Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 02:19 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,275,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post

I am still waiting for someone to tell me how to go from (let's say) the intersection of Lovers Lane and Skillman to the Dal-Tile plant on 175 without using the Central Expressway elevated section (so-called "345") within a reasonable time, during morning and afternoon rush hours (when people who work for a living have to commute). Please note that neither of those locations is outside the city of Dallas and yet it's totally reasonable to imagine an average citizen living and working in such a way as to require such a commute.
I used to live in uptown and went to SE Dallas and Seagoville for work usually at least once or twice a week for work. Now that I live in Irving I still go down there several times a month. I use 345 frequently and still think it should be removed.

175 is actually almost never that busy, even with all the road work. If anything it is a super underutilized highway.

As for the Lovers/ Skillman to Dal-Tile google maps gives you lots of options. I would prob take loop 12 south. Google estimates it would take about 20-28 min at 7 am on a Monday to do that vs the 16-24 min 75 commute.

Right now at at 3:15 on a Friday, the fastest way to go is to take Abrams south to 30 and take 30 to 175. 26 min. So yeah right now 75 isn't even that fastest way.

There are lots of options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 02:31 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,365,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post

Right now at at 3:15 on a Friday, the fastest way to go is to take Abrams south to 30 and take 30 to 175. 26 min. So yeah right now 75 isn't even that fastest way.

There are lots of options.
Abrams doesn't go to I-30. It turns into Columbia and then into Main St.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:45 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,275,920 times
Quote:
Abrams doesn't go to I-30. It turns into Columbia and then into Main St.
Ok fine, I'll give you the the full directions if you are going to be such a smartass. You take it to Columbia and then turn left on Munger and right on Ash Ln. You then (and this is VERY IMPORTANT) have to get on to the access road and from there after checking your mirrors and blind spots you merge on to 30.

Old 11-06-2017, 04:07 PM

2,134 posts, read 2,123,198 times
Quote:
This is an issue of a very small group of people with no history in the city trying to convert Dallas into a different kind of city that suits their own particular fantasies of how a city should be.
This is not a fantasy. By embracing multi-nodal transportation planning (cars, buses, trains, bikes, walking, etc), Dallas will be able to compete, manage growth, and remain relevant well into the 21st century. Planning solely for cars is 1960s/70s urban planning and no longer works for central Dallas. Cities evolve and change over time. Dallas was NOT originally built for cars and that is a fact. It later evolved into a car dependent city and now due to a variety of reasons/changes, it's having to diversify beyond just cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas