Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2011, 02:34 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times

Advertisements

HAPPY 12TH STAR PARTY TO KETABCHA!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/commu...l#post19263369

Everyone is invited.....BYOC.....Bring Your Own Coupons.

SO GLAD you got your Angel Food order TFW! The quality and amount of the food you get for the little they charge is absolutely astounding! And as you mentioned, you don't even have to go to the grocery store! Don't forget tht on their site, not only do they tell you how to cook all the items, but they also have some really fun recipes. It takes all the work out of getting dinner on the table!!

We also got the $25 snack box this time. What a DEAL! Had to be at least $50 worth of frozen snacks in that box. Our freezer is jam packed!

Took my grandson over to the Disney Shopping Village this morning/afternoon. He fell in the water play area and gave himself a real shiner. His whole eye brow area is purple and swollen. I found the Mulan princess stuff my granddaughter who is turning 6 next month wanted for her birthday.

Last edited by GloryB; 05-22-2011 at 03:21 PM..

Old 05-22-2011, 03:12 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
HAPPY 12TH STAR PARTY TO KETABCHA!!

SO GLAD you got your Angel Food order TFW! The quality and amount of the food you get for the little they charge is absolutely astounding! And as you mentioned, you don't even have to go to the grocery store! Don't forget tht on their site, not only do they tell you how to cook all the items, but they also have some really fun recipes. It takes all the work out of getting dinner on the table!!

We also got the $25 snack box this time. What a DEAL! Had to be at least $50 worth of frozen snacks in that box. Our freezer is jam packed!

Took my grandson over to the Disney Shopping Village this morning/afternoon. He fell in the water play area and gave himself a real shiner. His whole eye brow area is purple and swollen. I found the Mulan princess stuff my granddaughter who is turning 6 next month wanted for her birthday.
Ouch! I hate when the little ones get hurt while playing. Hope he's ok..

Old 05-22-2011, 03:21 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Oh, and I just got back from picking up my food from Angel Food Ministries. I cant believe how much there was! I had to give a lot of it to my neighbor because I wont be able to eat all of it. Even if I gave away half of what I bought, the prices make it a good deal. Plus, no fighting the grocery store lines!

I had read about this service on the internet but thought it was only for low-income families. Then someone told me that Glory had posted good things about it so I decided to give it a try. Thank you SO much, dear Glory!
I picked mine up yesterday, too, TFW. I was so surprised at how much food there was in the two deals I bought. The fruit and veggie box is amazing. And the prepared meals are great. I don't know what I expected but my expectations were way too low. This food is good quality stuff. I bought the meals for my neighbor, too, and she was just thrilled. They will help her so much because it is still difficult for her to get around and all she has to do is pop the meals in the oven or microwave and they are ready.

Plus, I really loved the atmosphere of the church rec room where I picked them up. Everyone was so nice. So, I made a donation and the lady in charge told me they provide this food to 4 different elementary schools. The counselors know which kids are from families that are barely making it. So, I felt great about helping kids, too. I plan to do this every month from now on. It's a good cause and it also saves me trips to the grocery store.

Old 05-22-2011, 03:24 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
HAPPY 12TH STAR PARTY TO KETABCHA!

Thank you, Glory. This one sneaked up on me.....kinda' like birthdays. LOL

Old 05-22-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Ouch! I hate when the little ones get hurt while playing. Hope he's ok..
Oh...he's fine. That is what he gets for trying to slide into water that is shooting up out of the ground at the play area floor.

I was watching the girls and boys play. I don't care what anyone says. Boys play different. They either want the water in their face or blasting up their shorts. Girls wiggle around wanting to pat at the water and only get their arms wet.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:25 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
I agree with everything you posted, Ketabcha. My pickup place was a Baptist church whose members (and their kids) were so very nice and welcoming.

Glory, I also got a snack box for my grandkids..lots of good-lookin' adult stuff in there too.

Yesterday must have been a major pickup day. My sister in Virginia and my daughter in Colorado both picked their food up then too. And both of them were as thrilled with their food as I was.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:57 PM

Yes, this past Saturday and Sunday are the Angel Food Pick Ups across the country!! The more people who join in....the better quality and cheaper the food is. This is one ministry many churches of all denominations chose to participated in that REALLY IS helping people from coast to coast. And as ketabcha said, not only do you save on food, but the gas/time to and from the grocery store.

I wonder how long it will be before the government or food lobbyist will try to ruin it for us.

Sorry I wasn't here this morning. I worked. I'm glad you guys didn't end up missing out on a bunch of good freebies. (Yeah, I actually drove to work early this morning thinking about that!!)

We have to route to work differently with the Casey Anthony trial starting up tomorrow. I wonder how long it will stay a circus??? They are expecting over 500 journalist and their crews. Guess the bars and eating establishments will do well. I know they need the revenue....so I guess I'll quit whining about the traffic.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:02 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,651,414 times
Just stopping by to say hi! I'll be offline a lot over the next couple weeks, so just wanted to say don't worry. I'll miss you, my friends! Take care.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:40 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr.R View Post
Just stopping by to say hi! I'll be offline a lot over the next couple weeks, so just wanted to say don't worry. I'll miss you, my friends! Take care.
Thanks for stopping by! Come back as soon as you can!

Old 05-24-2011, 03:44 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
How long do they anticipate the Casey Anthony trial to last, Glory! Such a sad story. I dont think I'll ever forget the photo of that lovely little girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff