Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 10:23 PM

154 posts, read 432,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Sorry, Texas is perfect.
Wow!! Don't ever leave your perfect state! You sound very narrow minded - you sound like you have not seen the world out there! There is so much more than Texas out there!!! You have no nature, no culture.... you are rude (because you think it is only about you down there in TX!). Stay where you are....and ignore everything beautiful around you!!! The perfect state..how can it be perfect when you have people down the road starving and struggling for their lives!! I bet you drive an SUV, if you are female..you will be the one with fake nails and fake bubs Down there...it is all about who has the bigger house and who has the nicest car!!! ....all next to the ones who really struggle for their lives...
Most of you go to church on Sundays...promise to God to be good...and the next day you are awful....like that mom who wanted to drive me over in the school car pool lane!!! You think it is all about you! That's why there are so many people who really dislike you in TX.

I speak 5 different languages.... I actually sat down and took the time to study the languages and different cultures. One of the posters here...corrected me on one of the words I got wrong...so typical... if you think you are so wise...talk to me in one other language than Texan!!

I lived in Texas for 10 years.....I definately would not consider TX the perfect place! You do not need to read or reply to my postings....but I will post my opinion to the ones who are considering to move to TX....it is not heaven that's for sure!!!

Strangely, nobody wanted to visit us in TX...since we moved to CO..family and friends are lining up to visit
I definately do not have to put up with you down there! Stay where you are - and yes leave the rest of the world to us!! We definately do not want you!Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 01:20 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,278,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHJohn View Post
I may be wrong but aren't you more likely to die in a car accident?
Once again, I'm not talking about dying in a tornado and once again, of course, one is more likely to die in a car accident if the statistics are correct but some of the folks on this thread think statistics are bunk. Death is not the issue here. Everyone dies in some way and some day, and that is not important.

Totally off subject but speaking of death......It always cracks me up how people in church are always saying things like:

I can't wait to get to Heaven. It will be so much better there. I will see my loved ones who went before me. I will live eternally.

Then cancer hits them and they're bananas that they just might die. What happened to their wonderful thoughts about Heaven now? They're asking for prayer, whatever is God's will, and well, everyone knows the rest of the story. Hey, if cancer hits or a tornado hits or a car accident hits and someone dies, people aren't in control of any of that anyway. So just accept it as the plan in whomever's life. I just find it so contradicting, but back to the weather.

I still don't like severe storms and never will, but I'm certainly not afraid of dying. Some people freak over snakes much more than other freak over storms, but dying isn't the issue with snakes either. They just don't like them and the same goes for how some don't like bad weather. How simple is that?

Old 05-30-2008, 04:56 AM

172 posts, read 509,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Once again, I'm not talking about dying in a tornado and once again, of course, one is more likely to die in a car accident if the statistics are correct but some of the folks on this thread think statistics are bunk. Death is not the issue here. Everyone dies in some way and some day, and that is not important.

Totally off subject but speaking of death......It always cracks me up how people in church are always saying things like:

I can't wait to get to Heaven. It will be so much better there. I will see my loved ones who went before me. I will live eternally.

Then cancer hits them and they're bananas that they just might die. What happened to their wonderful thoughts about Heaven now? They're asking for prayer, whatever is God's will, and well, everyone knows the rest of the story. Hey, if cancer hits or a tornado hits or a car accident hits and someone dies, people aren't in control of any of that anyway. So just accept it as the plan in whomever's life. I just find it so contradicting, but back to the weather.

I still don't like severe storms and never will, but I'm certainly not afraid of dying. Some people freak over snakes much more than other freak over storms, but dying isn't the issue with snakes either. They just don't like them and the same goes for how some don't like bad weather. How simple is that?
ummmm so you don't like storms, ok.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:11 AM

172 posts, read 509,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie123 View Post
Wow!! Don't ever leave your perfect state! You sound very narrow minded - you sound like you have not seen the world out there! There is so much more than Texas out there!!! You have no nature, no culture.... you are rude (because you think it is only about you down there in TX!). Stay where you are....and ignore everything beautiful around you!!! The perfect state..how can it be perfect when you have people down the road starving and struggling for their lives!! I bet you drive an SUV, if you are female..you will be the one with fake nails and fake bubs Down there...it is all about who has the bigger house and who has the nicest car!!! ....all next to the ones who really struggle for their lives...
Most of you go to church on Sundays...promise to God to be good...and the next day you are awful....like that mom who wanted to drive me over in the school car pool lane!!! You think it is all about you! That's why there are so many people who really dislike you in TX.

I speak 5 different languages.... I actually sat down and took the time to study the languages and different cultures. One of the posters here...corrected me on one of the words I got wrong...so typical... if you think you are so wise...talk to me in one other language than Texan!!

I lived in Texas for 10 years.....I definately would not consider TX the perfect place! You do not need to read or reply to my postings....but I will post my opinion to the ones who are considering to move to TX....it is not heaven that's for sure!!!

Strangely, nobody wanted to visit us in TX...since we moved to CO..family and friends are lining up to visit
I definately do not have to put up with you down there! Stay where you are - and yes leave the rest of the world to us!! We definately do not want you!Thank you
1. You claim that you will post your opinion, but you have a problem with Lakewooder sharing his.

2. You then start to get personal simply because of an opinion. His opinion is that Texas is perfect for him. You may not agree but that is your opinion. No need to get nasty and judgmental about it.

3. What exactly does driving an SUV have to do with anything? You come off like one of those moron conservative radio jocks who are always complaining about liberal latte drinkers, like putting milk in your coffee is somehow a grave sin and is only done by liberals. Who cares what car he drives or how big his home is. If he can afford it good for him.

4. So now everyone who lives in Texas is like the mom who wanted to drive you over. In all honesty, what did you do to **** that lady off? I've lived in the metroplex for close to 10 years and the people on the roads in DFW are far more courteous than say NY, Boston or LA. Don't believe, try riding a cab in NY, they have some of the angriest cab drivers on the planet.

5. So your knowledge of languages makes you an expert on all things cultural? I speak, read and write 4 languages fluently. Trying to pick up Finnish. I've traveled and seen a lot in my 30 years and I sure as hell would never begin to question someone for loving the place they live. It works for them, just like CO works for you.

6. Lastly, we don't know why your family did not want to visit you in TX. Maybe they didn't think you were worth the ticket price to come visit. Judging from your posts, I still think they are getting the shorter end of the deal by visiting you in CO.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:55 AM

68 posts, read 280,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHJohn View Post
1. You claim that you will post your opinion, but you have a problem with Lakewooder sharing his.

2. You then start to get personal simply because of an opinion. His opinion is that Texas is perfect for him. You may not agree but that is your opinion. No need to get nasty and judgmental about it.

3. What exactly does driving an SUV have to do with anything? You come off like one of those moron conservative radio jocks who are always complaining about liberal latte drinkers, like putting milk in your coffee is somehow a grave sin and is only done by liberals. Who cares what car he drives or how big his home is. If he can afford it good for him.

4. So now everyone who lives in Texas is like the mom who wanted to drive you over. In all honesty, what did you do to **** that lady off? I've lived in the metroplex for close to 10 years and the people on the roads in DFW are far more courteous than say NY, Boston or LA. Don't believe, try riding a cab in NY, they have some of the angriest cab drivers on the planet.

5. So your knowledge of languages makes you an expert on all things cultural? I speak, read and write 4 languages fluently. Trying to pick up Finnish. I've traveled and seen a lot in my 30 years and I sure as hell would never begin to question someone for loving the place they live. It works for them, just like CO works for you.

6. Lastly, we don't know why your family did not want to visit you in TX. Maybe they didn't think you were worth the ticket price to come visit. Judging from your posts, I still think they are getting the shorter end of the deal by visiting you in CO.
Have a good day

Old 05-30-2008, 09:09 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie123 View Post

You may speak five languages, but you don't understand tongue-in-cheek.

I currently have nearly 600,000 airmiles and am almost to the million-mile mark with American Airlines alone - so I have been around - would you like to examine my passport stamps? That's just personal travel..I work for a company with offices in Dallas, Houston, Calgary and Moscow. We travel to all the oil producing regions in the world. I don't speak five languages but I can get by in several and am almost proficient in Spanish.

Sorry I think it is you who is rude by criticizing our state -- everyone knows the cardinal rule for Texas is "love it or leave it". If you leave it, leave it alone.

And I don't drive an SUV, but if that will p*ss you off perhaps I shall buy one.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:56 PM

68 posts, read 280,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
You may speak five languages, but you don't understand tongue-in-cheek.

I currently have nearly 600,000 airmiles and am almost to the million-mile mark with American Airlines alone - so I have been around - would you like to examine my passport stamps? That's just personal travel..I work for a company with offices in Dallas, Houston, Calgary and Moscow. We travel to all the oil producing regions in the world. I don't speak five languages but I can get by in several and am almost proficient in Spanish.

Sorry I think it is you who is rude by criticizing our state -- everyone knows the cardinal rule for Texas is "love it or leave it". If you leave it, leave it alone.

And I don't drive an SUV, but if that will p*ss you off perhaps I shall buy one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas