Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 05:38 AM

1,185 posts, read 754,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
Yup it was, along with 68 other Macy’s stores around the country. That year Sears closed 72 and JCPenny closed 138 stores.

https://communityimpact.com/dallas-f...ocation-plano/

The Plano store is one of 68 locations around the country that Macy's announced it will close by mid-2017, according to a company statement. The closures were announced as the company continues to see "declining traffic" in stores, where a majority of the company's business is transacted, said Terry J. Lundgren, chairman and CEO of Macy's.

On top of the 68 closures announced Wednesday, the company plans to close an additional 30 stores after this year.

"Our plan to close approximately 100 stores over the next few years is an important part of our strategy to help us right-size our physical footprint as we expand our digital reach," Lundgren said in the statement.
Which has **** all to do with Collin creek mall, your other posts or anything relevant. You’ve literally taken a data point and tried to make it something else, then confirmed it wasn’t actually that thing.

Let me guess, you voted for trump as well... that’s the only thing that would actually make sense out of any of your word salad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2019, 06:51 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,187,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chingaso View Post
Which has **** all to do with Collin creek mall, your other posts or anything relevant. You’ve literally taken a data point and tried to make it something else, then confirmed it wasn’t actually that thing.

Let me guess, you voted for trump as well... that’s the only thing that would actually make sense out of any of your word salad.
Great guess. I’m a yuge fan of Trumps and salads.

Old 11-25-2019, 07:36 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,344,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
Plano has crime maps you all know? The Red Roof Inn area has 16 incidents in the past 6 months and the one south also has 16 5 violent. The Home Depot/Costco in West Plano has 40 incidents 8 violent.

That doesn't surprise me; there's definitely an...element...around that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
I'll take your word for it if that was your experience.
Being in the Wylie/Murphy area, I pass through East Plano a lot to get to the PGBT/75 highways. Driving down Plano Parkway to get to 75 is all East Plano. All I see driving down that way (and Los Rios) are new expensive housing developments, a golf course. Yes there is a liquor store and the closer you get to 75 you start seeing more industrial buildings (Raytheon has an office there), but I would hardly consider this to be seedy or ghetto whatsoever. I guess being from West Plano it would seem run down to y'all over there. (Amazing how bougie some can become when they move to West Plano. Must be something in the water over there lol).
I'm from Preston Hollow so I'm about as "bougie" as they come, at least in the eyes of people who use words like "bougie."

I don't consider most of east Plano to be seedy either, but there are some areas that definitely fit that description.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhakaia View Post
I wonder how some of these people would react if they got "lost" and ended up in the trailer park that's just past Costco on 75

You mean the trailer park that's been there for decades? Everyone knows about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiping View Post
The last time I went to Macy's at Collin Creek Mall to pick up an online order, I noticed there was "This store is monitored" warning at the entrance. They also set up some screens live streaming surveillance videos.

I think they were trying hard to fight/deter crimes, and Macy closed this location within a couple of months.
That Macy's was dying for years. I used to shop at Collin Creek pretty regularly and I was never afraid to go there. I stopped going when half the stores I'd shop in disappeared and the other half compressed their footprint to the point where there was hardly anything worth buying. Collin Creek circled the drain for at least a decade, probably more, before it finally shut down.

Old 12-04-2019, 09:52 AM

222 posts, read 282,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonhun View Post
Despite living in the area most my life, I only recently went to the east side of Plano (was lost on my way to pay off a speeding ticket). May I say, the difference is really stark and different, like a whole other world.
What do you mean by this? How bad was it? Does east Plano have open air drug markets like other parts of Dallas County?

Old 12-04-2019, 11:47 AM

5,268 posts, read 6,423,901 times
No.

Here's some Plano crime stats for 2018 (the latest they provide, though they do say the rate is lower in 2019), best as I can transcribe, or you can see the full reports:
https://plano.novusagenda.com/agenda...MeetingID=1112

2009 had a crime rate of 32 major crimes per 1000 people, 2018 had 19. Since Plano has 280,000 people, we can guess that Plano had about 5320 major crimes in 2018. Major crimes: murder, rape, arson, violent assault, burglary.

Violent crime fell 2.2% vs 2017 - violent crime rate per 1000 is 1.54. Lows are around 1.40
Property crime rate is 17 per 1000, a 10 year (at least) low.

Fatal crashes is 7 about normal (more people die in fatal car crashes than murdered every year in Plano).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas