Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2011, 05:20 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,317,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Happy Belated St Patrick's Day!

Would you believe... I had another gout attack two weeks ago...the third one in about five weeks. (Last Fall I was getting them one right after the other for months until I got on a good anti-gout medication.)

This time I had to go to the hospital on an emergency basis because I overdosed on the anti-gout med. It was the same stuff I've been taking all along but it was the brand name this time instead of the generic. I thought the dosage would be the same, but the maximum dosage for the generic is 10-12 tablets per 24 hour period while the maximum dosage for the brand name is only 3 tablets per 24 hour period.

I took 12 of the brand name tablets in one 24 hour period and got violently ill (non-stop dry heaves, abdominal cramping, etc). My neighbor took me to the ER at 11:00 PM one night. They did some tests and, after making me drink that really vile charcoal, they admitted me right away to something called a Telemetry/PCU Unit, where I was hooked up to a heart monitor and other machines 24/7. Poison Control made me stay in the hospital more days than I wanted because of problems with heart, respiration and liver that can come up 3-4 days down the road. I was finally released yesterday afternoon.

Other than that, I'm ok. I'm almost all recovered from the gall bladder et al surgery from three weeks ago and I'm doing pretty well in recovering from the foot surgery.

And, poisoning aside, I'm feeling better than I've felt in a long time.
OMG TFW-that's horrible! You would think your Pharmacist would have gave you more guidance.
Glad your feeling better but wow-what a horror.

This weekend is Costco and gardening.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:51 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
Happy Belated St Patrick's Day!

Would you believe... I had another gout attack two weeks ago...the third one in about five weeks. (Last Fall I was getting them one right after the other for months until I got on a good anti-gout medication.)

This time I had to go to the hospital on an emergency basis because I overdosed on the anti-gout med. It was the same stuff I've been taking all along but it was the brand name this time instead of the generic. I thought the dosage would be the same, but the maximum dosage for the generic is 10-12 tablets per 24 hour period while the maximum dosage for the brand name is only 3 tablets per 24 hour period.

I took 12 of the brand name tablets in one 24 hour period and got violently ill (non-stop dry heaves, abdominal cramping, etc). My neighbor took me to the ER at 11:00 PM one night. They did some tests and, after making me drink that really vile charcoal, they admitted me right away to something called a Telemetry/PCU Unit, where I was hooked up to a heart monitor and other machines 24/7. Poison Control made me stay in the hospital more days than I wanted because of problems with heart, respiration and liver that can come up 3-4 days down the road. I was finally released yesterday afternoon.

Other than that, I'm ok. I'm almost all recovered from the gall bladder et al surgery from three weeks ago and I'm doing pretty well in recovering from the foot surgery.

And, poisoning aside, I'm feeling better than I've felt in a long time.
If you were a house....you would be considered completely remodeled.

I am having serious problems with my knees and legs. After sitting down, I limp on my right leg until it gets going. I think it is arthritis....but it is really getting annoying. I don't mind taking ibuprofen on a regular basis, but hate to take anything stronger until I'm older and don't want to build up an immunity to the good stuff.

Anyone have any suggestions? I did buy some better flip flops, but I'm so afraid I'll have to go to some orthopedic shoe if I go to a doctor.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:10 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times
Hi everybody.....

I think I am getting arthritis.....tylenol hardly cuts it.... I have tried mixing concentrated cherry juice with water to see if that would help but I don't do it often enough..... The joint in my big, left toe hurts and I was thinking that it might be gout, I dunno....probably just getting old and getting arthritis.. Some of my joints are permanently sore, such as elbow areas.... Plus, I never get to slow down.....planted several flats of flowers today but still have more to do..... A storm is supposed to be coming in tonight or tomorrow......we shall see...

Well, plans have changed here so many times.....my stomch is in knots.... I am flying to Denver early Monday.....it is close to the 17 days, so still keep things crossed for me...

I was going to drive my girl's car there on Thursday or so but not anymore.....it is 16 hours from here, so it would take me 2 days.....but so much is going on that he is going to stay here and handle the termite tent-replace boards-roof stuff and I am going to fly on ahead....

He's been interviewing moving companies......he is nervous, thinking we won't have a house to go to, (it's expensive for them to store our belongings, even for just a few days), so he is sending me sooner to check out as many as I can and when I narrow it down, he'll arrive......

I gave up flips a long time ago.....I wear Grape Nuts Shoes......LOL (Birkenstocks)...they feel so good on wide feet... But at a place like Disney, I wear tennis shoes.....

We are currently unloading all our drugs, food, etc., into either specialty bags that you have to double.....OR.....boxes that will just be stored in my car until the tent is taken down.... This is a REAL pain!

In order to save a LOT of money on the move, one rep told us to buy our boxes at Home Depot or Lowe's.....they don't have every size that we will need, but they are a lot cheaper there.....so, I have made a few trips to those stores already...

TFW, hope you continue to improve.....

Old 03-20-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Hi everybody.....

We are currently unloading all our drugs, food, etc., .....
Glad your priorities are just right...

It sure sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you. Moving is always such a big deal. Are you looking for a place to rent or buy in Denver? Did you check out their forum on CD to see if anyone can give you advice or any helpful hints in advance?

To everyone:
http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af208/12lindaterry/EASTER-ST%20PATRICKS%20-SPRING/a1434dc8.gif (broken link)

Old 03-20-2011, 01:30 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times
I will land in Denver but we are looking around Ft. Collins, Berthoud, (pronounced 'Berthid'), Windsor and possibly Loveland.... We have lowered on our end so many times.....we might be living in a gutter, I dunno....<sigh> Berthoud is REAL country, but you should see the views! Well, heck, Windsor is country, too..... Some areas are more 'cows' and some are more 'crops'....as long as nobody has a mean dog that tries to run after me when I am out riding my bike, I don't care if I smell cows and have to dodge tractors... We have been urban for decades and we are ready for a quiet area.....there are a lot of towns right by Denver, but I don't want to be a big, populated, commute-type-of-area.. The whole area is pretty......mountain views, lakes here and there..... And the houses are very different than CA.....everybody has a basement.....

Ft. Collins is one hour north of Denver.....a straight shoot.....and Ft. Collins is not that far from the Wyoming border....

Yea, I've viewed a lot on CD.....plus, his sister lives in Ft. Collins.... I took my girl there last January when she was checking out CO. State.....and I went back in August when I bought those rental properties...... She got accepted there but chose MT......

I have a lot of drugs that are expired...(call me the Narco Queen! Yea, right...)..am in the middle of doing them right now.....the trash can is going to full tonight, that's for sure! And I take a LOT of vitamins and minerals.....

When you are in a place for a long time, you really accumulate......we have been here over 16 years....

Old 03-20-2011, 01:52 PM

Oh Wurzig, I would consider it a GREAT adventure. I love moving and checking out a new place and new surroundings. If I had a job opportunity, I would move again in a heart beat! I get really bored staying in one place too long.

Cows are wonderful to live near. They don't smell at all. I also love living near crops. It is peaceful to watch the landscape. Then again, I grew up in a very rural area and have never really fell in love with city living.

When I moved to Orlando, I had accumulated lots of stuff with the kids growing up. I got rid of so much stuff and vowed never to let myself gather up so many belongings. We really don't need half of what we end up dragging around with us.

I've lived here almost 3 years and just today had a friend of mine bring some of the larger furniture items I still had stored in his barn. (Think I already posted that.) Funny how I never missed or really needed it.

Your garbage would be a treasure trove for all the homeless people......

Old 03-20-2011, 03:44 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,651,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I wish we still wore hats. They would be the perfect answer to a bad hair day.
I've said gthe same thing for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I hope my pot-o-gold at the end of the rainbow includes someone posting.
Sorry, was out of town visiting another sister over near Daytona. I showed her this site while I was there.

Quote:

Would you believe... I had another gout attack two weeks ago...the third one in about five weeks. I'm feeling better than I've felt in a long time.
Yikes! Sorry to hear of all these health problems. glad you're feeling better, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
I will land in Denver but we are looking around Ft. Collins, Berthoud, (pronounced 'Berthid'), Windsor and possibly Loveland....
I'm with Glory, I love moving and checking out a new place and new surroundings. Yes, it's a lot of work, & now that I'm older, I wouldn't enjoy it as much. But we used to move quite often since my husband's in construction. He's an optomist and I just enjoy the adventure.
Wishing you all the best!

Old 03-20-2011, 04:07 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,317,833 times
Moving is great as long as you have family or kids near by.
Our first relocation was great, our kids were with us-family visited.
2nd relocation-no kids -no family-this stinks!! We can't wait to move back near our kids. It's just boring-we take little projects,what ever-shopping for an item,landscaping and kill it to death just to keep busy. We are out of our element here in the Midwest-no beaches-no salt water fishing for DH.
Ahh calgon take me away....

Old 03-20-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
Moving is great as long as you have family or kids near by.
Our first relocation was great, our kids were with us-family visited.
2nd relocation-no kids -no family-this stinks!! We can't wait to move back near our kids. It's just boring-we take little projects,what ever-shopping for an item,landscaping and kill it to death just to keep busy. We are out of our element here in the Midwest-no beaches-no salt water fishing for DH.
Ahh calgon take me away....
Do you have to stay there due to a job or could you move elsewhere? I think life is too short to live in a place that doesn't make you happy. I don't particularly like Orlando, but my younger kids are here and we do have the theme parks. Other than that, I would move if I had a job someplace else.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:50 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
After sitting down, I limp on my right leg until it gets going. I think it is arthritis

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Glory, but that's exactly how my arthritis (in my right knee) started out a few years ago. I tried various OTC meds but nothing really helped until my doctor gave me a prescription. It worked, but then the docs agreed that that med was probably the cause of my acute kidney failure last fall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff