Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 03:29 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korel View Post
Run for your lives! They're here! Albino Brain Chiggers are falling from the sky!!
ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ohmygosh, I can't stop laughing. LMAO!!!!

No, no, no. They are government sent. They will imbed into our scalp and attach to our brains so that the government will know exactly what we are thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 03:32 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,137,667 times
Can someone tell me on here why does Ft. Worth and the areas outside of 635seem to always get more snow? In Florida it works this way with rain (the big storms always form inland, not at the beach).

Where I am in Old East Dallas, it seems like a blizzard by looking at the airport tower cam but here it is raining with a few flurries. Last "snow storm" it was the same way, it wasn't much more than half an inch here but it seems like everyone else got enogh to cover the grass.

I have also had people tell me that in these same areas that get hit harder by snow, they also get worse thunderstorms. Is this true? Any theories as to why?

Old 12-29-2009, 03:45 PM

937 posts, read 2,907,542 times
I noticed the same thing living in east Dallas. Not sure if there is a reason for this or if it just happened this way while I lived there.

Old 12-29-2009, 03:49 PM

^^^^ I've already said on this thread but got scolded

Old 12-29-2009, 03:52 PM

Weall love and value your insight momofdfw forum!

Old 12-29-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
Weall love and value your insight momofdfw forum!
blushing........

I'm in Garland and it is now snowing more than it is raining. But not sticking. I'm sure my sister in McKinney has a yard blanketed of the white stuff. Then my mil in East Texas MIGHT have seen a few sprinkles and she is only 60 miles away. Weather in the Dallas/North Texas area is odd. If it is raining on your street and you don't want it.......... just drive around the block.

When we used to coach our kids soccer teams we ALWAYS made sure parents knew that unless they heard from us games and practices were still on. It might be raining at your house a mile or two down the road but the fields could be dry as a bone. Happened MANY times.

Old 12-29-2009, 04:10 PM
zox zox started this thread

344 posts, read 479,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Wondering who on here was on the high school debate team?

For the record, I was NOT.
The only thing I liked to "spin" was some vinyl.
That is a fair comment and I deserve that. I didn't mean to start a lot of drama so my apologies. I just want people to be well informed and I want forum members to be candid instead of sugarcoating or leaving out information. It's true Dallas has winter and for this kid, it's exactly why I want to move back. Dallas aint no Houston

Old 12-29-2009, 04:25 PM

I get that weather varies from place to place, but why wouldn't one storm hit Ft. Worth and the next Dallas? Why do the northern areas usually get the thunderstorms? That is what I mean, that the patterns out there must have some reason. I assume it snows more in Ft. Worth because it's where it gets cold first??? Not rocket science just a logical guess lol. But now why is DFW a snow magnet with all of that concrete and runways??? No clue. Maybe Dallas has a big urbn heat island going on, I guess I just haven't felt it.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:17 PM

12 posts, read 29,133 times
Two things I would like to contribute:
1) When researching a new place to live I found it helpful to gather some hard, cold statistics in addition to the impressions of an area given by residents. That helped balance out any possible "sugar-coating" or grudges.

2) I grew up in Jacksonville, FL and we did on occasion have some (very light) snow.

ps- As a Florida native I think this snow is really cool! (no pun intended)

Old 12-30-2009, 09:32 AM

468 posts, read 1,887,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ohmygosh, I can't stop laughing. LMAO!!!!

No, no, no. They are government sent. They will imbed into our scalp and attach to our brains so that the government will know exactly what we are thinking.
The "Albino Brain Chiggers" is a line from 3rd Rock From The Sun when Harry for the first time saw snow falling. It was even funnier to see him freaking out shouting it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas