Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2023, 10:54 AM

139 posts, read 113,464 times

Advertisements

Not cold enough here for a fireplace. Plus, it is bad for the environment and your health. In my opinion, fireplaces are a thing of the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2023, 11:57 AM

702 posts, read 2,723,392 times
It would be a deal breaker for me. We always have our fireplace on during the holidays.. unless it’s freaky warm of course.

Old 05-24-2023, 11:05 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,451,968 times
For 1 million dollars I would want ALL of the bells and whistles ...Even if I know I won't use them....Having them would make me feel like it's actually worth the million I'm paying for it.

This is why buyers that have a million to spend would look for it. Un-needed extras make buyers more comfortable with the amount of money they're about to spend.

Old 05-25-2023, 08:24 AM

18,563 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by some1livesinamerica View Post
We are about to go under contract for a new construction house in the DFW area, the final purchase price will be around $1.1mi. Personally, I am really not a fan of fireplace, for the most part, it is a pretty useless thing to have in the house. I think most people use it for decoration purpose, not to heat the house. However, my wife was saying for resale purpose, especially at this price point, you need to have it. I MUCH rather use the space for a nice big screen tv.
What do people on the forum think? Is my wife really right about this? If a lot of people say no, I will probably show the replies to her, hopefully, she will change her mind.
Why would you presume you're unique? If you don't need one at that price point, surely there are others who feel the same way.

Old 05-25-2023, 01:48 PM

965 posts, read 724,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Why would you presume you're unique? If you don't need one at that price point, surely there are others who feel the same way.
The OP is surely not unique, of course there are other people who could care less about a fireplace. But as this thread has demonstrated, there is a sizeable portion of the population (I'm going to say 50%, conservatively) who would demand one, especially at the >$1M price point. If I had the option, I would not want to eliminate 50% of future buyers right out of the gate.

We had one when we lived on the M-Streets. Only used it a few times, but loved the idea of having it, if nothing else other than for ambiance and holiday cheer. It would be a dealbreaker for me, personally, unless I was living in a truly tropical location where it would just be weird (which Dallas is definitely not).

We live in a colder climate now, and I probably used our gas fireplace 30 times this winter (and it was an extremely mild one). Throwing on a movie and lighting up the fireplace became a typical weekend night.

Old 05-26-2023, 12:36 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,746,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan#1 View Post
It would be a deal breaker for me. We always have our fireplace on during the holidays.. unless it’s freaky warm of course.
That's when you jack up the AC so you can still have the fire

Old 05-26-2023, 04:06 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,791,701 times
I use my fireplace in the winter all the time. So yes, it would be a dealbreaker for a puchase price north of half a million.

Old 05-26-2023, 09:08 PM

2,511 posts, read 2,215,003 times
I was glad to have fireplaces when our power went out for a week during the Super Bowl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: