in and out of cars and riding in someone's blind spot aren't the smartest things to do either. I see motorcyclists doing both on a daily basis both to and from work.
I agree. There are too many that are just plain reckless. I don't want to hit one, don't want to see one get hit and don't want to see the aftermath and live w/ that scene in my head forever.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:41 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,481,176 times
Its nice to ride motorcycles in the back toads of Arkansas out in the country. driving in busy cities is just stupid.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:15 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,405,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I agree. There are too many that are just plain reckless. I don't want to hit one, don't want to see one get hit and don't want to see the aftermath and live w/ that scene in my head forever.
Agreed. I do keep an eye out though. Don't want to kill anyone.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:49 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,781,163 times
:-( oh gosh

I have witnessed a motorcycle accident in another state, with my 12 year old son in the car. The accident wasn't the fault of the motorcyclist - he and his buddy were traveling on a road at normal speed and a car turned in front of them, and hit one of the motorcyclists. When I called 911 the operator asked if he was wearing a helmet, looking at him he had not helmet on while laying on the pavement. My son said yes, he was wearing a helmet but it flew off him on impact, sure enough it was along side the road a few yards in front of him. Luckily the fire station was near the accident and got to him quickly. I didn't see anything mentioned in the paper so my hopes are he survived, but in what condition I don't know.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:50 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,913,509 times
Quote:
I agree 110%. I come from a family of Harley Riders..BIG difference between those and the "sport bike" riders on the Freeways.
Many Harley and pleasure riders avoid the freeways at all cost and only use it if nessary.

Just a few days ago in 30 I almost saw a horrible crash and it would have been 100% the motorcycle drivers fault. Weaving in and out of lanes giving the drivers of cars no warning (signal) and no room, kid almost clipped the bumper of the truck in front of me.

All the flashing signs on the hiway say "share the road" "look out out ofr motorcycles" etc... and these jerks are driving like crazy in traffic. But then if one of them gets killed, it's the other drivers fault!

Old 06-29-2011, 07:42 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,064,403 times
Right on! Motorcycles are dangerous so riders deserve to die!

Old 06-30-2011, 12:32 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,913,509 times
Quote:
Right on! Motorcycles are dangerous so riders deserve to die!
That is the most ignorant statement. no-one was inferring that at all.

I have come across many bike riders who obey the laws etc... However I RARELY see the rider of a sport bike (crotch rocket etc...) that behaves like an Adult. On and off the freeways I have repeatedly seen very reckless behavior. Racing, weaving, cutting motorist off etc. BUT I have never seen any signs, campagins etc... calling for them to be responsible, that all lies with the 4 wheel vehicle drivers. (share the road... eye's out for cyclist etc...)

Old 06-30-2011, 02:04 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,064,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stones View Post
That is the most ignorant statement. no-one was inferring that at all.

I have come across many bike riders who obey the laws etc... However I RARELY see the rider of a sport bike (crotch rocket etc...) that behaves like an Adult. On and off the freeways I have repeatedly seen very reckless behavior. Racing, weaving, cutting motorist off etc. BUT I have never seen any signs, campagins etc... calling for them to be responsible, that all lies with the 4 wheel vehicle drivers. (share the road... eye's out for cyclist etc...)
You should pay more attention. I've seen a lot more responsible sportbikers than irresponsible ones. They mostly only act up in groups late at night. Also, it's their life in danger. If they hit you, it's probably only going to put a dent in your car. Someone acting up in a sports car would be a much larger issue. Was the guy who wrecked even on a sportbike? I don't remember reading that.

Motorcyclists deserve more respect than cagers give them. Because of them, traffic is less dense, fuel prices are lower, and if you screw up and hit one, you're not likely to get hurt. Yet there's an attitude that if they get killed, it's their fault for riding such a dangerous machine. **** that and anyone who thinks that.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:40 PM

621 posts, read 1,337,462 times
I hope they hang that hit n run driver.......................I would have beat him if I saw it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas