Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2012, 09:59 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
No one posted. Guess you couldn't find the thread.

OK...just kidding!

I've had an incredible couple of weeks at work. I wish it was like this all the time! I've made such a good chunk of cash!!!

I told my daughter she could still keep all the stuff I gave her last time she moved out....plus more since I plan to downsize. I told my landlord I would prefer a one bedroom and he said he did have some coming up for rent as some of the snowbirds started moving out. I would like to get closer to downtown (work) if at all possible. He actually has one unit within WALKING distance (two blocks) to my job that may come open. I won't really walk....but it's nice saying that I could.

Time for bed. I've been watching the free HULU site all week. I can't even count how many Biographies I watched....plus the one on Russell Crowe that I watched twice.
Did I miss this? Is your daughter moving out with Izzy? That's smart of you to look for a one bedroom. heeheehee.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:22 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Hey Glory, didn't you move from your house to an apartment so they kids wouldn't follow? I'm just teasing you. Remember, I'm not there yet. Mine still lives at home.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:04 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Hey Glory, didn't you move from your house to an apartment so they kids wouldn't follow? I'm just teasing you. Remember, I'm not there yet. Mine still lives at home.
YES...I did!

I think they are good to go as far as taking financial care of themselves, but I'm always afraid....very afraid.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
YES...I did!

I think they are good to go as far as taking financial care of themselves, but I'm always afraid....very afraid.
I can imagine. Now we understand what our moms were talking about when they said you'll always be my baby. OK, my mom didn't say that to me but she did say it to my brother and sister.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:12 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times
Quote:
YES...I did!

In this economy, I hear ya.........

Old 01-19-2012, 01:13 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times
One way or another, I wish they'd find that missing Montana teacher......sure does upset me.....

Old 01-19-2012, 03:31 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
One way or another, I wish they'd find that missing Montana teacher......sure does upset me.....

I agree, Wurzig. Apparently the cops have reason to believe that this Montana teacher was kidnapped by two men with extensive criminal backgrounds. Unless they confess, her body may never be found.

There are so many people who go missing every year and who are never found/located. I wasnt aware how many such missing people there are until I started watching shows like DISAPPEARED on the Investigation Discovery channel. The stories are all so sad. Usually, they go out jogging or shopping and just disappear into thin air, often without their wallets, credit cards, cell phones, etc. That has to be so hard on the families left behind.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:34 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
I can imagine. Now we understand what our moms were talking about when they said you'll always be my baby. OK, my mom didn't say that to me but she did say it to my brother and sister.

I tell my daughters that, no matter how old they get (one is 45 and the other is 43), I'll always see them as the sweet little 5-year-old babies they were so long ago. They somewhat roll their eyes when they hear that -- but someday, when their kids are 40-45 years old, they'll understand.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:02 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
HAPPY THURSDAY!

I didn't know about the teacher in Montana. I need to follow the news better.....and most people think I do since I work for a NEWSPAPER!
Truth is, I rarely read it.

Ketabcha, my daughter started dating my youngest son's roommate. They've known each other for a couple of years. They are all going in together for a larger house so Israel will have a yard to play in. It will be a loud messy house....but hopefully a happy one. I still plan to keep Israel on most weekends.

I still consider all my kids my babies, but at some point I'm not doing them a favor just dragging them along. If they had to buy all their own food and pay their own way, then they would have less for beer and pot. At some point everyone has to take responsibility for their choices and it is time for them to take responsibility for theirs. I can't spend the rest of my life (energy and money) fixing their messes.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:10 AM

Quote:
HAPPY THURSDAY!

I didn't know about the teacher in Montana. I need to follow the news better.....and most people think I do since I work for a NEWSPAPER!
Truth is, I rarely read it.

Ketabcha, my daughter started dating my youngest son's roommate. They've known each other for a couple of years. They are all going in together for a larger house so Israel will have a yard to play in. It will be a loud messy house....but hopefully a happy one. I still plan to keep Israel on most weekends.

I still consider all my kids my babies, but at some point I'm not doing them a favor just dragging them along. If they had to buy all their own food and pay their own way, then they would have less for beer and pot. At some point everyone has to take responsibility for their choices and it is time for them to take responsibility for theirs. I can't spend the rest of my life (energy and money) fixing their messes.
Hang in there kid, we're here for you....((((xxo))) Notice that we are there to actually help you move though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff