Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2014, 07:58 PM

477 posts, read 1,052,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Seriously?

Go.

This is getting ridiculous.
Or don't go. I'm going next week and i'd prefer smaller crowds. I hear they'll be serving up fried Ebola

Old 10-02-2014, 08:28 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by globe9 View Post
Yes, that's them cleaning the vomit which has been there since Sunday. Great job on cleaning that up right away CDC and or Dallas County.
Also read that his sweaty sheets from his bed etc are all still in the apt he was in. The family they've ordered to stay in that apt must be freaking out to be trapped in there when nothing has been disinfected.
Well, they haven't been too freaked out - the woman sent the kids off to school in direct violation of the orders to stay put - which is why the state had to step in and make it a criminal offense for any of them to leave the apartment.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:27 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,647,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3a's View Post
Well then Washington Post incorrectly reported that my bad and the other reports.

Washington Post headline reads Why hasn’t the U.S. closed its airports to travelers from Ebola-ravaged countries?

By Abby Phillip October 2 at 3:33 PM
Thomas Eric Duncan, the patient currently being treated in the Dallas area, boarded a flight from Liberia on Sept. 19 and arrived in Texas on Sept. 20. United Airlines said Wednesday that it was told by the CDC that Duncan had used the airline to travel from Brussels to Dulles International Airport outside Washington, D.C., before flying from Dulles to Dallas-Fort Worth.

Where is your news source coming from?
You misread. If you reread the part you quoted, you'll note that United flew from BRUSSELS to Dulles (DC). United DOES NOT fly from Liberia. Brussels Airlines (a United's Star Alliance partner) flies out of Liberia to Brussels, and that is the airline the patient took out of Liberia. There are very few Star Alliance flights out of the area of the Ebola outbreak to anywhere (in addition to the flight noted, there is a flight from Freetown to Brussels and another from Conakry to Brussels).

In case you're curious, United only flies from overseas destinations to US hubs, which are Houston, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Newark, Dulles and Denver.

American may have some direct flights to Dallas from the impacted area; I haven't checked.

However, as noted, in order to have a quarantine of whatever type, the US would have to forbid any individual with a passport from the impacted countries from entering the US.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:40 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,031,823 times
Quote:
Well then Washington Post incorrectly reported that my bad and the other reports.

Washington Post headline reads Why hasn’t the U.S. closed its airports to travelers from Ebola-ravaged countries?

By Abby Phillip October 2 at 3:33 PM
Thomas Eric Duncan, the patient currently being treated in the Dallas area, boarded a flight from Liberia on Sept. 19 and arrived in Texas on Sept. 20. United Airlines said Wednesday that it was told by the CDC that Duncan had used the airline to travel from Brussels to Dulles International Airport outside Washington, D.C., before flying from Dulles to Dallas-Fort Worth.

Where is your news source coming from?
I don't remember my news source but your own news source says that United Airlines only flew him from Belgium to the United States. It didn't state which airline Mr. Duncan took from Liberia to Belgium.

Answer: SN Brussels Airlines

edit: Looks as if I've been beaten by 13 minutes

Old 10-02-2014, 10:11 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,487,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by globe9 View Post
Or don't go. I'm going next week and i'd prefer smaller crowds. I hear they'll be serving up fried Ebola
Yum

Will that be next to the Liberian Fruit Bat Truck, or next to the Bushmeat BBQ stand?

Old 10-02-2014, 10:16 PM

361 posts, read 1,088,235 times
http://i.4cdn.org/pol/1412307332485.jpg
Mod cut: copyrighted image

^^^Found a pic of the "clean-up crew" dispatched to deal with the bloody vomit Duncan had thrown up all over the residence before being carried off in an ambulance. Theres also been delivery men coming in and out of his quarintined family's apartment complex, deliving crates of what appears to be bannanas and other food. The family has also tried to escape and break quarantine.

Im sorry, Dallas, but you are really making yourselves look like quite the mouth breathers and drooling idiots these past couple of days. You guys really need to start taking this stuff more seriously, this isnt a freaking joke and yes, Im starting to get pissed at how relaxed the city has been about this.

Last edited by HumboldtParkShiner; 10-02-2014 at 10:22 PM.. Reason: Only post links to pictures you did not take yourself

Old 10-02-2014, 10:22 PM

575 posts, read 616,610 times
Quote:
Eric Duncan did something that other people could do and will. The hospitals are full they are not able to get treatment or it is not as good as ours. You go where you can to get the best treatment in this case he did not tell the truth because he knew he would not be able to come to the US.
If he though he had Ebola, would he have left the hospital on Friday? Wouldn't he have made sure the doctors made the connection?

Old 10-02-2014, 10:28 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtParkShiner View Post
http://i.4cdn.org/pol/1412307332485.jpg
Mod cut: copyrighted image

Found a pic of the "clean-up crew" dispatched to deal with the bloody vomit Duncan had thrown up all over the residence before being carried off in an ambulance. Theres also been delivery men coming in and out of his quarintined family's apartment complex, deliving crates of what appears to be bannanas and other food. The family has also tried to escape and break quarantine.

Im sorry, Dallas, but you are really making yourselves look like quite the mouth breathers and drooling idiots these past couple of days. You guys really need to start taking this stuff more seriously, this isnt a freaking joke and yes, Im starting to get pissed at how relaxed the city has been about this.
"Dallas" isn't doing anything to or for these people - individuals are. And remember, this is the first time any US city has had to deal with anything like this - hopefully it will be the last, but I doubt it. There are bound to be missteps - this is a new experience for everyone involved.

The entire apartment complex isn't under quarantine. It would be entirely reasonable for delivery people to deliver items to the COMPLEX. There's a significant difference between delivering it to the complex, and taking it into their house and sitting around chatting.

Yes, the family did disobey directives (not legal orders at the time) the first day or so - in fact, the kids went to school against the CDC directive! Hence the now involuntary detention of the family. The family isn't happy about it - but that's on them, not on "Dallas." Apparently this family is a family of idiots when it comes to the adults in question.

I feel really sorry for the kids involved.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:33 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,168,216 times
A vaccine will be available later this month or next, then this whole thing will bypass.

Ebola Vaccines Are Being Expedited

Old 10-02-2014, 10:43 PM

361 posts, read 1,088,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
"Dallas" isn't doing anything to or for these people - individuals are. And remember, this is the first time any US city has had to deal with anything like this - hopefully it will be the last, but I doubt it. There are bound to be missteps - this is a new experience for everyone involved.

The entire apartment complex isn't under quarantine. It would be entirely reasonable for delivery people to deliver items to the COMPLEX. There's a significant difference between delivering it to the complex, and taking it into their house and sitting around chatting.

Yes, the family did disobey directives (not legal orders at the time) the first day or so - in fact, the kids went to school against the CDC directive! Hence the now involuntary detention of the family. The family isn't happy about it - but that's on them, not on "Dallas." Apparently this family is a family of idiots when it comes to the adults in question.

I feel really sorry for the kids involved.
Really? Your neighbors dont seem to think so....

http://i.4cdn.org/pol/1412297335610.jpg

http://i.4cdn.org/pol/1412301255152.jpg

Yep, just another day in Dallas! All's good in the hood yo!

This whole situation just goes to show how naive and ignorant Americans are as to whats going on around us in the world, and even in our own backyard. Half these idiots working around this outbreak probably have never even heard of Ebola or even Liberia for that matter, or are aware of how serious this strain really is. Too busy being preoccupied over Kim Kardashian, their favorite athletes or getting pissed drunk this coming weekend which all take the upmost importance thesr days. I cant help but think this outbreak is really Natural Selection at work. At this rate, I wish Ebola good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas