Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2010, 04:41 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,317,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
There have been so many... I say off the top of my head the Vocal point eye cream, red jar.
You're probably thinking of Olay Pro X- I've been using it-not seen any change as far as wrinkles or texture.

For me getting the sample of Strivectin SD-it is very expensive and now I can give it a trial run before laying out big bucks to soften wrinkles (I'm realistic-can't eliminate wrinkles w/out botox)

Old 10-21-2010, 04:45 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
For me it was that huge selection of items from Mario Badescu. I couldn't believe they sent so many items in so many wonderful containers.

Old 10-22-2010, 05:43 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
For me it was that huge selection of items from Mario Badescu. I couldn't believe they sent so many items in so many wonderful containers.
I agree. That one was quite a shocker since there were SO MANY samples sent at one time.

Old 10-22-2010, 06:46 AM

PAYDAY!!

I've been looking forward to this one since it was a little bigger than usual. I'm picking up my daughter when she gets off of work. We are going out to lunch and shopping with NO ISRAEL! Yes, we love the little fellow, but it has been so long since it was just the two of us. Both of us have been counting the days.

Tomorrow I'm not going to work. First Saturday I've taken off in a long time. I plan to take Izzy (Israel) to Toys R Us. Since he prefers going around the stores on foot now (instead of the buggy or stroller) we have been avoiding this one. But, since it is so close to Christmas, I thought it would be fun for him. Also, I was happy to see they are having some free Lego Event there. He'll enjoy that and the free Lego toy.

Doesn't take much to make me giddy for the weekend does it?

What is everyone else doing?

Old 10-22-2010, 10:50 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
I'm going to a wedding and reception. He's 32 and she is 28. First marriage for both. I've known the groom since he was 10. It truly is a match made in heaven for both of them. They took their time and I believe this will pay off big time for them. It will be quite a festive event with over 200 people at the reception. It's being held at Ft Worth's most famous restaurant, Joe T. Garcia's. Sit down meal, beer, wine, margaritas and a band. Yeppers, it will be fun.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:58 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times
2 nights ago we saw the movie about John Lennon. I am not a fan of his, but it explains a lot of his 'weirdness'.

Yesterday I had lunch with a good friend...we windowshopped at a mall..she brought her ipad and showed me all of her pics from her recent Alaskan cruise and inland trip......so pretty. We ate the BEST sweet potato fries sprinkled with a bit of sugar and some type of spice.....cardamom? I dunno... I have a 'girl day' so infrequently....we talked non-stop.

Last night we went down to Carlsbad so he could see his ailing folks and we ended up eating dinner with my sister-in-law and husband....it's nice to see her at a time when she isn't doing my hair....

I am spiffing up the place today and tomorrow......we have another open house on Sunday....the ground is wet again today, which means we had rain before we woke up....again... It just says 'cloudy' for Sunday...I hope Mother Nature keeps her word......

The crows have been tearing up my lawn again....it looks like somebody practices golf.....I spread all kinds of grub killer, etc., last week.....it never ends...

Today I am going to return a bag of rotten apples to Costco.....grrrrr!

There will be at least one trip to the Y.....I have no idea how people can run on those ellipticals for over an hour, nonstop. I can stay on one for about 10 minutes. I go 5 miles on the bike and do other machines, but the elliptical exhausts me. Maybe they eat a can of spinach before they get on the things....<sigh>

And tonight, I am going to watch Tom Selleck!

Have a good weekend everybody!

Old 10-22-2010, 10:59 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I'm going to a wedding and reception. He's 32 and she is 28. First marriage for both. I've known the groom since he was 10. It truly is a match made in heaven for both of them. They took their time and I believe this will pay off big time for them. It will be quite a festive event with over 200 people at the reception. It's being held at Ft Worth's most famous restaurant, Joe T. Garcia's. Sit down meal, beer, wine, margaritas and a band. Yeppers, it will be fun.
Sounds like fun! Have a good time!

Old 10-22-2010, 02:00 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
You're probably thinking of Olay Pro X- I've been using it-not seen any change as far as wrinkles or texture.

For me getting the sample of Strivectin SD-it is very expensive and now I can give it a trial run before laying out big bucks to soften wrinkles (I'm realistic-can't eliminate wrinkles w/out botox)
Soft wrinkles... I always loved my moms skin. She's had wrinkles for as long as I can remember but they were always soooooo soft.

Old 10-22-2010, 02:06 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Did anyone else ever got that wooden recipe box? That thing is great. I'm filling it for my daughter for when she moves out next year...

Old 10-24-2010, 09:04 AM

No....no cool wooden recipe box for me!!

Had fun with the little guy at Toys-R-Us yesterday. I'm not sure if they did the free Lego thing since we left around noon....but he sure did have fun playing with all the displays. He seemed to really like the train sets, so I'm thinking a wooden Thomas Train set for him for Christmas. We did pick up a couple of toys....plus the name brand back packs were ON SALE for $5.95!! He picked a Buzz Lightyear one.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff