Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2014, 10:01 AM

2,825 posts, read 4,470,251 times

Advertisements

How we are really fighting the disease down here in Texas....

http://i.imgur.com/XMXmsVc.gif

Old 10-03-2014, 10:29 AM

452 posts, read 899,546 times
Bencronin I knew Texas would take care of it. Great state! Now to calm down hubby again last time bird flu came around 7-8 yrs ago he bought MEs those were nasty and big time sodium filled.

Old 10-03-2014, 10:54 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,894,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llkltk View Post
Is there a distinct possibility that he knew he had Ebola and came to the US for treatment? Just wondering...
YES. Very strong possibility.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:20 PM

5,268 posts, read 6,421,826 times
Anybody else notice last night that the 9:00 Fox News guy was reporting from a Dallas school where the marquee sign out front said something like "Our childern are safe"? They fixed it in time for the 10:00 report.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:43 PM

1,212 posts, read 2,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I think these are valid questions.
Not the last paragraph. I saw the interview by the Dallas official. The guy might be an idiot, but he is no mastermind in a big conspiracy.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:48 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,551,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
What is the frame of mind of people in Dallas right now?
I'm not IN Dallas, but it's only a 35-minute drive from my house to Dallas Presbyterian, done it many times. I just returned from a trip to Central Market in that vicinity and had lunch with friends.

Not sure what you mean by frame of mind. Everywhere I go, general topics of discussion are:

1) Yesterday's damaging wind/rain storm; who lost power, trees, etc., how quickly it blew through
2) Cooler weather that blew in with the storm
3) Prior to the storm, it was how tired we were of the heat.
4) "Been to the Fair yet?"
5) College and/or high school football, mostly the latter
6) For parents and grandparents of young children, some concern about Enterovirus D68; one case confirmed in a nearby area, two being tested in the the adjoining school district.

Ebola as a discussion topic just isn't on the radar screen. At all. I've not heard it mentioned even once in real-life conversation.

Old 10-03-2014, 01:14 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,099,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
I'm not IN Dallas, but it's only a 35-minute drive from my house to Dallas Presbyterian, done it many times. I just returned from a trip to Central Market in that vicinity and had lunch with friends.

Not sure what you mean by frame of mind. Everywhere I go, general topics of discussion are:

1) Yesterday's damaging wind/rain storm; who lost power, trees, etc., how quickly it blew through
6) For parents and grandparents of young children, some concern about Enterovirus D68; one case confirmed in a nearby area, two being tested in the the adjoining school district.

Ebola as a discussion topic just isn't on the radar screen. At all. I've not heard it mentioned even once in real-life conversation.
Same here - about an hour and 45 minutes from Dallas in East Texas. Haven't heard a word about it out in public. I've discussed it with my immediate family members a little in passing, but it's not a burning topic.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:28 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,781,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post

Same here. Ironically enough, the people in hysteria over it are not the ones in Dallas.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:50 PM

4,491 posts, read 4,994,271 times
Funny, I just finished paying for my groceries at Kroger when the next customer rolls up behind me...Cashier asks" Hello sir how are you today?"
Customer says, " well not so good, I got the plague or whatever is going around now..."
Everyone just stopped dead in their tracks and stared pretty hard at the man.....
Including myself.. He looked like hell!!

Old 10-03-2014, 03:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,595,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
Funny, I just finished paying for my groceries at Kroger when the next customer rolls up behind me...Cashier asks" Hello sir how are you today?"
Customer says, " well not so good, I got the plague or whatever is going around now..."
Everyone just stopped dead in their tracks and stared pretty hard at the man.....
Including myself.. He looked like hell!!
LOL..must be that nasty upper respiratory thing going round.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas