Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 09:54 AM

2 posts, read 10,954 times

Advertisements

Just got back from a small business trip to Dallas last week and I must say everyone is so nice there. Your drivers are very courteous much more so than here in L.A

Its nice to be in a place non-judgemental and "down home" for once ...i'll be back soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 11:02 AM

35 posts, read 81,662 times
I agree with your observations. I lived in Dallas for three years and found the people to be very friendly and cordial. I've since moved to California, and while I do love the state and the people, it is not nearly as friendly.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:08 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
I've been to several cities in Texas and Dallas is probably one of the most friendly.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:11 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Texas drivers are a pretty decent bunch overall. I'm surprised, that in this metropolitan area of 6.5 million people how courteous most drivers really are. There are some yahoos out there of course, but all in all the drivers here are quite good and courteous.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:47 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
True. I've noticed that too. I think it is because people don't want to get into more debt paying for a new car or to fix a damaged car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Texas drivers are a pretty decent bunch overall. I'm surprised, that in this metropolitan area of 6.5 million people how courteous most drivers really are. There are some yahoos out there of course, but all in all the drivers here are quite good and courteous.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:48 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Texas drivers are a pretty decent bunch
If you consider speeding up as soon as somebody in the lane next to you turns their blinker on to be decent, sure..

I don't agree about the drivers. But I do agree that people in Dallas, once they are outside their cars, are extremely, extremely friendly.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:09 PM

91 posts, read 329,701 times
Quote:
Why are people so friendly in Dallas?

None of your business!

Old 02-20-2009, 03:14 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,149,376 times
Yes we are But if you go down to my hometown of Laredo, TX they are even friendlier! I was just down there last month and had forgotten at how nice and friendly everyone is! Even more so than Dallas! But thanks for the compliment even if I DID move out of Dallas to .....GASP ..the suburbs!LOL

Old 02-20-2009, 04:52 PM

88 posts, read 319,221 times
Default Garland, Texas - Need any info.

Hi anyone and everyone,

My son will be accepting a job in Garland, Tx. We know nothing about this area. Can you recommend which areas would be best to look for apartments.

My son is a single male, age 28. Loves sports, loves women, loves to work out and loves to fish.

He would like to live close to work because he hates communiting. I dont know how far Dallas is from Garland but I would think he would like something that is close or walking distance to food, cafes, sports bars etc.

Any help on this is really appreciated.

he can pay probably up to 1200 a month or more just depends on what ammenities are either there or near by.

thank you - Diane

Old 02-20-2009, 06:09 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,518,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dldavis View Post
Hi anyone and everyone,

My son will be accepting a job in Garland, Tx. We know nothing about this area. Can you recommend which areas would be best to look for apartments.

My son is a single male, age 28. Loves sports, loves women, loves to work out and loves to fish.

He would like to live close to work because he hates communiting. I dont know how far Dallas is from Garland but I would think he would like something that is close or walking distance to food, cafes, sports bars etc.

Any help on this is really appreciated.

he can pay probably up to 1200 a month or more just depends on what ammenities are either there or near by.

thank you - Diane
You might want to start a new thread with your question and put the word Garland in the title. You'll probably get a lot more responses that way. I'll tell you what I know though. Garland is a very large first ring suburb located to the NE of Dallas. The population is well over 200,000 and demographically it is very diverse, much like Dallas. I'll let others who know more about Garland suggest places to live there. If your son wants to live in Dallas, there would be lots of options that would not be too far from Garland. Rent of $1200/month is quite do-able in either city. If your son's job in Garland is near a DART rail station, it is conceivable that he could live along the DART rail line anywhere from Garland all the way into Dallas and not have to drive to work. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas