Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 10:48 PM

51 posts, read 217,832 times

Advertisements

Hello

We consider relocating to the Lovejoy ISD but want an easy access to highways (121 and 75). We looked at homes in Allen on south of Stacy Rd, which feed into Lovejoy. However, I came across an online post a while back that some plots around that area may be rezoned to commercial. Is that true? Is it still safe to assume that houses with Allen addresses on south of Stacy will stay in the Lovejoy iSD for the next 6-7 years?

Another question about Allen and Lucas taxes. Houses in Allen that feed into Lovejoy seem to be cheaper (less than 500k compared with 600k+ in Lucas), but would the property taxes make it a wash?

Thank you in advance for your reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2019, 08:13 AM

2,353 posts, read 3,862,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldtraveler23 View Post
Hello

We consider relocating to the Lovejoy ISD but want an easy access to highways (121 and 75). We looked at homes in Allen on south of Stacy Rd, which feed into Lovejoy. However, I came across an online post a while back that some plots around that area may be rezoned to commercial. Is that true? Is it still safe to assume that houses with Allen addresses on south of Stacy will stay in the Lovejoy iSD for the next 6-7 years?

Another question about Allen and Lucas taxes. Houses in Allen that feed into Lovejoy seem to be cheaper (less than 500k compared with 600k+ in Lucas), but would the property taxes make it a wash?

Properties in the Lovejoy ISD will stay in the Lovejoy ISD. School districts don't want to let go of taxes by giving away property to other districts.

As to property taxes:
https://www.hdavidballinger.com/dallas-property-tax.php

Old 04-02-2019, 12:50 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,295,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldtraveler23 View Post
Hello

It’s almost impossible in TX to get rezoned to another school district. Both districts have to vote to approve the change and I can’t imagine the majority of homeowners in intentionally tiny Lovejoy ISD wanting to be rezoned into gigantic Allen ISD.

Old 04-02-2019, 09:22 PM

139 posts, read 171,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
It’s almost impossible in TX to get rezoned to another school district. Both districts have to vote to approve the change and I can’t imagine the majority of homeowners in intentionally tiny Lovejoy ISD wanting to be rezoned into gigantic Allen ISD.
The only case I know of that wasn't voter approved was when TEA dissolved a district (Wilmer-Hutchins) due to them doing such a bad job. LoveJoy is in no danger of that.

Old 04-02-2019, 09:33 PM

3,835 posts, read 4,442,278 times
While you will not be in any danger of being rezoned out of Lovejoy ISD, the bigger issue IMO would be the changing in the zoning. Are you sure you want your home to be in the middle of a commercial zone? Wouldn't be good for either your resale values or peace of mind.

Old 04-03-2019, 12:19 AM

51 posts, read 217,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
While you will not be in any danger of being rezoned out of Lovejoy ISD, the bigger issue IMO would be the changing in the zoning. Are you sure you want your home to be in the middle of a commercial zone? Wouldn't be good for either your resale values or peace of mind.
Point is well taken. We like a quick access to a major highway due to a commute to work, but we surely don't want to be surrounded by big box stores.

Old 04-03-2019, 04:51 AM

45 posts, read 52,728 times
I lived in that area until recently. I’m not aware of any zoning changes being planned, and that area consists of subdivisions so it seems unlikely. I’m not sure of how far south you are talking though. If you follow Angel Pkwy south from Stacy, there is some commercial past Celebration Park. And there is some in Allen west of that area. Might be worth calling Allen and Lucas.

Old 04-03-2019, 04:59 AM

45 posts, read 52,728 times
I lived in that area until very recently. I’m not aware of any plans to rezone and that area is basically all subdivisions. Seems like a snowball’s chance in you-know-where.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:07 AM

786 posts, read 1,223,305 times
The boundaries for Lovejoy ISD won’t change. In the 90a up until the mid-2000s, Lovejoy had an agreement with Allen ISD to absorb their students starting in middle school, since Lovejoy only operated 2 elementary schools at the time. The students went to Curtis (which was the best MS in AISD at that time, then to Lowery & the HS.
When Lovejoy opened their middle & high school, the arrangement with Allen ISD was phased out & the Lovejoy students started attending their new middle & high school. Nothing is going to revert back with that or change.
Agree with other posters your only concern should be the commercial property, which can be rezoned & how much that might annoy you.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:43 AM

3,820 posts, read 8,746,551 times
Key is checking and double checking the home you are looking at is absolutely in the district you want. Boundaries often run inside subdivisions and can be confusing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas