Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2010, 04:16 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I dipped him out of the pool with the basket and cut off his head with a hoe. I'm not afraid of snakes but the surprise element is what gets me about them. I don't think he was a poisonous one but I prefer not to have one around.

The carpet is drying and the cats are having a field day in the den where all the stuff is propped up drying.
You and GB are brave!

I know they eat mice, etc., but I can't take snakes. They give me nightmares! I used to bend my knes and bring my legs up close to my chest when I was a kid in my twin bed.....I thought snakes were at the bottom of the bed. I've had several nightmares about snakes. I don't even visit that area of a zoo.

When we saw the rattlesnake on the walking path near the Y about 6-8 weeks ago, I hyperventilated and that ended our walk. My husband kept trying to get me to drink my water and calm down. I kept pouring the water in my mouth and it kept falling out. I was having such trouble trying to breathe that there was no way I could swallow. I looked like I was a candidate for an old-lady wet t-shirt contest.

When my girl was little, (I think she was in jr. kindergarten), she went on a field trip to some sort of little, local museum in a nearby mall...I did not go on this particular trip, which was unusual....maybe I was sick or had to go to the dentist or something, I dunno. She came home saying, 'roseyaboa, roseyaboa'. I had no clue what it was for a few weeks.....FINALLY, I learned from the teacher that the place had a boa snake named Rosey and they petted it. I nearly had a heart attack! She has no fear of animals.....she has a gentle personality and they sense it.

A month ago, I had a nightmare thinking that an alligator was trying to eat me....I was up in a tree and my butt was sticking down and he was jumping up, trying to bite my butt....I yelled out in my sleep. My husband thinks I'm comic relief when I am asleep.....NOT!

Old 09-11-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
All is fine here. We've never flooded here at my house ( knock on wood ).
I hope it remains that way.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:53 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
The only thing I'm really afraid of is mice. When I was a teen, I had one crawl up my bell bottom jeans at a party/hay ride. Scared the crap out of me. I even avoid looking at them in the pet shop.

The kids and I plan to go to Sea World tomorrow. It is about the end of our annual passes. Next time around we are going to get the annual Universal Tickets instead since Israel (grandson) is now older and would enjoy it more than when he was 'stuck in a stroller' size. It is going to be in the high 90's....so pretty hot....but there is plenty of shade and fun to keep our mind off of it.

Wasn't that gas line that blew up in California awful??? I was relieved when I knew it was at least northern California.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
The only thing I'm really afraid of is mice. When I was a teen, I had one crawl up my bell bottom jeans at a party/hay ride. Scared the crap out of me. I even avoid looking at them in the pet shop.

The kids and I plan to go to Sea World tomorrow. It is about the end of our annual passes. Next time around we are going to get the annual Universal Tickets instead since Israel (grandson) is now older and would enjoy it more than when he was 'stuck in a stroller' size. It is going to be in the high 90's....so pretty hot....but there is plenty of shade and fun to keep our mind off of it.

Wasn't that gas line that blew up in California awful??? I was relieved when I knew it was at least northern California.
Yep, it's terrible and as of yesterday, the cadaver dogs found more bodies. San Bruno is near San Francisco.

Hope you have a good time.....

I have more to do before our open house, but I am feeling low today and instead of making the bed, I am sitting here on cd drinking caffeine, trying to get motivated.......<sigh>

We got an offer last week, but it fell through in the end.....<sigh two times>

My husband left a couple of hours ago to do his normal Sunday stuff...I got a call and email from LoJack telling me that maybe his car was stolen. (It never tells you that.....it just says it might have been moved without your authorization)..... Anyway, I was frantic, trying to get ahold of him.... He wasn't near his car, but ran about a mile getting back to it and it was still there..... He has one of those car keys where you don't have to unlock it.....you just walk up to the car and if the key is on your body, it unlocks.... Apparently his battery is a little low so it didn't register with one of the zillions of puters in that car...... thank goodness that's all it is!

Have fun at Sea World!

Old 09-12-2010, 12:31 PM

I kill mice and rats all the time, no problem. But I don't think I'd want one running up my leg.

When my girl was in the 4th grade or so, her friend at school had 2 rats for pets.....she brought them to school one time and had them crawling on her neck, etc.....it made me sick to my stomach.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:53 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Hi, all. Sorry I havent been around. I've been so bummed lately about my foot pain. I'll see the doc today about surgery. I was trying to wait until December 1 for that but cant do so. For the past few weeks I've been in bed resting the foot almost 24/7 and it's no better. I dont want to come here and complain so I'll wait until I have good news.

I havent read any recent posts in this thread but will do so today to get caught up on what's going on. I miss yall!!

Old 09-13-2010, 07:22 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Hi, all. Sorry I havent been around. I've been so bummed lately about my foot pain. I'll see the doc today about surgery. I was trying to wait until December 1 for that but cant do so. For the past few weeks I've been in bed resting the foot almost 24/7 and it's no better. I dont want to come here and complain so I'll wait until I have good news.

I havent read any recent posts in this thread but will do so today to get caught up on what's going on. I miss yall!!
We don't consider it complaining, just letting us know how your doing ( lord know I do it a lot). PLEASE... let us know what the doc says.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:50 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post

I hope you read how worried we were about you!! You can always share how you feel, good or bad......that is what friends are for!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had a great day at Sea World. It was SUPER hot, but not many people at all. We were able to take rides over and over without having to wait in line.

Kid you not....I was stupid enough to let my son talk me into taking the Mantra ride. You lay face down, so I figured it wouldn't be too bad. I had to watch this video I found online since I spent MY EXPERIENCE with my eyes closed! I also didn't know the ride shot water up at you...I thought someone had peed on me.

YouTube - Manta Point of View (POV) at SeaWorld Orlando

We also sprung for the $29 a day meal deal where you could eat and drink as much as you wanted to. We MORE than got our money worth. We had ribs, roast beef, cake, pie, fruit and drinks all die. Luckily I ate the bulk of this AFTER this ride.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:20 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I hope you read how worried we were about you!! You can always share how you feel, good or bad......that is what friends are for!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had a great day at Sea World. It was SUPER hot, but not many people at all. We were able to take rides over and over without having to wait in line.

Kid you not....I was stupid enough to let my son talk me into taking the Mantra ride. You lay face down, so I figured it wouldn't be too bad. I had to watch this video I found online since I spent MY EXPERIENCE with my eyes closed! I also didn't know the ride shot water up at you...I thought someone had peed on me.

YouTube - Manta Point of View (POV) at SeaWorld Orlando

We also sprung for the $29 a day meal deal where you could eat and drink as much as you wanted to. We MORE than got our money worth. We had ribs, roast beef, cake, pie, fruit and drinks all die. Luckily I ate the bulk of this AFTER this ride.

OMG!!! You must drink way more than I ever did! there's no way in he--I would survive that ride. I'd be throwing up for miles. I'm not even sure we have it here.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
We don't consider it complaining, just letting us know how your doing ( lord know I do it a lot). PLEASE... let us know what the doc says.
I second this! If we don't see you on here, we worry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff