Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will DFW top:
11 million 9 28.13%
14 million 20 62.50%
Some other amount 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2021, 03:34 PM

3,925 posts, read 2,239,044 times

Advertisements

This thread is kind of an off shoot of Mirotek's Future of DFW thread but, I recently read a couple of articles that said that the DFW population could grow to about 11 million before slowing down and the other said 14 million. Do you agree or do you have a different opinion? I think it could definitely top 11 million, not sure about 14.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2021, 10:18 PM

5,964 posts, read 4,231,124 times
There's no timeframe attached to this. New York City once had 25,000 people, and Cokes once cost a nickel.

Old 10-19-2021, 11:23 PM

3,925 posts, read 2,239,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
There's no timeframe attached to this. New York City once had 25,000 people, and Cokes once cost a nickel.
It doesn't really need a time frame. Just do you think it could get that populated with let's say if it continues to grow at it's current rate which we all know can't be forever. I think it could definitely surpass Chicago and hit 11 million. The CSA is currently a little over 8.1 million now.

Old 10-20-2021, 06:45 PM

5,964 posts, read 4,231,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
It doesn't really need a time frame. Just do you think it could get that populated with let's say if it continues to grow at it's current rate which we all know can't be forever. I think it could definitely surpass Chicago and hit 11 million. The CSA is currently a little over 8.1 million now.
Well it seems obvious that it will eventually hit all of those numbers if there's no time limit on it. That doesn't mean it will pass Chicago, though. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. But this is sort of like asking if jeans will ever cost $1000 and surpass the cost of laptops since those only cost $800.

Old 10-22-2021, 09:24 AM

212 posts, read 278,732 times
Quote:
Well it seems obvious that it will eventually hit all of those numbers if there's no time limit on it. That doesn't mean it will pass Chicago, though. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. But this is sort of like asking if jeans will ever cost $1000 and surpass the cost of laptops since those only cost $800.
In the mid 80's a friend from Chicago told me one day DFW would have as many people as his hometown of Chicago, L.A. & NYC. At the time I said you are NUTS! LOL! Look where we are today! For me it is GREAT!

Texas is finally leaving behind the bible thumping ignorant state that it is today! Diversity, newly built nationally ranked universities, more and more national and worldwide corporate relocations will finally make Texas a World Class place to live. Good riddance to oil as the be all and end all of Texas' fortunes! We still have so many Texans living in squalor and low-paying jobs, so sad and so unnecessary. Poverty and lack of educational opportunities have crippled many of our fellow Texans. We can do so much more for our fellow Texans and their families!

1985 DFW population 3,535,000

2021 DFW population 6,397,000

Old 10-22-2021, 01:44 PM

4,447 posts, read 6,329,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiber Guy View Post
In the mid 80's a friend from Chicago told me one day DFW would have as many people as his hometown of Chicago, L.A. & NYC. At the time I said you are NUTS! LOL! Look where we are today! For me it is GREAT!

Texas is finally leaving behind the bible thumping ignorant state that it is today! Diversity, newly built nationally ranked universities, more and more national and worldwide corporate relocations will finally make Texas a World Class place to live. Good riddance to oil as the be all and end all of Texas' fortunes! We still have so many Texans living in squalor and low-paying jobs, so sad and so unnecessary. Poverty and lack of educational opportunities have crippled many of our fellow Texans. We can do so much more for our fellow Texans and their families!

1985 DFW population 3,535,000

2021 DFW population 6,397,000
DFW population in 2021 is closer to 7.8 million.

Old 10-23-2021, 12:23 AM

1,982 posts, read 2,099,160 times
Quote:
I don't know how this is obvious to anyone. So much can happen and it is possible the DFW stabilizes or even starts declining before hitting either number. Personally, I think it will likely hit eleven million at some point, which is what I voted for, but I doubt it will hit fourteen.

Quote:
As a native born Texan, raised in DFW my entire life, I am disgusted by this sort of attitude some people have towards the rest of the state, especially towards the rural areas.

Old 10-23-2021, 08:05 AM

19,954 posts, read 18,244,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonhun View Post

As a native born Texan, raised in DFW my entire life, I am disgusted by this sort of attitude some people have towards the rest of the state, especially towards the rural areas.

Don't let that guy bother you. He's virtue signaling. For one I'm pretty sure he hasn't looked at official and supplemental poverty metric tables.

ETA-these numbers are a couple of years old (2019 IIRC) - Ill find newer tonight and correct if needed CA, NY, FL all have higher supplemental poverty rates than TX. CA and NY significantly so.

Poverty is an intractable human problem.

Last edited by EDS_; 10-23-2021 at 08:16 AM..

Old 10-23-2021, 10:29 AM

212 posts, read 278,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Don't let that guy bother you. He's virtue signaling. For one I'm pretty sure he hasn't looked at official and supplemental poverty metric tables.

ETA-these numbers are a couple of years old (2019 IIRC) - Ill find newer tonight and correct if needed CA, NY, FL all have higher supplemental poverty rates than TX. CA and NY significantly so.

Poverty is an intractable human problem.
Let's see finally we are providing financial assistance to children, yes children the innocents with no political voice! And you say poverty is an intractable human problem - LOL! Laughable statement of ignorance!

Old 10-23-2021, 11:20 AM

19,954 posts, read 18,244,647 times
Quote:
Let's see finally we are providing financial assistance to children, yes children the innocents with no political voice! And you say poverty is an intractable human problem - LOL! Laughable statement of ignorance!
Name the countries that have solved poverty?

Texas has provided various financial and in-kind assistant to children for decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas