Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 08:58 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,422,547 times

Advertisements

O, Wurzig, I feel so bad for all you've got going on. It really is too bad that we all dont live closer together to help out when someone needs it. Things have got to start looking up for you - and soon, I hope!

Camper, you should write a book! I dont mean to make light of your bee-stung elbow but I'm still laughing about the way you described it...

To all the rest of you, have a great weekend! Houston has been under a heat advisory for a week now. It's too hot to go outside in the daylight. And my lovely paver patio, which takes up more than 1/2 of my back yard, seems to make the yard feel even hotter.

Last edited by TFW46; 08-19-2010 at 10:26 PM..

Old 08-19-2010, 10:22 PM

I hope I can post a link to a video here. This is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time! Just click on the square image below. It'll cheer you up, no matter how bad a day you've had...

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w6/texasfirewheel/th_BreakfastWithGinger.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-21-2010, 05:01 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,319,031 times
Been busy around the house plus getting back into reading-light-fun stuff.

Wurzig-where are you getting all your energy from? Please send it my way-just reading your post made me tired-I think you need a vacation-how about Tahiti or the Fiji Islands

Camper-so happy about your crown-I need 2 more this year-I guess that what happens with getting older! You will get used to the laptop with the mouse. I've had one since 2004-absolutely love it-sit in my recliner in the family room with my laptop on my lap-I'm in heaven!

Waiting for cooler weather-so hot here-last August was not this hot-heat index 104. Well before we know it will be the winter & I will be complaining about below 0

Old 08-21-2010, 06:57 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
Been busy around the house plus getting back into reading-light-fun stuff.

Wurzig-where are you getting all your energy from? Please send it my way-just reading your post made me tired-I think you need a vacation-how about Tahiti or the Fiji Islands

Camper-so happy about your crown-I need 2 more this year-I guess that what happens with getting older! You will get used to the laptop with the mouse. I've had one since 2004-absolutely love it-sit in my recliner in the family room with my laptop on my lap-I'm in heaven!

Waiting for cooler weather-so hot here-last August was not this hot-heat index 104. Well before we know it will be the winter & I will be complaining about below 0
Wurzig is our own little Energizer bunny!

I'm thrilled about my tooth too. I hate going to the dentist. That's one place I have served my time over the years.

I'm not so sure I'm going to be a lap top person ( I'm back in the office right now...). Hubby wants to start traveling farther when we get a class A and it would really come in handy finding stuff on the road with all the WiFi spots around now. Plus when we want to research we don't have to cram in here anymore. But who know, I could learn to love it.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:05 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,168,388 times
It's a bird....it's a plane.....NO....it's WURZIG!
http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq29/viviana_vargas97/Air%20Balloons/1222309805.jpg (broken link)

Sorry I've been so busy the past week or so. It seems like everyone I know is trying to wrap up last minute summer visitations!! I've enjoyed it....but it sure has been cutting into my posting time.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:02 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,168,388 times
Where is everyone?

Old 08-23-2010, 05:05 PM

I'm here!!! Hubby is still on 3-11 and it's driving me nuts. My schedule ( ha ha) is all messed up.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:00 PM

Arghhh. My foot (the one on which I dropped a case of dog food cans) is worse. I've been trying to rest it but that hasnt helped. Last week I went to a different podiatrist, who gave me a shot in the top of the foot. That didnt help at all. Today he gave me another cocktail shot in the top of the foot. This shot was much bigger and hurt a lot (and I have a very high tolerance for pain). He said it would deaden the area for 5-6 hours but it worked for less than 1 hour.

He also gave me a big, heavy "boot" to wear to keep my foot immobilized -- I even have to sleep in it. He showed me the xrays and now I understand why it hurts so much. He also gave me a prescription for a Handicapped Parking placard, but I'm not going to go anywhere that I'll need it.

He said that, if this doesnt work, I'll have to have therapy -- and, if that doesnt work, then surgery. I got the impression that my insurance requires all these steps before it will pay for surgery.

I'm using my walker (left over from the stroke) because the boot is very hard on my back.

I've been trying to rest and lie down but, even with the boot on, my foot hurts so much that I cant sleep.

Sorry to whine. I never complain but this really hurts...more so than having two kids without anesthesia (although I admit my memory may have dulled those experiences), my ovario-hysterectomy, my rotator-cuff shoulder surgery and everything else except the stroke surgery.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Arghhh. My foot (the one on which I dropped a case of dog food cans) is worse. I've been trying to rest it but that hasnt helped. Last week I went to a different podiatrist, who gave me a shot in the top of the foot. That didnt help at all. Today he gave me another cocktail shot in the top of the foot. This shot was much bigger and hurt a lot (and I have a very high tolerance for pain). He said it would deaden the area for 5-6 hours but it worked for less than 1 hour.

He also gave me a big, heavy "boot" to wear to keep my foot immobilized -- I even have to sleep in it. He showed me the xrays and now I understand why it hurts so much. He also gave me a prescription for a Handicapped Parking placard, but I'm not going to go anywhere that I'll need it.

He said that, if this doesnt work, I'll have to have therapy -- and, if that doesnt work, then surgery. I got the impression that my insurance requires all these steps before it will pay for surgery.

I'm using my walker (left over from the stroke) because the boot is very hard on my back.

I've been trying to rest and lie down but, even with the boot on, my foot hurts so much that I cant sleep.

Sorry to whine. I never complain but this really hurts...more so than having two kids without anesthesia (although I admit my memory may have dulled those experiences), my ovario-hysterectomy, my rotator-cuff shoulder surgery and everything else except the stroke surgery.

More than the shoulder surgery??!! No way...

I have the boot thing on right now. it's left over from a long time go and still helps every now an then.

I feel for you, you've had your share of pain.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:29 PM

Yes, more than the shoulder surgery..so you know it hurts! I wish they'd just do the surgery and get it over with. I've heard that the surgery hurts but at least there would be an end to that. This pain is only getting worse and it's getting harder and harder for me to be my sweet self when I'm in so much discomfort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff