Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2020, 07:13 PM

4 posts, read 4,955 times

Advertisements

Just to give yall a quick background, my family was fortunate enough to send me to Eanes ISD (rated top 3 ISD in TX) in Austin, TX. Now I reside in DFW and about to purchase my first home as an young professional. I am looking at 3 different communities and I don't have the academic info on schools here and I was hoping to get some advice. Initially we were looking at Southlake & Coppell but we quickly learned that homes there are a little over our price point. Because I went to a great school district, I would want no less for my kids if possible.

1st community: Right next to UT Dallas, Aldridge Elementary > Wilson School > Plano Senior High

2nd community: Also right next to UT Dallas but Richardson ISD, Mohawk Elementary > Richardson North JR. High > J.J. Pearce High

3rd community: West Plano in 75093 zip code, Daffron Elementary > Robinson Middle > Jasper High > Plano West Senior High

We liked homes in all three areas and it fits our price point, however we would like to buy a home where schools excel academically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2020, 08:02 PM

565 posts, read 559,236 times
3rd option has both the best middle school and highschool

2nd option has the best Elementary school

1st option is overall solid but nothing really stands out (slightly worst elementary than Daffron and then middle/high are basically on par with option 2s).

All 3 feeders you listed are solid choices.

Old 04-18-2020, 10:19 PM

Alridge is Canyon Creek North. If you go south of the golf course your in Canyon Creek South which has the best elementary school of any listed and has the same Jr High/Highschool as option 2.

The affordable houses in Canyon Creek South are in your budget but go fast. That's another nearby option worth looking into

Old 04-19-2020, 03:27 PM

42 posts, read 56,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake575 View Post
Alridge is Canyon Creek North. If you go south of the golf course your in Canyon Creek South which has the best elementary school of any listed and has the same Jr High/Highschool as option 2.

The affordable houses in Canyon Creek South are in your budget but go fast. That's another nearby option worth looking into
We were looking at Canon creek yesterday. Seems way overpriced. $500k gets you a 2000 sq ft house on a small lot and which may or may not have been updated recently. Or you spend $1m+ to get a nice spacious house.

Old 04-19-2020, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by braaier View Post
We were looking at Canon creek yesterday. Seems way overpriced. $500k gets you a 2000 sq ft house on a small lot and which may or may not have been updated recently. Or you spend $1m+ to get a nice spacious house.
You need to find an agent whose familiar with the area because what you stated is not true

There's 3 houses that have sold in canyon Creek south this year and the prices for all 3 where 320-350k range. All 1900-2100 sq ft range

2 of the houses where .2 acre and the 3rd one was .3 acres

Your prices are extremely off and .2 to .3 acres is not "small lot"

Old 07-18-2020, 11:37 AM

5 posts, read 2,523 times
Option 1 wouldn't be such a good idea cause overall the feeder isn't very good.
I have no idea about option 2 because I haven't looked into Richardson ISD
For option 3, the elementary isn't the very best, but the whole feeder itself is good.

Old 07-18-2020, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,359 times
Germaine C. said: "I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am and took the plunge to test Leptitox. Just like your wife I have tried everything to lose weight and nothing worked at all! Almost immediately I was noticing how Leptitox was curbing my appetite and keeping me satisfied after a small amount of food. I sleep better and fell calmer" If you want to lose weight and already tried something I invite you to try this one. please visit: [url]https://bit.ly/3eDimkR[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: