Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 06:57 AM

242 posts, read 360,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BongoBungo View Post
My neighborhood in McKinney used to be 90%+ white just five years ago, now it's 50+% Indian. In the newest phase which was just built, it's literally 90%+ Indian. I'm pretty sure I'm the only non-Indian on my street. They are quiet and professional and I love Indian food, so I can't really complain. But yes, the Indian population is definitely exploding in many parts of DFW.

I am seeing the same thing. I can't complain but at the same time we are not talking about diversity we are talking about living in an indian neighborhood. Diversity to me means you have multiple ethnic groups including white and latino's and black in the neighborhood. There is also the issue of religion as well we are christian and they are not. If your not christian you have a different set of values period.

I have nothing wrong with diversity but I am seeing is a sweeping of south asian immigration in the wealthier areas of DFW. I am not seeing black, latino, or european and chinese move in lately. 5 years ago that was more so the case. I didn't choose to live neighborhood like this so yes it is an issue. I am starting to see white flight in Frisco.

The bigger question for me is why is Dallas attracting more south asian immigrants then other areas of the county. Are they moving here from other areas of the country or are we seeing a direct influx from Asia. The census data I see is too old as most of the change has happened in the last 5 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post

If you want to live forever in the land of the old white man, try rural East Texas. The rest of the world is changing rapidly.
East Texas has changed a lot. It become very latino in a lot areas. There is a also a lot European Immigrants from both western and eastern europe. I go to east Texas a lot and there is a lot Dutch, German and Russian spoken around there. It's actually strange site to see because there usually the biggest rednecks. If your looking for a pure white area there usually gay and very liberal.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:07 AM

125 posts, read 191,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisco19542 View Post
I am seeing the same thing. I can't complain but at the same time we are not talking about diversity we are talking about living in an indian neighborhood. Diversity to me means you have multiple ethnic groups including white and latino's and black in the neighborhood. There is also the issue of religion as well we are christian and they are not. If your not christian you have a different set of values period.

I have nothing wrong with diversity but I am seeing is a sweeping of south asian immigration in the wealthier areas of DFW. I am not seeing black, latino, or european and chinese move in lately. 5 years ago that was more so the case. I didn't choose to live neighborhood like this so yes it is an issue. I am starting to see white flight in Frisco.

The bigger question for me is why is Dallas attracting more south asian immigrants then other areas of the county. Are they moving here from other areas of the country or are we seeing a direct influx from Asia. The census data I see is too old as most of the change has happened in the last 5 years.
No, the bigger question is why are you the neighbor that no one wants to have living next door?

Old 12-28-2016, 09:11 AM

7,891 posts, read 11,419,357 times
We are growing and getting more diverse and this will continue. Its as simple as looking at birthrates by race for one. Secondly minorities are becoming more wealthy, make north suburbs more affordable. Jobs from California, a diverse workforce place are migrating this way. I see nothing to make me believe Dallas suburbs will become less diverse. This is a good thing

Old 12-28-2016, 10:11 AM

3,820 posts, read 8,751,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post

If you want to live forever in the land of the old white man, try rural East Texas. The rest of the world is changing rapidly.
Yep. This sounds about right.
https://www.news-journal.com/news/20...in-us-politic/

Old 12-28-2016, 10:15 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,765,482 times
As long as they park off the streets and keep up with their lawn, I could care less

Old 12-28-2016, 04:34 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,179,512 times
Get used to globalization unless you can afford to live into boonies away from highways and employers.

I just look for polite, educated, professional, affluent, non criminal neighbors, could care less about their ethnicity and religion. I can relate better to them compared to gangsters, drunk, druggy, rude, uneducated people of my own race and religion.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:13 AM

I am talking about why is the area being a cluster for indian's? I understand that Hb1-visa's are a big reason and EDS and Perot. But those programs have decreased yet the population of Indians in North Texas is growing rapidly.

It seems to me we are seeing Indians permanently relocate after they can from other areas of the county to Frisco/Plano and Irving in large numbers. This trend also seems to be happening to pick up in the last few years. The census says there hundred thousand south Asians in Dallas. This number is false and is from 2010. Looking back at schools the numbers make sense but almost every school in the area has seen a major increase. I would say frisco is 30-40% asian at this point and Plano is about 40% on the west side. I don't drive around Irving but when I do i notice a lot there too.

For me if the trend continues in about 10 years we will see a mass change in the makeup of restaurants and services in the area. we could easily see 3 or 4 million indians living here in 20 years if there is mass relocation. Economically this should be good for the area but it will cause new issues. If the area is becoming a cluster from other states it will mean moving to prosper it not going to be any different. It also means that buying in areas of Dallas North Dallas may be a good long term option compared to other areas mentioned.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:50 AM

387 posts, read 616,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisco19542 View Post
I am talking about why is the area being a cluster for indian's? I understand that Hb1-visa's are a big reason and EDS and Perot. But those programs have decreased yet the population of Indians in North Texas is growing rapidly.

It seems to me we are seeing Indians permanently relocate after they can from other areas of the county to Frisco/Plano and Irving in large numbers. This trend also seems to be happening to pick up in the last few years. The census says there hundred thousand south Asians in Dallas. This number is false and is from 2010. Looking back at schools the numbers make sense but almost every school in the area has seen a major increase. I would say frisco is 30-40% asian at this point and Plano is about 40% on the west side. I don't drive around Irving but when I do i notice a lot there too.

For me if the trend continues in about 10 years we will see a mass change in the makeup of restaurants and services in the area. we could easily see 3 or 4 million indians living here in 20 years if there is mass relocation. Economically this should be good for the area but it will cause new issues. If the area is becoming a cluster from other states it will mean moving to prosper it not going to be any different. It also means that buying in areas of Dallas North Dallas may be a good long term option compared to other areas mentioned.
Indians come from a country that's largely warm/hot for most part of the year, Dallas checks that box

They feel comfortable with people from their region, Dallas checks...you get the drift

Rightly or wrongly they tend to hang around their own - For the fresh of the boat Indian he/she struggles to strike common ground with Americans outside of professional setting. Eg cant make much small talk about religion because its different, sports same case, Television, movies same issue....look closely and you will see their kids are less in Orchestra, Sports but at the same time are taking piano, tennis classes ....Plus the bigger disadvantage or what holds them back is their accent which acts as a main barrier to communication. Thus being self conscious they are hesitant. On the other hand if you ever had a conversation with a colleague at work you will realize they are eager to share their thoughts.

Another bigger issue is the constant need to succeed and accumulate wealth. Its ingrained in their DNA. So all the activities that American consider as necessary to live a full life seem frivolous pursuits to Indians - their favored pursuit is money. As a social experiment try talking to an Indian or group of Indians about a business idea you have and want to them in as partners!!!! Boy o boy you will get them excited like you have never seen them before.

Lastly the region Indian's come from (The diversity is same as in America)....Indians in America are migrating from other American cities, Indian mega cities, smaller cities and downright Hicksville India, those from Hicksville India are even shunned by Indians. There come from all kinds of economic backgrounds which explains the presence of Indians in areas beyond Valley Ranch, Coppell and Frisco

A word to all Indians reading this post - integrate with your neighbors, they are worried when you don't communicate or just stare at them. And they are posting it on City Data

But the bright side is their second generation coming out of American School and social system will be 100% dyed in Red and Blue Americans - without the accent. Have you read of any of them involved in anti American activities? Well sleep easy then

Old 12-29-2016, 08:25 AM

2,353 posts, read 3,865,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingon View Post
Indians come from a country that's largely warm/hot for most part of the year, Dallas checks that box

They feel comfortable with people from their region, Dallas checks...you get the drift

Rightly or wrongly they tend to hang around their own - For the fresh of the boat Indian he/she struggles to strike common ground with Americans outside of professional setting. Eg cant make much small talk about religion because its different, sports same case, Television, movies same issue....look closely and you will see their kids are less in Orchestra, Sports but at the same time are taking piano, tennis classes ....Plus the bigger disadvantage or what holds them back is their accent which acts as a main barrier to communication. Thus being self conscious they are hesitant. On the other hand if you ever had a conversation with a colleague at work you will realize they are eager to share their thoughts.

Another bigger issue is the constant need to succeed and accumulate wealth. Its ingrained in their DNA. So all the activities that American consider as necessary to live a full life seem frivolous pursuits to Indians - their favored pursuit is money. As a social experiment try talking to an Indian or group of Indians about a business idea you have and want to them in as partners!!!! Boy o boy you will get them excited like you have never seen them before.

Lastly the region Indian's come from (The diversity is same as in America)....Indians in America are migrating from other American cities, Indian mega cities, smaller cities and downright Hicksville India, those from Hicksville India are even shunned by Indians. There come from all kinds of economic backgrounds which explains the presence of Indians in areas beyond Valley Ranch, Coppell and Frisco

A word to all Indians reading this post - integrate with your neighbors, they are worried when you don't communicate or just stare at them. And they are posting it on City Data

But the bright side is their second generation coming out of American School and social system will be 100% dyed in Red and Blue Americans - without the accent. Have you read of any of them involved in anti American activities? Well sleep easy then
If you are going to make such an insulting comment, CITE YOUR SOURCE. Since you are saying DNA, then it should be from a scientific journal. Can't? Then I consider that a bigoted statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas