Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 11:15 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times

Advertisements

I have come to the conclusion that LBJ, the Tollway and definitely PGB have a lot of drivers who think they are more important than anyone else and drive accordingly.

I got excoriated on here once for telling the tale of my car getting stalled at the entrance to University Park on Lover's Lane at Central. Nobody would help me and in fact many people gave me angry looks and honks...apparently some of you thought I was lying...

Old 01-16-2012, 11:17 AM

554 posts, read 1,196,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
You guys asking me why I didn't help are hysterical. I was in the far left lane. It would have taken me 15 minutes at best to exist ahead and curl back around behind him on side streets. Nice try.
They're hysterical? Really?

They didn't start a thread over such a trivial matter.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:18 AM

110 posts, read 254,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BstYet2Be View Post
The most dangerous I've ever seen was a car that was stranded in the HOV lane on I-635 going eastbound between Hillcrest and Preston one morning. Don't know if the guy was out of gas or the car malfunctioned for some reason... but this dude was out of the car, had raised the trunk lid up and was standing behind it frantically waving, trying to signal cars to go around him! Geez!

I called 911 and requested some police help... otherwise, he was well on his way to becoming a car sandwich!

Also, FYI here is the TX DPS Stranded Motorist Hotline info that all of us need to keep handy.
Ok, I feel better about my incident then.... I was helping friends move and an improperly secured mattress ended up in the middle of I-30. Somehow we managed to run out into the middle of the highway, pick up the mattress, and get back to the shoulder without meeting a messy demise. Some people were ticked off, some stopped to help. It was an experience I don't like to recall often...

Old 01-16-2012, 11:40 AM

19,797 posts, read 18,085,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I have come to the conclusion that LBJ, the Tollway and definitely PGB have a lot of drivers who think they are more important than anyone else and drive accordingly.

I got excoriated on here once for telling the tale of my car getting stalled at the entrance to University Park on Lover's Lane at Central. Nobody would help me and in fact many people gave me angry looks and honks...apparently some of you thought I was lying...
Your car stalling is different than running out of gas. Mechanical breakdowns are often not predictable. Running out of gas is.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:42 AM

19,797 posts, read 18,085,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGuy View Post
They're hysterical? Really?

They didn't start a thread over such a trivial matter.
Sure delaying hundreds, maybe thousands and adding to the normal danger quotient of their driving day via negligence is trivial?

You must have a lot of spare time.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:26 PM

827 posts, read 1,672,705 times
Quote:
Your car stalling is different than running out of gas. Mechanical breakdowns are often not predictable. Running out of gas is.
UNLESS the gas gauge was stuck and you didn't realize it. BTW MAYBE the driver was in the LEFT lane as well [like you were] as attempted to get ovfer as far right as possible but never made.

From now on YOU must stop and chastize EVERY stopped,broken down vehicle and lecture the driver on how inconsiderate they are.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:26 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
Quote:
Obviously if you run out of gas there is a money problem, so you want to fine the man $500 so that after he pays it he runs out of gas again and delays you on your shopping trip?

Old 01-16-2012, 12:39 PM

325 posts, read 757,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Obviously if you run out of gas there is a money problem, so you want to fine the man $500 so that after he pays it he runs out of gas again and delays you on your shopping trip?
Not necessarily:

Kramer test drives car on Seinfeld - YouTube

Seriously though, the one thing I would say to anyone running on E (or knowing that based on miles they've traveled that they are running low, regardless of what the gas gauge is), is stick to the slow lanes, just in case. Beyond that...

Old 01-16-2012, 12:42 PM

469 posts, read 886,593 times
Once, my roommate's car was in the shop and when it was done he took mine to go get his. I was at work when it was done and was having a co-worker drop me off at the shop to get my car once I was off. Once I started driving back, I immediately got on 183 at PGBT in Irving. While going up the ramp, my car died due to no gas. The gas light had never come on (which usually allowed me 30-40 miles) and I hadn't had a chance to put any gas in it at the time. So OP, what do you suggest I could have done to avoid that?

Old 01-16-2012, 12:52 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Quote:
Maybe I could have held up a sign so that they would know that Classic BMW screwed up, not I...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas