Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2010, 08:51 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,214,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
The amazing writing.
You never know what literary masterpiece lurks inside you.
Or maybe you could just write a trashy romance novel.
Either way, we would be proud of you.

I have my grandson with me this weekend. I'm sitting here watching an old Sonic the Hedgehog movie he picked out. It makes me wonder how the game got so popular.

Not sure if there are any new freebies out there....but I'll go check it out.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:44 AM

4,586 posts, read 4,275,307 times
Just poppin' in to say hello! It's down to 66° and raining! Well, sprinkling..but steady! Wooohooo
TFW, get better real soon!

Old 10-05-2010, 08:33 AM

Enjoying the day with the windows open!! We get so few of those in central Florida.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/fall_clipart_09.jpg (broken link)

It sure is quiet in here with TFW sick and Camper....well... gone camping.

Old 10-05-2010, 01:47 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,011,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Enjoying the day with the windows open!! We get so few of those in central Florida.

It sure is quiet in here with TFW sick and Camper....well... gone camping.
Actually we don't leave until Thursday morning. today I'm getting ready for Texas Night Out. hubby found me some little 7 oz Bud light beer bottles so I can take a pin pill and still get a small buz. The bottles are so cute!!!

My podiatrist says I should have surgery on my foot.... I don't think so.. Never again for me.

I sure hope TFW is doing OK. It bites when you cant walk. No matter how well you plan, you always forget something in the other room or up stairs.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:48 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,532,415 times
Hi All,

Got the 2 flats of impatiens planted the other day......and we have had cold drizzle ever since. I can't believe the weather lately......record breaking heat and now I am chilly wearing my shorts...it's getting time for sweats, I guess.......

Made a huge vegetable soup and get to eat the leftovers tonight...cornbread, too......the house smelled like Betty Crocker lived here all day yesterday.......I just love it when I don't have to think of what to cook...

Old 10-06-2010, 02:55 AM

Quote:
For anyone who isn't a part of any of the Community Chat groups....you are invited to join us at The Village!!
http://www.city-data.com/forum/commu...ival-open.html

Happy October to everyone!!
I have no idea what this dish is....but it looks really good!
I wonder if you back it IN the pumpkin or just put it in later.
Again....I don't know what 'it' is.....
Any ideas?
Believe it or not, I've thought about this, but just a little bit....
At first, I thought those might be bleu cheese chunks, (I saw a recipe), but na...
The soup is definitely cooked outside the pumpkin shell.....and I think maybe those are croutons on the top with some diced, red bell peppers or pimentos or something......and the pumpkin looks a little brown around the edges where it was cut, so it was probably placed under the broiler for a few seconds to maybe melt some cheese or whatever.....

Old 10-06-2010, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I've never had pumpkin soup.

It just looked like what I thought pumpkin soup would look like. LOL

It is so pleasant here these days. Each morning it is in the 60s. Fall is my favorite season and this one is already proving to be just great. There is something in the autumn air that energizes me (not that I act on it). I suppose it is the promise of winter.

I've always thought how wonderful it would be to be holed up in a mountain cabin for a fall and winter while writing extraordinary pieces of prose and drinking cold milk from a bottle that is buried outside in the snow. I'd smoke cigarettes by the carton and hunch over the keyboard like Lillian Hellman and churn out masterpieces akin to "Pentimento" while daintily slurping vegetable soup (not pumpkin) and cussing when the tomatoes smear my keyboard.

Well, that ain't gonna' happen.
Dang, Keta, you sure are getting the stars! If you had some parties and I didn't come, it was because I didn't see the messages.....I haven't been on a lot lately....... Happy Star Party For All Your Stars!

Old 10-06-2010, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Believe it or not, I've thought about this, but just a little bit....
At first, I thought those might be bleu cheese chunks, (I saw a recipe), but na...
The soup is definitely cooked outside the pumpkin shell.....and I think maybe those are croutons on the top with some diced, red bell peppers or pimentos or something......and the pumpkin looks a little brown around the edges where it was cut, so it was probably placed under the broiler for a few seconds to maybe melt some cheese or whatever.....
I asked the lady at work who tries out all the recipes before they put them in the newspaper (yes, we have a kitchen just for that!). She said usually potato soup with cheese is used, but broccoli soup also goes well with the pumpkin. You scoop out the pumpkin, put in the cooked soup....and as Wurzig predicted....you can bake it just a bit to blend the tastes and brown up the pumpkin or crouton topping.

I think I'm going to try it over the holidays. It looks really wonderful and sounds easy enough.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
I asked the lady at work who tries out all the recipes before they put them in the newspaper (yes, we have a kitchen just for that!). She said usually potato soup with cheese is used, but broccoli soup also goes well with the pumpkin. You scoop out the pumpkin, put in the cooked soup....and as Wurzig predicted....you can bake it just a bit to blend the tastes and brown up the pumpkin or crouton topping.

I think I'm going to try it over the holidays. It looks really wonderful and sounds easy enough.
I wonder if their version has a bit of ginger in it?

'Regular' potato soup is pretty good, especially if it has tiny chunks of ham in it......not low-calorie though...... When they serve it cold, (at women's luncheons), it has a fancy name....and I can never spell it correctly and I'm too lazy to look it up....vichessoise or whatever.....vichysoise, I dunno.

It poured like h*ll here in the middle of the night.....torrential rain! Unbelievable!

I've had a headache for 2 days......I'm about ready to cut off my head...and then I'll look like one of those chickens that continues to run around after you wring its neck....

I have so much to do around here......I'm doing some of it but I'm lazy this week....

Old 10-06-2010, 07:34 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,334,293 times
I don't know how you manage to do all that you do as it is, Wurzig.

I guess you prove the adage that if you have something you want done then give it to a busy person and it is sure to be taken care of.

Y'all's weather has been the pits the last month or so. Extreme heat and now torrential rain.

Take good care of yourself. All the stress about the house and the myriad of other things going on can sure wear a person down.

I'm going to start calling you "Bunny" because you sure are energized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff