Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 04:21 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,921,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
You should pay more attention. I've seen a lot more responsible sportbikers than irresponsible ones. They mostly only act up in groups late at night. Also, it's their life in danger. If they hit you, it's probably only going to put a dent in your car. Someone acting up in a sports car would be a much larger issue. Was the guy who wrecked even on a sportbike? I don't remember reading that.

Motorcyclists deserve more respect than cagers give them. Because of them, traffic is less dense, fuel prices are lower, and if you screw up and hit one, you're not likely to get hurt. Yet there's an attitude that if they get killed, it's their fault for riding such a dangerous machine. **** that and anyone who thinks that.
Right....... If some reckless crotch rocket hot shot comes flying weaving in and out of traffic the only one that is going to sustain damage is the rider. Not always so. Other drivers could be forced to make quick actions that put others in cars at risk as well as them and their passangers. Even being involved in an accident and sitting in the roadway one is at risk of being hit by approaching vehicles. So that car driver very well could get hit, hurt, killed too because of the actions of the reckless motorcycle driver.

Then let's not forget the fact that if a reckless crotch rocket driver comes flying in and out of traffic acting stupid gets into an accident w/ me or another nearby vehicle and I and my children witness it we are not going to be "hurt" in any way. Nope, we just have to live the rest of our lives seeing the image over and over being played out of someone dying. Sorry, that is NOT something I care to EVER witness and have to see in my head for the rest of my life nor do I care for my kids to have to witness such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 03:00 PM

714 posts, read 2,935,898 times
Both car drivers and motorcycle drivers need to be careful. Both are responsible for their safety, and the safety of others.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:55 PM

436 posts, read 1,349,475 times
Those crotch rocket drivers are truly among the most irresponsible on the road.
It's not uncommon for me to see a pack of them on 75. When I'm going 70 and they fly by like I'm standing still, they are just asking for trouble. I hope they find it.

Didn't a bunch of these jerks hold up traffic on 75 around Mockingbird over Memorial Day to graffiti up the highway? **rolling eyes** I also saw a pack on 190 going the opposite direction that was doing something fishy. Can't remember exactly but I think they were going super slow for no other reason than to hold other motorists hostage.

Who are these a&&holes anyway?

Old 07-02-2011, 09:03 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,898,486 times
Just last night they caused a wreck, they were hotshotting and ran into the back of a Harly rider.
1 death resulted.

Questions Surround Fatal Motorcycle Crash (http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/070111-Questions-Surround-Fatal-Motorcycle-Crash - broken link)

Still think sport bike riders are responsible rider on the road? Dallas has a huge issue with them.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:42 PM

621 posts, read 1,334,893 times
I ride a Harley and have been since 1981. Sport bike riders are dangerous. I have seen several incidents where they caused the accidents, then got paid too? Just stupid idiots, being even stupider on 2 wheels...........

Like those morons that blocked 75, they need a good a** beating

Old 07-02-2011, 03:55 PM

307 posts, read 477,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twincam666 View Post
I ride a Harley and have been since 1981. Sport bike riders are dangerous. I have seen several incidents where they caused the accidents, then got paid too? Just stupid idiots, being even stupider on 2 wheels...........

Like those morons that blocked 75, they need a good a** beating
Generalizations and stereo types are fun. Just like all sportbike riders are blocking freeways, doing wheelies at 100mph down residential streets, and stealing babies, harley riders are all old, fat and smelly with equally old fat ladies in tube tops sitting on the back of the vibrate-mobile shaking their fat rolls at us as we go by.

Are all harley riders like this? Of course not. Nor are all sportbike riders as you describe. Lets keep the generalizations to a minimum. I think the unfortunate soul in the story from the OP was riding a standard, based on the photo of the bike laying on the bridge.

*Disclaimer: I haven't owned a motorcycle of any kind in 10+ years.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:50 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,059,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stones View Post
Just last night they caused a wreck, they were hotshotting and ran into the back of a Harly rider.
1 death resulted.

Questions Surround Fatal Motorcycle Crash (http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/070111-Questions-Surround-Fatal-Motorcycle-Crash - broken link)

Still think sport bike riders are responsible rider on the road? Dallas has a huge issue with them.
Do I think all of them are? Certainly not. I don't think all Beetle drivers are responsible. However, it's not as though the majority of them are out there riding wheelies down the interstate. I have a YZF600R and I ride it more carefully than my car because the cops really like to pull riders over. I've been pulled over a few times but never given a ticket and never for doing more than 10 MPH over. I've never come close to causing a wreck, though I have almost been ran over a few times by cagers who can't drive. And most importantly, there are plenty of others who are the same.

I wonder why there's so much hatred for sportbikers and no one seems to care about the Harley riders who ride to the bars, get plowed, and ride back without a helmet. I guess Dallas doesn't have any of those...

Old 07-02-2011, 09:09 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,335,054 times
Anyone who uses a public road as their own personal drag strip or who puts themselves and/or others at risk with their reckless behavior is automatically a selfish d-bag no matter who they are or what they drive/ride. Period!

Old 07-03-2011, 06:51 AM

621 posts, read 1,334,893 times
I did not say all, But most sport bike riders I see are very dangerous. I've been to a lot of national and local events and see what these kids do.............. It's percentages...There's a larger percentage of crotch rocket riders being stupid, than there are cruiser bike riders being stupid!

That guy was killed by a hit and run driver in a truck. The biker did not run from the scene....He was hit!

Fact is fact.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:01 AM

1,518 posts, read 3,059,730 times
Fact is fact indeed.

"Last year, 46 percent of motorcycle fatalities were riders 40 and over, an increase of 21 percent since 1993, according to statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration."

"The mean age of motorcyclists’ fatalities has also increased from 29.3 years in 1990 to 36.3 years in 2001."

"Forty percent of fatally injured operators tested positive for alcohol, and 32 percent had a BAC of 0.08 or higher and alcohol use was highest among operators 40 to 49 years old, followed by those 30 to 39 years old."

"In 2003, fifty two percent of fatally injured motorcycle riders were unhelmeted."

Sportbikers still lead in fatal crashes, but the gap is being closed by baby boomers buying cruisers and heading to the bar with no safety gear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas