Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 09:11 AM

695 posts, read 1,449,126 times

Advertisements

He's looking to build in Castle Hills, where that configuration is unusual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 09:20 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,462,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
The OP didn't state where the neighborhood was located, and didn't state the price of the home he was considering, nor did he state the price range in that specific neighborhood. Without researching it on the net, most people here wouldn't know either. So...

IN GENERAL, a 4BR-2.5BA is NOT a problem.

In that specific neighborhood, it MIGHT be a problem.

To homeowners looking at homes around $300K, it MIGHT be a problem.

But not to all homeowners and potential buyers, not in all neighborhoods, and not the DFW area in general.

And that configuration is extremely common all over DFW, but of course NOT IN EVERY NEIGHBORHOOD.
Yes, he did. In the very first post.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:24 AM

19,908 posts, read 18,193,452 times
Quote:
The OP didn't state where the neighborhood was located, and didn't state the price of the home he was considering, nor did he state the price range in that specific neighborhood. Without researching it on the net, most people here wouldn't know either. So...

IN GENERAL, a 4BR-2.5BA is NOT a problem.

In that specific neighborhood, it MIGHT be a problem.

To homeowners looking at homes around $300K, it MIGHT be a problem.

But not to all homeowners and potential buyers, not in all neighborhoods, and not the DFW area in general.

And that configuration is extremely common all over DFW, but of course NOT IN EVERY NEIGHBORHOOD.

The OP did state the neighborhood and the plan name - it took me five seconds to pull up the layout and base pricing.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:28 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,627,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
The OP did state the neighborhood and the plan name - it took me five seconds to pull up the layout and base pricing.
And we're all proud of you for doing that. But doing internet research should not be a requirement for responding to a post. I never once said that my responses applied specifically to that one neighborhood. And do you know for a fact that this configuration is definitely a problem there?

Old 02-28-2013, 09:29 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,462,548 times
Quote:
And we're all proud of you for doing that. But doing internet research should not be a requirement for responding to a post. I never once said that my responses applied specifically to that one neighborhood. And do you know for a fact that this configuration is definitely a problem there?
Are you reading this thread or just popping in to comment here and there?
People here are familiar with the area, some people live in that area, I have several friends who live in that area, some of us are just DFW real estate buffs, there are a couple of agents, etc.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
People here are familiar with the area, some people live in that area, I have several friends who live in that area, some of us are just DFW real estate buffs, there are a couple of agents, etc.
To wit, my business partner lives in Castle Hills.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Reading and paying some attention to the context of the OP's question really helps.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:52 AM

7,893 posts, read 11,436,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mSooner View Post
That's a really bad idea considering the OP is considering this house plan to save money
Checking to see if the plan has a spot a bath can be added last in an appropriate floor plan location is not costly nor a bad idea.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I read the OP's post, and he did not state that the subdivision was in Lewisville. I'm glad that someone of you knew right off the bat, but to assume that everyone or most should know without searching the net is quite presumptuous. My comments were general in nature and not specific to Lewisville and that specific neighborhood.

If it is a real problem to have that floorplan, how in the world do these homes sell or get an appraisal which allows the buyer to get a mortgage? The fact that you yourself might not like it, does not mean a real problem or lower value, value per SF, etc..

Old 02-28-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Reading and paying some attention to the context of the OP's question really helps.
I did. Your post doesn't make sense. If that floorplan is truly a problem in that neighborhood, the homes would not be selling and appraisals wouldn't be making value. You're putting your personal opinion here with apparently no real expertise, at least none that you've told us about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: