Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2011, 08:59 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,165,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/reposit...hahaha-024.gif

I was going to ask Glory B if that could be her sitting down but these days it could be me after a few frozen drinks!!
After all the hours I've worked lately....my neck really IS twitching like that!

Trust me, if I didn't love you guys, I wouldn't even be online during the week because I'm just WORE OUT! I've rarely posted anywhere lately but on our beloved freebie forum.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:39 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,420,754 times
Well, NO RAIN HERE TODAY! All the weathermen predicted 40% chance and not a drop anywhere. I hope Camper had better luck. If we dont get some rain this week, after the weatherguys predicted four days of wet stuff, we're going to TP their houses and pray that it rains before they get the TP picked up.

I finally got my car back tonight...after more than a week! The problem was that the first two replacement compressors, which were brand-new, were defective. The repairman had replaced everything twice and couldnt figure out why the a/c still didnt work. What can you do when every single part has been replaced twice? Then he thought to try a different BRAND of compressor, even thought the previous ones tested in an acceptable range. Viola! Who'da thunk??

This compressor was $100 more but the shop didnt charge me for it -- and also didnt charge me for all the replacing and testing it did the past few days. That's why I love these guys. Sometimes it takes them a while longer to figure out what's going on, but they always do and they never charge me for anything other than what they must.

Now I'm hoping (confidently so) that the little bad-luck black cloud hanging over my head the past couple of weeks is dissipating -- and will bring rain!!

Old 06-22-2011, 12:57 AM

I just checked the San Antonio doppler radar and Camper is about to get bombarded with heavy rains...the purple radar stuff! She may see more rain than she wants. San Antonio floods so easily (just like Houston). Keep your fingers crossed for her...

Old 06-22-2011, 04:47 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,740,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Well, NO RAIN HERE TODAY! All the weathermen predicted 40% chance and not a drop anywhere. I hope Camper had better luck. If we dont get some rain this week, after the weatherguys predicted four days of wet stuff, we're going to TP their houses and pray that it rains before they get the TP picked up.

I finally got my car back tonight...after more than a week! The problem was that the first two replacement compressors, which were brand-new, were defective. The repairman had replaced everything twice and couldnt figure out why the a/c still didnt work. What can you do when every single part has been replaced twice? Then he thought to try a different BRAND of compressor, even thought the previous ones tested in an acceptable range. Viola! Who'da thunk??

This compressor was $100 more but the shop didnt charge me for it -- and also didnt charge me for all the replacing and testing it did the past few days. That's why I love these guys. Sometimes it takes them a while longer to figure out what's going on, but they always do and they never charge me for anything other than what they must.

Now I'm hoping (confidently so) that the little bad-luck black cloud hanging over my head the past couple of weeks is dissipating -- and will bring rain!!

Looks like someone has something to do today....

And of course something for Camper..

GB you really are missed in other threads....I know the long hours thing though. Don't forget to take care of you!

Enjoy your day everyone.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:23 AM

Awww.....poor Camper.....

Glad you got your vehicle back tfw! Those AC's can be tricky after they go out. I've dealt with two cars where the AC went out and somehow....they never got quite back to normal. At least you have an honest mechanic who was willing to replace parts at no cost. I hope all is well for you now.

cw, I sure miss posting too, but for now, I'm just short on time and energy. I'm sure all will get back to normal soon. ALL I WANT is to actually get to work and find a parking space within the vicinity of the building of which I work. I'll be so glad when that trial is over............

GOOD MORNING TO EVERYONE! I hope you all have a great day!

Old 06-22-2011, 06:44 AM

Boy, the winds are starting up and the temp is dropping. I hope Camper is ok! It looks like we're in for some bad weather. After not having my car for so long I was hoping to run errands today, but not in the weather that's going to be here soon.... My electricity and cable will probably go out when the hard stuff hits -- but that's ok. We need this rain so badly.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:42 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,995,149 times
Morning guys!!! We're fine here. Got maybe an inch , according to the news. I got up about 5 to the light show and went right back to bed. Didnt get up until 8am!!! I love my little pills!

We leave tomorrow to camping at the Frio river but bring on the rain. I can take it. I have a might motor home!!!

And my umbrella is yellow with ears!!!!

Old 06-22-2011, 07:44 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,995,149 times
I just got a new star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cake, cake, cake.....

Old 06-22-2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
I just got a new star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cake, cake, cake.....
I noticed this morning....and you were only short a few reps. Got a few of your CD friends to chip in and there ya go...............another star much earned!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/commu...l#post19699275

GOOD JOB Camper!

Old 06-22-2011, 09:05 AM

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/nowaware.jpg (broken link)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff