Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 11:02 AM

2,348 posts, read 4,819,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinipig523 View Post
Please. If this were not a public forum, there would be a high likelihood that the OP really meant mostly if not all white neighborhood.

I just commented that it was something odd for me to read something like that - especially because I come from a highly diverse area like Chicago.

But, hey, if that's what the OP wants - all the power to them. Though I doubt 90K would get them the neighborhood they want.
How do you know? Honestly HOW do you know? To each their own, people can live where they want, have their own criteria for living where they want without someone making assumptions, which is what you're doing..Because you live in a diverse place, everyone else should too.. Is living in a 'diverse' place the correct way to conduct ones' life..These are all rhetorical questions, you get my point...Maybe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 12:05 PM

1,257 posts, read 3,683,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
How do you know? Honestly HOW do you know? To each their own, people can live where they want, have their own criteria for living where they want without someone making assumptions, which is what you're doing..Because you live in a diverse place, everyone else should too.. Is living in a 'diverse' place the correct way to conduct ones' life..These are all rhetorical questions, you get my point...Maybe
I don't know but, in MY opinion, chances are that's what the OP meant. Chances are.

People can live where they want and have their criteria - that's FINE. But you can't stop someone from making assumptions about it. Just as you are making assumptions that they did not mean all white or mostly white... but really just primarily white.

You are doing the same thing I am. We are both making assumptions. Why are you entitled to yours and I'm not to mine?

And for the record - I'm not saying that you have to live in a diverse place to live correctly... that's what I choose to do. Again, YOU are making assumptions.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:17 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,425,311 times
Why is it OK to specify a "primarily Indian" community, or "primarily Asian" community, or to only want to live around seniors or young people, but say "primarily white" and everyone starts screaming.

Who cares. The funnier part to me was the $90K budget.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:29 PM

373 posts, read 635,467 times
Moderator cut: See Comment

Also in the schools many whites go for Magnets in the DISD.

Or to try and buy in and area the values of the homes may hold up.

It might infact be not a bad idea to consider renting for awhile to see if they really want to live in Dallas longer term that buying might entail. Get to really know the area.

To have a reasonable priced area in Dallas that is overwhelming white, is 20 years too late, and those who found those areas are either gone now or have a very different area to live in.

And issue is the Dallas area has many jobs and is growing, the white areas of the country tend to be white because fewer immigrants go where the economy is not easy for them.

Moderator cut: See Comment

Think long term

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 10-14-2011 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: Per TOS, Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults; that includes calling anyone on these boards trolls..

Old 10-14-2011, 12:41 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,819,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
Why is it OK to specify a "primarily Indian" community, or "primarily Asian" community, or to only want to live around seniors or young people, but say "primarily white" and everyone starts screaming.

Who cares. The funnier part to me was the $90K budget.

Old 11-19-2011, 11:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,470 times
I would avoid homes in Lewisville under $90K. After looking a multiple homes in West Main St-Fox Ave-Bellaire west of I35, residential building codes to not appear to be enforced nor monitored. I saw many houses with poor quality structures built in the back yard, possibly previously inhabited, house additions that looked like they were done without a permit.
Do not expect to find mostly white neighborhoods in most of DFW. I suggest you learn to live and adapt to a racially, culturally, and religiously diverse region.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:56 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,690,784 times
Try to find something in the HUD program. Good deals for owner buyers.
A bit of a drive but probably will be what you want is Midlothian. They used to have some pollution issues, but they supposedly have resolved that. It is very caucasian and has highly rated schools. I agree with most of the comments here but am answering your question.

HUDHomestore.com-Property Details

1322 Ridge Dr Midlothian TX - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - MLS #11664953 - Realtor.com®

1225 Misty Meadow Dr Midlothian TX - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - MLS #11629405 - Realtor.com®

Old 11-19-2011, 05:21 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,102,084 times
Well this is an entertaining thread! Instead of speculating and going round and round on what the OP meant... they should just come back and clarify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone9900tx View Post
No one ever gets a way with saying they want to only live with their kind on this blog.
Well, I only want to live next to my kind, and I'm happy to admit it.

(You know, families with household incomes of $100k or more. Gotta cap it at $200k a year though, way too hard to keep up with the Joneses if they make more than that!)

Old 11-19-2011, 11:31 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,647,352 times
Heck, if you just do some sort of screen of "good schools" (8+ ratings on Greatschools or 75+ here or "exemplary rated only" or the like), and then go "<90K" within that initial pass, I'd be surprised if ANYTHING pops up within an hour of downtown. I don't care if the people around those neighborhoods are Caucasian, Malaysian, or Elbonian!

Old 11-20-2011, 09:14 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post
\I don't care if the people around those neighborhoods are Caucasian, Malaysian, or Elbonian!
Read the Dilbert comics much do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas