Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2011, 10:12 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,200,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
How long do they anticipate the Casey Anthony trial to last, Glory! Such a sad story. I dont think I'll ever forget the photo of that lovely little girl.
6-8 weeks.

That whole story has more twists and turns than a gypsy dancer.

The Defense actually claimed the grandfather was present when the baby was drowned. Also claims Casey was sexually abused and didn't know the difference between right and wrong.

-------------------------------------

Memorial Day Weekend coming up. I'm off of work on Monday!!

Old 05-25-2011, 12:45 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,007,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
6-8 weeks.

That whole story has more twists and turns than a gypsy dancer.

The Defense actually claimed the grandfather was present when the baby was drowned. Also claims Casey was sexually abused and didn't know the difference between right and wrong.

-------------------------------------

Memorial Day Weekend coming up. I'm off of work on Monday!!
Take a wild guess as to my plans for the weekend....

Old 05-25-2011, 01:06 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times
I hope the jurors on that trial have the courage to rise above whatever the defense presents and do the right thing.

Camper, YAY for what you're going to do this weekend! Do I need more than one guess?

That's the only downside to being retired -- holidays arent any more special than regular weekdays....

Old 05-25-2011, 09:46 PM

My GOSH....the tornado storms just won't stop! Can't believe there have been 50 of them in the past 36 hours. I rarely watch the news at home, hear enough of it at work, but I started watching and felt horrified at so much loss of life, homes and jobs for so many people.

Are any of our freebie group within the areas that have been hit? If you know of anyone, please post and maybe after all is said and done, we can send them our freebies or some other household goods to help out.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:17 AM

Nothing here. We're in a terrible drought again.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:36 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,330,582 times
We've had a lot of rain lately. And hail and tornadoes. May is traditionally a weird weather month in north Texas and it has been living up to that.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:57 AM

I slept in too late again this morning. I decided to quit taking the Tramadol I've been taking for months. During the day I do fine, but it sure has messed me up trying to get to sleep and stay asleep. I guess after 3-5 nights, I should be good again. I didn't realize I would actually go through a withdrawal time.

The Exedrin is working good enough for my arthritis, so I don't want to take something I may not need now and build up an immunity to it in the future. If I take too much stuff now, then what will I take when I'm 65 or 75?

Old 05-26-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I slept in too late again this morning. I decided to quit taking the Tramadol I've been taking for months. During the day I do fine, but it sure has messed me up trying to get to sleep and stay asleep. I guess after 3-5 nights, I should be good again. I didn't realize I would actually go through a withdrawal time.

The Exedrin is working good enough for my arthritis, so I don't want to take something I may not need now and build up an immunity to it in the future. If I take too much stuff now, then what will I take when I'm 65 or 75?
That was my thought too until I started going to the doctor. Be careful of deterioration of the joints. Meds cam help that.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
That was my thought too until I started going to the doctor. Be careful of deterioration of the joints. Meds cam help that.
I don't think the Tramadol even addresses the joints. It's just somewhat of a pain reliever and puts me in a better/spunkier mood. I thought I could save it until I'm a little crankier and creakier than I am today.

Old 05-27-2011, 02:16 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times
You're right, Glory..Tramadol is just a pain reliever. It doesnt control inflammation (which is one of the causes of my pain) and it doesnt cushion the joints (another cause). When I asked my GP for something that will work, he referred me to my rheumatologist. That guy put me on a low dose of steroids (I think I've mentioned that here before) and, while they worked fairly well, I dont want to be taking steroids for the rest of my life. The Chinese massages are working well right now.

I took Tramadol regularly after my foot surgery and found that, when I discontinued it cold-turkey, I couldnt sleep at night. So I tried weaning myself off it and that seems to have worked.

Camper, we're having the same drought that you are...no rain in almost four months. I've had to water the foundation to keep it from settling. My water bill is too high when I water the patio plants 3-4 times a week (and I have to do it that often because of the heat). So I bought fake outdoor plants. I know, I know...I hate them too. But at least I dont have a $200 water bill and I dont have to replace plants every season.
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w6/texasfirewheel/Patio4.jpg (broken link)
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w6/texasfirewheel/Patio11.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff