Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 01:29 PM

206 posts, read 335,046 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

New to the forum and we are considering moving to Frisco and would like to live close to 121 on Independence if possible. Even though we can afford Richwoods we will be living on the edge and the HOA even if it is worth it for the amenities, most probably will never use it and will get on my nerve after a while.

So we are considering Lawler, Stonelake estates or Arbors at Willowbay. Since we looked last time the home price inflation is unbelievable. We visited the above communities and amazed to see the volume of active buyers. Most of them are out of towners and still there are plenty of empty land around Arbors which have potential to be future development which might keep the prices stable or even bring it down.

Also the the rate in which Frisco ISD rezones schools we would never know which school we would end up in.

So with all this in mind would like others opinion between, Lawler, Arbors and Stonelake.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 01:56 PM

953 posts, read 1,830,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrapr View Post
Hello all,

New to the forum and we are considering moving to Frisco and would like to live close to 121 on Independence if possible. Even though we can afford Richwoods we will be living on the edge and the HOA even if it is worth it for the amenities, most probably will never use it and will get on my nerve after a while.

So we are considering Lawler, Stonelake estates or Arbors at Willowbay. Since we looked last time the home price inflation is unbelievable. We visited the above communities and amazed to see the volume of active buyers. Most of them are out of towners and still there are plenty of empty land around Arbors which have potential to be future development which might keep the prices stable or even bring it down.

Also the the rate in which Frisco ISD rezones schools we would never know which school we would end up in.

So with all this in mind would like others opinion between, Lawler, Arbors and Stonelake.

Thanks
In my opinion, lawler is the best among them. I think they are coming up with phase 2 for the 65s. The reason I say lawler is because if u go closer to independence and el dorado, you will have 3 school zones before reaching 121 whereas lawler has very good access.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:12 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks frenzyrider, good points. Looks like Lawler is waiting for another price increase and they are not releasing the new prices for another couple of weeks. Seeing the traffic of potential buyers in these neighborhood I am expecting another steep raise.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:43 PM

277 posts, read 678,585 times
You can't go wrong with either neighborhood. It comes down to builder and lot size and incentives.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Thanks frenzyrider, good points. Looks like Lawler is waiting for another price increase and they are not releasing the new prices for another couple of weeks. Seeing the traffic of potential buyers in these neighborhood I am expecting another steep raise.
U can try getting the 75s if the budget allows! Highland and Darling have a few left in the 75s but I know they are running a waiting list... U can also try stonebryck manor but the builder may not be reputed! First Texas is also building just north of main st. Lennar is also building close by north of main. But highland and darling are at a different level.

Old 06-02-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcl_cls02 View Post
You can't go wrong with either neighborhood. It comes down to builder and lot size and incentives.
Thanks jcl_cls02

Old 06-02-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzyrider View Post
U can try getting the 75s if the budget allows! Highland and Darling have a few left in the 75s but I know they are running a waiting list... U can also try stonebryck manor but the builder may not be reputed! First Texas is also building just north of main st. Lennar is also building close by north of main. But highland and darling are at a different level.

75 will be pushing the limit, so would like to stay in the 65s. Thanks though. Also you mentioned 3 school zones from Eldorado to 121. I know Vandaventer and Independence high. Which is the third one.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
75 will be pushing the limit, so would like to stay in the 65s. Thanks though. Also you mentioned 3 school zones from Eldorado to 121. I know Vandaventer and Independence high. Which is the third one.
Isn't there an elementary near el dorado and stone lake estates? Also, I am not sure but lawler park elementary may cause another school zone. Although it is within the community.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:37 AM

277 posts, read 678,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzyrider View Post
Isn't there an elementary near el dorado and stone lake estates? Also, I am not sure but lawler park elementary may cause another school zone. Although it is within the community.
Ashley Elementary is located in Stonelake Estates. Services the Stonelake Estates, Stonelakes Estates West, Villages of Stonelake Estates, and Frisco Heights neighborhoods. Zones are always getting updated every school year, so the FISD site is the best source. Link >>> Frisco ISD Attendance Zones

Old 06-03-2013, 09:37 AM

262 posts, read 468,833 times
Check this community. Its a 45 home new community at the intersection of Rolater and Hillcrest.....This is the only space left and everything is built out in that area with better Frisco schools....

Moderator cut: can only cite realtor.com

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 06-03-2013 at 10:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas