Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 08:56 PM

4 posts, read 7,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by taroberts View Post
Ditto. I live in 75024 and watch the houses in this zip like a hawk. But I live in the PISD area of 75024
Thank you. I also thought $135 was higher for FISD home in this zip code, but when the realtor pulled the comps, it seems thats the going rate! I am talking about a 2010 built home in Pasquinellis Willow Crest#3 subdivision
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 07:28 AM

459 posts, read 1,744,628 times
I purchased this year and live in 75093 so I thought that I could maybe shed some light on something besides the schools.

We really like the location of 75093. We are close to pretty much any shopping that we would like circa Park & Preston area, we are only a couple of miles from a Costco, etc. There is also Willow Bend Mall, or just a similar distance away we do have the ability to travel into Frisco and shop there or Stonebriar.

I cannot speak to the schools as I don't have kids yet as I am pretty much a kid myself I feel! but my neighbors have kids that attend Jasper and Plano West and are very happy with the quality of the education that they receive.

We live in a smaller home in 75093 and we did pay upwards of $135/sqft for our home and we purchased in November. It did appraise for more than that for what it is worth.

Note that some far west parts of 75093 might actually zone into Lewisville schools. Can't speak to the quality of those schools however.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:19 AM

409 posts, read 1,045,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustintoDFW View Post
Thank you. I also thought $135 was higher for FISD home in this zip code, but when the realtor pulled the comps, it seems thats the going rate! I am talking about a 2010 built home in Pasquinellis Willow Crest#3 subdivision
Ah I know that subdivision very well. We made an offer on an end of row townhouse on Edith Street back in 2009 in there. We decided to pull our offer on it b/c we felt if we needed to sell in a few year and move to a bigger space then we would not be able to break even as at the time there were no near to completing the subdivision. Prices was in the low $90's per sq ft. So we purchased a single family home for the about the same price per sq ft. elsewhere. Also I was having second thoughts about FISD schools at the time.

I love living here. I am so close to Stonebriar and Shops of Legacy. I can easily hop on 121 or the DNT from where I live. The schools (Haun, Rice, Jasper, WPSH) are great and everything I need is so close. Great day cares, doc office, church, hospitals, restaurants, kids activities etc.

I lived in 75093 before and much more prefer 75024. However 75093 has improved a lot from when I rented there in 2009. That whole NE corner of Park and Preston got a fantastic face lift.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:37 AM

41 posts, read 101,141 times
Don't exaggerate just so you can discredit the diffrence. Plano West SH vs Frisco High is more like UTD/UTA vs UNT/Collin College. Now Hockaday/HP High vs Frisco High would be more like Rice vs UNT.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:05 AM

953 posts, read 1,830,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolkArtsy View Post
Don't exaggerate just so you can discredit the diffrence. Plano West SH vs Frisco High is more like UTD/UTA vs UNT/Collin College. Now Hockaday/HP High vs Frisco High would be more like Rice vs UNT.
That is why I called you a joker. The OP is talking about Liberty High that had 15 NMSF. Any school that puts that number is not a community college. Just curious, what will you call Dallas ISD, Duncanville schools, etc?

Old 01-08-2015, 09:10 AM

533 posts, read 642,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzyrider View Post
That is why I called you a joker. The OP is talking about Liberty High that had 15 NMSF. Any school that puts that number is not a community college. Just curious, what will you call Dallas ISD, Duncanville schools, etc?
Although we live in PISD area, I agree with frenzyrider. Frisco schools get beaten up a lot on these forums but they are just fine for the most part. Liberty high feeders definitely have a very bright future ahead. It will just take a few more years for the reputation to catch up.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:35 AM

41 posts, read 101,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzyrider View Post
That is why I called you a joker.
I don't know. May be you called me a joker because you are an ill mannered person and can't agree to disagree and don't know how to get your point across without getting personal. You are the one who should think about your out of line response. You can make your point and move on, no need to get emotional.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:10 AM

4 posts, read 7,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taroberts View Post
Ah I know that subdivision very well. We made an offer on an end of row townhouse on Edith Street back in 2009 in there. We decided to pull our offer on it b/c we felt if we needed to sell in a few year and move to a bigger space then we would not be able to break even as at the time there were no near to completing the subdivision. Prices was in the low $90's per sq ft. So we purchased a single family home for the about the same price per sq ft. elsewhere. Also I was having second thoughts about FISD schools at the time.

I love living here. I am so close to Stonebriar and Shops of Legacy. I can easily hop on 121 or the DNT from where I live. The schools (Haun, Rice, Jasper, WPSH) are great and everything I need is so close. Great day cares, doc office, church, hospitals, restaurants, kids activities etc.

I lived in 75093 before and much more prefer 75024. However 75093 has improved a lot from when I rented there in 2009. That whole NE corner of Park and Preston got a fantastic face lift.
You would have more than broke even. Houses in that subdivision are going for $130-140 now

Old 01-08-2015, 11:13 AM

953 posts, read 1,830,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolkArtsy View Post
I don't know. May be you called me a joker because you are an ill mannered person and can't agree to disagree and don't know how to get your point across without getting personal. You are the one who should think about your out of line response. You can make your point and move on, no need to get emotional.
NO. Because people like you make statements without reading the original post and start making claims without any fact finding...

Old 01-08-2015, 11:47 AM

409 posts, read 1,045,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustintoDFW View Post
You would have more than broke even. Houses in that subdivision are going for $130-140 now
Oh yeah I agree. But I did not KNOW that then! I am still happy with my choice though now. Who knew we would get Toyota and all these other things driving up housing prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas