Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 10:10 AM

450 posts, read 555,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by payyden View Post
yes we want to stay in Dallas due to work schedules we really only have two free days
Actually, my 1st anny is this weekend as well. We're doing high end Dallas steakhouse (made reservations a month ago, did something right for once! ) and we will probably chill out and grab drinks or doing something more quiet, romantic.

We wanted to do the whole B&B weekend trip and it's just too expensive. We just went on a two-week honeymoon, I think dinner will suffice for our 1st year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 10:11 AM

1,591 posts, read 2,409,307 times
If shopping must be part of the equation, then I'd go with the Belmont and shuttle to Bishop Arts.
If not, the Adolphus, Joule, Omni, NYLO are all good downtown options with easy access to everything else on your list.

If you have unlimited wealth, ZAZA partnered with the Crescent shopping options across the street may be an alternative.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:23 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
How about the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine?
You never have to leave the Resort grounds, there's plenty to keep you entertained for a week-end.

Old 07-24-2015, 12:08 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,302,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payyden View Post
yes we want to stay in Dallas due to work schedules we really only have two free days
Ok, then here are some suggestions:

The Joule (downtown)
shop - along Main Street & Commerce there is the original flagship Neiman's, trendy clothing stores TenOverSix & Traffic, Taschen books inside the Joule, etc. You're also really close to the Nasher / DMA/ Crow Museum and Klyde Warren Park if you want to do that instead of shopping.

Eat Dinner at Stephen Pyles or The French Room at the Adolphus

Breakfast at CBD Provisions in the Joule

The Belmont (North Oak Cliff)
use their car to drive a short distance to Bishop Arts District which has a ton of cute little shops (home & apparel, and less expensive than the shopping downtown) and eat dinner there as well. There aren't any "formal" restaurants in that area, but if you haven't eaten at Lucia or Boulevardier, they are excellent.

Breakfast at Smoke at the Belmont (ricotta pancakes are to die for!) Or go back to Bishop Arts District and eat at Oddfellows.

The bar at the Belmont is great too - patio has the most killer view of downtown Dallas.

To me, this option is the most uniquely "Dallas" of the three.

Zaza/ Ritz/ Crescent hotels (Uptown)

Dinner at Fearing's or Nobu

Shop at The Crescent (Stanley Korshak) and the antique stores & art galleries along Fairmont.

Brunch at Dream Café or Breadwinners.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:58 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Personally, I'd stay at the Adolphus and go to The French Room if I wanted something really special before heading upstairs for a reprise of the passion of the honeymoon. I wouldn't worry about the fact that I might miss out on some of the other items on your list (as much as I, too, enjoy those things!).

Old 07-26-2015, 02:31 PM

161 posts, read 260,359 times
I enjoy a short weekend trip to Ft. Worth when possible. Close enough, but getting away (kind of). You could stay at the Omni or Worthington/Renissance @ Sundance Square. Using Uber there are a lot of fun options in the area. You could also plan around an event going on at Bass Hall.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:36 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,748,805 times
Fort Worth - stay at the Worthington. Eat at Reata and/or Lonesome Dove. I still crave the elk sliders I had a few years ago at Lonesome Dove. mmm!

Old 07-27-2015, 10:23 AM

3,478 posts, read 6,559,658 times
Quote:
Zaza/ Ritz/ Crescent hotels (Uptown)

Dinner at Fearing's or Nobu

Shop at The Crescent (Stanley Korshak) and the antique stores & art galleries along Fairmont.

Brunch at Dream Café or Breadwinners.
If you do this, consider Perry's for dinner. It is our favorite steakhouse in Dallas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas